dcs18

Two more questions:

• Is there any clock gadget from Mr. GRiM?
  • Which screen capture utility do you use (It should be able to capture active window)?

• Replies 691
  • Views 89.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two more questions:

• Is there any clock gadget from Mr. GRiM?
  • Which screen capture utility do you use (It should be able to capture active window)?

Have never come across any gadget by Mr GRiM

I'm into SnagIt & HyperSnap

Got one, looks better but still not the best:

When you start mixing themes, you lose the character around which the original theme was designed. ;)

When you start mixing themes, you lose the character around which the original theme was designed. ;)

You are right. Don't know, it may be my tendency to learn.

The same Detail Pane that does not suit your theme seems to go well with mine. :think:

b3sx7t.jpg

The same Detail Pane that does not suit your theme seems to go well with mine. :think:

b3sx7t.jpg

You are on win 8, BTW -_-

Whenever one changes any image/icon, it's advisable to utilize the 3rd dimension to best effect - or else, the final effect looks flat, boring and unglamorous.

Where to get the 3rd dimension for utilization?

Oh yeah, I didn't notice them. They are the right click option. Is it possible on win 7?

Oh yeah, I didn't notice them. They are the right click option. Is it possible on win 7?

Oh yes, always easier on Windows 7 than on Windows 8.

Oh yes, always easier on Windows 7 than on Windows 8.

Haau?

01.) Run an elevated RegEdit

02.) Navigate to the following key:-

• [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}]

03.) Create the following 2 new keys in the left-hand-side pane under {5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}:-

• TasksItemsSelected
  • TasksNoItemsSelected

04.) If the key ({5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}) grumbles about permission - take ownership over it

05.) On the right hand side pane of those 2 newly created (TasksItemsSelected) + (TasksNoItemsSelected) double-click the sub-key (Default) and copy the following into the Value Data field:-

Windows.selectall; Windows.Cut; Windows.Copy; Windows.Delete; Windows.rename; Windows.properties; Windows.Paste; Windows.undo; Windows.redo; Windows.menubar; Windows.previewpane; Windows.readingpane; Windows.navpane; Windows.folderoptions; Windows.layout; Windows.closewindow 

06.) If ownership was taken above in step # 04.) restore ownership to Trusted Installer over the key ({5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7})

07.) Enjoy the following result:-

2i0gl1c.jpg

Man, that's aLOLtz twisted. Can't you make a .reg file to do that?

:naughty:

. . . . . it may be my tendency to learn.

:naughty:

>. . . . . it may be my tendency to learn.

I'll kick your butts :spank:

This customization speeds up the workflow of Windows 8, Vista or Windows 7 into one-click.

BTW, did your {5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7} key have the ownership or did you have to take ownership in Windows 7?

I have to take the ownership. Later I have restored that to Trusted Installers.

OK, good - this was one of the miniscule parts of the destroyed tutorial on enhancing the Windows workflow where I'd created screenshots explaining how to transfer ownership between the Current User and the Trusted Installer for registry keys and files & folders, as well.

The next important step is to speed up the workflow of:-

• Windows 7 from 2-touch to 1-touch
  • Windows 8 from 3-touch to 1-touch - makes even the Start Menu redundant, I've stopped using it on my system, altogether (have got something much more quicker than the Start Menu.)

It's about configuring a Desktop Dock for one click access to the rest of your system - no matter, how deeply you're buried within other windows. It helps even Windows 7 which is supposed to have the fastest work-flow off the block (2-click-access) - Windows 8 and XP have the slowest work-flow (3/4-clicks-access.) :thumbsdown:

Desktop Docks come to the rescue, here - on my Windows 8 I can reach anywhere else in just a single click (even if I'm buried deep into the Start Screen or even the infernal Modern UI.) :wub:

Did I also mention - your copy of Windows starts looking all the more ravishing (should make XP Users, fart out loud & clear - got a hard-on, Butt-boy?) :huh:

Yup, about to c(u)m :lol:

Nexus dock will do some job to minimize the workflow.

The credit of being ravishing, goes all to you.

Hey, how much CPU does Nexus dock use?

Archived