dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a problem - you could've easily installed a x64-bit OS (even on 1 GB RAM.) :(

yep, you're about that, but most of my software here in 32bit.

bad news, Rafael seems won't make it for x86 :(

well, I'll save it for later, maybe someone need it or I migrate to x64

I think you should add this information into OP that this surgery only for x64 :)

anyway thanks

edit:

sorry, I'm the one that missed that note

:sorry:

Just a couple of heads-up from my side:-

• x32-bit programs can be installed and work exactly the same way on a x64-bit OS (x64-bit programs cannot be installed on a 32-bit OS, though)
  • The problem you found yourself in, is not present for Windows 7 Users because Theme Resource Changer is available in both (x64 and x32, as well.)

okay, thanks for the head up..
I'll do more research for your first point
afaik, due to performance, it's better for someone like to stay with x86 OS and some software not work perfectly in different architecture.. :think:

^_^

• Administrator

That's not a problem - you could've easily installed a x64-bit OS (even on 1 GB RAM.) :(

Yes indeed. However, I've lived on a 64-bit OS on 2 GB RAM for many months. The experience wasn't painful or bad, but when I got my rest of the 2 GB RAM back from repair, I got my OS's fluidity back with it. 64-bit on 2GB is fine, but slightly bumpy.

okay, thanks for the head up..

I'll do more research for your first point

afaik, due to performance, it's better for someone like to stay with x86 OS and some software not work perfectly in different architecture.. :think:

^_^

Only rare 32-bit softwares don't work on 64-bit.

I know I'd hate to reformat and then reconfigure those programs & application all over again (in migrating from x86 to x64.) :(

My reason for installing a x64-bit OS even on 1 GB RAM is so that I wont have to subsequently reformat when I add more RAM - which is the cheapest performance enhancement available, ATM. :showoff:

Here's the entry theme which was my all-time fav. - you're using a subset of it.

OK, tell me something that's different from yours - new lesson. ;)

2mwx8qw.jpg

Very nice tut Dcs18! Love it, keep up the good work.

Very nice tut Dcs18! Love it, keep up the good work.

Hey hi, Brrownie - good to see you here, thank you. :)

Reminder:

It's Patch Tuesday, today - just received notifications for the following 22 Windows Updates:-

• 1 Silverlight (thanks to tezza)
  • 8 for Windows 8 (x64-bit)and
  • 13 for Office 2013 (x64-bit)

Those who patched their system files using this guide might find some of their files reverted - this is a reminder to run the installer to re-patch the system files. Stalwarts might want to perform a manual makeover, once again.

Tip:

In my experience with Windows Update, I've found that the one single system file that's generally updated is the shell32.dll

Glad to note that the Windows Updates (as described above) have not seemed to affected my skinning, this time. :rockon:

Title: Autoruns

Please check the following images and tell me the options to be unchecked.

sc1.png

sc2.png

autorun.png

sc3.png

P.S. I would PM you but you have turned off the facility.

All those entries belong to the Task Scheduler - easier for you to get it done using Windows 7 Manager (have you uninstalled it?)

All those entries belong to the Task Scheduler - easier for you to get it done using Windows 7 Manager (have you uninstalled it?)

The Task scheduler of win7 manager is not working for me. I disable the items and close it after optimized but if you again open the Task Scheduler, the options comes enabled again.

The Task scheduler of win7 manager is not working for me. I disable the items and close it after optimized but if you again open the Task Scheduler, the options comes enabled again.

Hope your system is not infected.

Anyways, let me inspect those images and get back later.

Hope your system is not infected.

Anyways, let me inspect those images and get back later.

Take your time. I'm not in a hurry.

Just a heads-up - the portable variant of Windows 7/8 Manager posted by vissha does not work cent per cent (have not mentioned that earlier - did not want to queer vissha's pitch.)

Were you able to notice the 2 improvements that you could make WRT to my previous image?

:lol:

Capture.png

Were you able to notice the 2 improvements that you could make WRT to my previous image?

Nope. What are they?

Archived