dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 85.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. What are they?

Clue = both the improvements are in the Task Bar.

What is the giveio.sys in the list?

That's the SpeedFan driver.

What is the giveio.sys in the list?

That's the SpeedFan driver.

That's really ridiculous to know man! :huh:

Nope. What are they?

Clue = both the improvements are in the Task Bar.

There is no Task Bar in that image :angry:

There is no Task Bar in that image :angry:

I think that's known as a Task Bar - in any language.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/160478-can-windows-8-be-made-more-beautiful-than-windows-7/page-6?do=findComment&comment=546680

Oh yeah, that one. I thought, you were talking about this.

I can see there two start button and the modified volume level indicator. Also, the position of the pinned items is increased from the start button than usual.

Yeah, there's just one Start Button - but, the 2 notable differences are (as you rightly observed):-

• The Task Bar is centered lending a more symmetrical look
  • Icons from the Notification Area are disabled from being expanding

Yeah, there's just one Start Button - but, the 2 notable differences are (as you rightly observed):-

• The Task Bar is centered lending a more symmetrical look
  • Icons from the Notification Area are disabled from being expanding

Yeah that might be your own prospective but I like the way it is. I like expansion of items in the notification area than keep them hidden.

I like the power to be able to selectively hide icons that are (insignificant) and / or (personal) and also which might affect my privacy:-

2f052k6.jpg

But I like the red layer for the notification area icons. Can it be done on win 7?

Thank you, Mr. Configurator :)

I have one more query. I don't like the look of my current start menu (default HUD Apocalypse one). Is there any way for win 7 to make it like yours?

With so many system files patched what happens with windows updates or an eventual upgrade, do you need to unpatch before you can apply updates. Also after patching these files will lose their digital signatures...

With so many system files patched what happens with windows updates or an eventual upgrade, do you need to unpatch before you can apply updates

Good question - have often had to re-patch those system files after a patch Tuesday. Not all of the 66 system files are affected, though (usually, it's just the shell32.dll.)

At present, re-patching has become easy due to the installer - BTW, this Patch Tuesday does not seem to have reverted any of those patched system files (nonetheless, I ran the installer - just for insurance.) :)

I don't like the look of my current start menu (default HUD Apocalypse one). Is there any way for win 7 to make it like yours?

:yes: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/160478-can-windows-8-be-made-more-beautiful-than-windows-7/page-3?do=findComment&comment=544588

Donate me the stuff. I will mod the .MsStyle file.

Windows 8 does not use the same file number as Windows 7 - moreover, the Start Menu is broken down into different sections whereas it's one-piece in Windows 7. :think:

Edit:

Remember the issue we had when modding your red progress bar?

Windows 8 does not use the same file number as Windows 7 - moreover, the Start Menu is broken down into different sections whereas it's one-piece in Windows 7. :think:

Edit:

Remember the issue we had when modding your red progress bar?

Yeah, I remember that issue. We will keep thinking about this.

Please help me to choose the correct firmware for my mobile here. I have uploaded a pic having the list of firmwares.

Screenshot is not required - to know your existing firmware, just use the keys on your device to talk to you (have marked a response at that linked thread.) ;)

Alright, let's come to the start menu topic.

I will upload my current .msstyle file for you expecting that you will identify and extract the elements that are responsible for the UI of start menu and host them back for me. I will try to match them with the elements that you have provided me. I think, that's the only way left.

My current MsStyle file

Hey what happened to my start menu request. It's taking too long for you.

BTW,

2ues6ya.png

Archived