Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

like I said "I wish" I never expect them (wishes) to come true.
N.B. I have seen mods do things in this forum that are out of spite. Some might even see it as a form of baiting. Some fish learn and others get cooked, OK thanks for your time.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, 46&2 said:

like I said "I wish" I never expect them (wishes) to come true.
N.B. I have seen mods do things in this forum that are out of spite. Some might even see it as a form of baiting. Some fish learn and others get cooked, OK thanks for your time.

I know that you are wishing it. It's my responsibility to let you know about the possibility.

I'm yet to see a lot of good members with proper understanding complain. While I can understand members who post usually can be on the receiving side and when members are on the receiving side, it's likely that they may feel some sort of injustice. Rest assured, the staff are neither supported nor asked for what you are saying. But, they have a right to do what they think is correct for the forums and the community to do. But finally, everyone is a human, if you find any problems with staff actions, you could have always PMed the admins and such.

• 3 weeks later...

more attempted baiting:
settings in my profile are being changed, plus got 2 blokes following me now (even though I had that setting turned OFF)
members may want to check and see if anyone is following you even though you have option turned off and it says "no followers". Enable option to see if any "ghosts" are actually following.
IMO this is a form of baiting, trying to piss off someone to the point of lashing out, so mod can ban! Sorry boys, not gonna work. Follow me all you want. I wont get mad.
all because I have the balls to say it like it is. I love my big balls!

Dear Genie,

I wish to have my wish multiplied by three more wishes since I want three things to happen.

My first wish is to have an unread pages(not visited page yet), so that it is easy for me to look up on the topic I haven't read yet.

The second wish is to have a page for replied posted comments topics pages where I had visited that page yesterday, commented on it and then someone made a follow through post after mine.

I always find myself checking for the comments I made if there are someone who replied to it.

Yep, I know about the follow button but it does not have a page for itself to check for those replied "followed pages" after commenting on it.

When someone replied to a topic where I posted a comment, its notification will moved to the front of the queue and its old position erased.

This will be arranged on the date the latest posted comment was made. There will be today, yesterday, so on sorting.

The third wish is to have a separate page for the "likes" I gave and the untouched visited page (I visit it but did not like it or post comment about it).

Why? I like to follow my "like". Didn't comment since he or she already said much better than I want to say there.

But maybe later, I will comment on it if no one elaborate on that matter or further expresses what I want to say.

The "untouched" visited page is just to check what pages I scanned but never got my attention.

So please genie, grant my wish and this will make me a very happy creature.

Thanks!

Edited by nIGHT

• Administrator
12 hours ago, nIGHT said:

Dear Genie,

I wish to have my wish multiplied by three more wishes since I want three things to happen.

My first wish is to have an unread pages(not visited page yet), so that it is easy for me to look up on the topic I haven't read yet.

The second wish is to have a page for replied posted comments topics pages where I had visited that page yesterday, commented on it and then someone made a follow through post after mine.

I always find myself checking for the comments I made if there are someone who replied to it.

Yep, I know about the follow button but it does not have a page for itself to check for those replied "followed pages" after commenting on it.

When someone replied to a topic where I posted a comment, its notification will moved to the front of the queue and its old position erased.

This will be arranged on the date the latest posted comment was made. There will be today, yesterday, so on sorting.

The third wish is to have a separate page for the "likes" I gave and the untouched visited page (I visit it but did not like it or post comment about it).

Why? I like to follow my "like". Didn't comment since he or she already said much better than I want to say there.

But maybe later, I will comment on it if no one elaborate on that matter or further expresses what I want to say.

The "untouched" visited page is just to check what pages I scanned but never got my attention.

So please genie, grant my wish and this will make me a very happy creature.

Thanks!

So many wishes to fulfill, I do not know if I have the skill or would be able to instill. :P

1. Unread Content. Check on top right of the forums.

2. Three way to do it:

a. All Activity on top > Content I posted in.

b. Alternatively, open the unread content page in top middle, change the settings to Content I posted in.

c. This may be what you maybe looking for. Click on the menu next to your name > Manage Followed Content.

3. This will need to be implemented by IPB. While you cannot check if the topic has received any reply or not, but you can open your profile > click on Community Reputation on the left. This will atleast let you know about the reputation you have given or received. But yes, you cannot check if a topic has received any replies or not.

Welcome.

21 hours ago, DKT27 said:

So many wishes to fulfill, I do not know if I have the skill or would be able to instill. :P

1. Unread Content. Check on top right of the forums.

2. Three way to do it:

a. All Activity on top > Content I posted in.

b. Alternatively, open the unread content page in top middle, change the settings to Content I posted in.

c. This may be what you maybe looking for. Click on the menu next to your name > Manage Followed Content.

3. This will need to be implemented by IPB. While you cannot check if the topic has received any reply or not, but you can open your profile > click on Community Reputation on the left. This will atleast let you know about the reputation you have given or received. But yes, you cannot check if a topic has received any replies or not.

Welcome.

Not perfect but I am satisfied of what you did here. :dance:

Great thanks to you Genie DKT27! :wub:

• Administrator
On 23/10/2016 at 9:28 PM, nIGHT said:

Not perfect but I am satisfied of what you did here. :dance:

Great thanks to you Genie DKT27! :wub:

Good to hear that. I did not know or remembered some of the things until you asked about it. It's only when I checked that I came to know that yes these exists. IPB makes it so confusing.

I'm not a lamp or for that matter even a dog or a cat, but if and only if, I was, I would have asked for some rubs or something like that. :P

16 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I'm not a lamp or for that matter even a dog or a cat, but if and only if, I was, I would have asked for some rubs or something like that. :P

You are not any of those you mentioned, cause I treat you as my friend, and when a friend do favors to me then I gave them beers, donuts, pizza and ice cream. hehehe!

You did a good job there. Here's the virtual treats. hehehe!

:cheers::drunk::ganja::pizza::chef::snack:

Edited by nIGHT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
20 hours ago, zavana said:

Have a preference option for user to enable Sign in anonymously in Account Settings so the old forgetful me doesn't have to tick that box everytime.

Needs to be done at IPB level and I doubt they would implement anything useful as such.

Actually, I think such option might have existed, in many major versions ago, but it was probably long removed I think.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ThisPC666 said:

can we have a "Favorite" button? so all topics you clicked Favorite will be listed/save on your favorites.

Again, this will need to be enabled by the IPB developers. IPB is the forum software that we use.

Having said, alternatively, you can follow a topic. To do that, click on the Follow button on the top right of a topic. From it, you can also select whether you want notifications or not of them.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Togijak said:

A nsane Android app like XDA Developer has would be nice

http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/k065.gif

Would love to have something like that. But that requires a good dedicated Android developer. Which none of the staff are. Nor we know someone who can do it.

The forums supports this though, while I have not tried it myself, I have seen many people use it for browsing forums and such.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, ThisPC666 said:

admin, how do i view the posts that i click "like/thanks"

Go to your profile > click on the Community Reputation box on the left > on left, click on the Posts below the forums. This contains the list of all the reputation given to you and received by you here.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion For Messenger:

Please add an option to download conversations for offline reading. It'll help many members during site or forum maintenance/downtime/any forum issues.

Suggestion For Forum/Profile:

Please provide an option to download most user data(threads/posts/status msg/messages/existing attachments/signature.....) from profile settings for backup similar to social networks.

Suggestion For Reducing Duplicate Threads by New Members:

Instead of requesting new members in status msg to search before posting duplicate threads, admins could make this sent as auto PM & email once the member completed signup. Also, make it as sticky announcement in "RED" on the nsane homepage only for new members. This will be a caution note for them and they would eventually double-check before posting threads.

If a new member posts duplicate threads, they should be temporarily restricted from posting and they should contact Admin in PM to try removing restriction. If repetitive duplicate threads made after restoring feature with warning, the user should be banned only from posting threads but they could login, send msg, like/rate posts/status msg/threads, follow, vote in poll threads.

Edited by vissha

• 3 weeks later...

Since its Christmas time I would like to make a wish: I wish that all responses to someones RSU would be visible. The yellow highlighted stuff in pic below is a big PITA!
rsu.jpg

@rudrax please excuse me for using your RSU as my example. I had just replied to it, also it had enough responses that most were hidden until clicked, being a perfect example. :)

Edited by 46&2

• Administrator
On 20/12/2016 at 11:47 AM, TrojanK said:

I wish the "Report post" feature for one's own post be disabled. :rolleyes:

Why so. Many members use it to report their own duplicate posts on the forums.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, 46&2 said:

its also a good way to "bump" your post to the bosses! :)

I am not sure if that can be considered as efficient usage of it.

Still, to answer your question, no, it needs to be done at IPB level. Having said, there is a reason it's there.