dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 90.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't installed it yet. But installed in the friend's desktop that I've assembled. I liked it. But I don't like the user folders in the 'This PC' windows. Hope, that is customizable.

OldNewExplorer might come to ur rescue, some ppl like it some don't, it's ur choice

@dcs18, what is the activation backup solution for windows 8.1 u1? Josh cell is telling that Advanced Tokens Manager isn't fully compatible with windows 8.1.

But I don't like the user folders in the 'This PC' windows. Hope, that is customizable.

Yep, it is customizable.

OldNewExplorer might come to ur rescue, some ppl like it some don't, it's ur choice

Another alternative is through Windows 8 Manager (for those who have already installed it.)

@dcs18, what is the activation backup solution for windows 8.1 u1? Josh cell is telling that Advanced Tokens Manager isn't fully compatible with windows 8.1.

None, ATM. :(

@dcs18, Here's the first problem I've faced with windows 8.1. It has no support for my GPU (ATI mobility radeon HD 5145). Windows 8 had the support. Now my laptop is running at low resolution on onboard graphics which runs hot.

Where is the solution?

I haven't installed any drivers. Previous windows 8 had default support for my GPU. But windows 8.1 update isn't supporting it. And, if you know, sony has a OEM restriction for installing some drivers. I'm gonna try the old windows 7 driver to see if it works. If I can't find GPU driver support, I must switch back to 8 :(

Your graphic card is outdated - native Windows support has ended, for it.

FWIW, even if the support had not ended, I would personally opt for a graphic driver released by the 3rd party Publisher - never for the native ones shipped with Windows. :doh:

If the original driver fails, that means I need to get back to 8, is that it or there's some hope that I can run 8.1?

Read my previous 2 posts, once again - original drivers are not Microsoft drivers.

By original drivers I meant the ones those shipped with the laptop, the sony ones.

Just install the 14.6 that I linked up - if you forget to uninstall your existing driver/s, your OS could be hosed. ;)

There AMD officially have said that they do not support Toshiba, Sony vaio, and Panasonic notebooks. Do you still think that this thing gonna work?

Well, I shouldn't have asked you this as it shows my doubt on your vast knowledge. Just to clear, I'm not doubting, just prompted in case you've missed that fact. I'll download tomorrow and give a try to the beta drivers you have linked.

ATM works , If it was phone activated. Online activation is not supported.

(believe yours is pemanent activation by phone ;) )

ATM works , If it was phone activated. Online activation is not supported.

(believe yours is pemanent activation by phone ;) )

That sounds good but i seems that my laptop won't be able to run windows 8.1 anymore. I'm having a display driver issue with it. If dcs18 can't fix it. I have to switch back to windows 8. That's the whole story right now.

Yep, that is it.

Ok. 101 MB of 303 MB done. So, when installing, I have to install the whole package or the driver only unchecking all the catalyst control center and other components?

dcs18 i understand you have good knowledge of photoshop from what i've been told from other members here. the reason i'm asking for help is kinda personal, so if you're interested and willing to give me a hand please pm me and will explain it to you and will gladly appreciate all the help you can give.

many thanks

Yep, that is it.

Ok. 101 MB of 303 MB done. So, when installing, I have to install the whole package or the driver only unchecking all the catalyst control center and other components?

Install all the components - your system is receiving an upgraded WDDM driver which is exclusively for the 8.1 (does not work with any previous Windows.)

if you're interested and willing to give me a hand please pm me and will explain it to you and will gladly appreciate all the help you can give.

many thanks

Shall do the best I can. ;)

Yep, that is it.

Install all the components - your system is receiving an upgraded WDDM driver which is exclusively for the 8.1 (does not work with any previous Windows.)
Yeah, the WDDM 1.3. It will be like miracle for me if it works.

If it fails to work, then don't click the spoiler below.

I will tell bhabi ji to try a hardcore BDSM on you

Personally, have already installed it successfully on a ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series.

Personally, have already installed it successfully on a ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series.

On a Sony notebook?

Archived