Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

@Lite (who is trying to take the smart ass title away from me)

I was asking for features that are better than those in Paint.NET and GIMP, not 'more features'. :D

@Nima

The fact that I ask for features that are better doesn't mean that I'd like to see some other program removed in order for this to be added, it's just that if we already have two great applications then why ad a third if the two before that one are better ;)

Apparently the authors say these applications are completely different things, so then I guess that's not a valid point anymore (what I just said). (I still think you can compare them to some extent, ah well.)

I think we could add this tool, but we'll have to discuss it with the other staff :)

You can not compare every image editors because they are "image editor"!, the only things are comparable between these 2 great application are their license, OS, Size, Price and some other information.

There is a lot of applications that need to be published on frontpage, we will suggest them one by one my friend ;)

Thanks,

Nima

• Administrator

You can not compare every image editors because they are "image editor"!, the only things are comparable between these 2 great application are their license, OS, Size, Price and some other information.

+1

Vector image packages are completely different to standard Raster Graphics editors. There is no need to compare them - as they are different and are for different purposes.

We are always open to suggestions for new listings, feel free to request them "in bulk"; just be sure to include some reasoning ;)

Don't think autopager is supported on nsaneforums so is there any way to get it working here for you guys or is it totally upto Wind Li & Co ?

Don't think autopager is supported on nsaneforums so is there any way to get it working here for you guys or is it totally upto Wind Li & Co ?

well we don't list firefox addons on the frontpage, if that's what you're referring to.

If not, then you can just go ahead and make a thread about the addon in the Software Updates section

well we don't list firefox addons on the frontpage, if that's what you're referring to.

If not, then you can just go ahead and make a thread about the addon in the Software Updates section

Nope I'm talking about the autopager functionality(autoload next page) for nsaneforurms.

oh...well, I never tried the addon, but if you, a user of it can't make it work, then I guess it's up to its developer to implement nf into it

I suggest to add "Lunascape" today updated to 6.3.1.22729.

in one sentence from Softpedia: "World's only triple rendering engine and add-on browser"

More info about this:

Lunascape combines the best of Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer into a single browser. You can easily switch between engines on the fly for each tab. You can also view a page in 3 engines side-by-side for easy site comparison.

Lunascape is compatible with vast array of Firefox add-ons in addition to IE and Lunascape add-ons, giving you more extensibility. Lunascape is also an extremely customizable web browser.

You can change the look, menu, command, what have you, in any way you want. It is recognized as one of the fastest on the market and makes your browser a lot more snappy. In conclusion, Lunascape will enable users to interact with the Web exactly the way they want to.

Developer: Lunascape

License / Price: Freeware / FREE

Size / OS: 14.8 MB / Windows 2K / XP / 2003 / Vista / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64

Download | English, Windows

Thanks,

Nima

Edited by Nima

I'm not sure about it being listed. I did not like it. Me a Firefox user not used to that minimal look . Ad-Muncher & Roboform did not appear. Besides - with Firefox I do not have a problem accessing any sites that I use, so the point of having a browser able to switch between different browser engines I do not get really.

Hi guys. New suggestion MVPS host file. Is good for everyone's safety at internet.

LINK

Doesn't Spybot's Immunize feature do the same thing?

• Administrator

Hi guys. New suggestion MVPS host file. Is good for everyone's safety at internet.

LINK

Doesn't Spybot's Immunize feature do the same thing?
Not really.

The "immunize" function does different things and works differently.

i'd like to see myself as a mod here if all goes well :D

u can offer Lite some money u know,to speed up things a little B)

All my folders belongs to me anyway approach here :) So I'm sceptical about listing such a program.

I get what ur saying. The thing is that it can be extremely useful for people like me, who their PC is shared with other family members (because they don't have their own).

You know I was thinking that Major applications which have many facets to them.. and are extremely well used and popular...Like .. for example

Firefox..

Chrome/Iron

MirandaIM

Winamp

Adobe CS5

Maybe a few more.. Program which have alot of chatter and extensibility in one way or another..

..Could get there own 'Sticky Thread'.. and have subforums for discussions pertaining directly to them..with possibly stickied threads about extension/plugins/add-ons/hacks/mods and so on.. I know it would be more work..( especially harvesting them all ) but its an idea.. Sort of what I have seen around for OSes.. and such..

Edited by heath28m

• Administrator

Good point there. You can always make a thread yourself and if it's doing good, we can sticky it. Similar to ESET Fixes thread or Office thread.

All my folders belongs to me anyway approach here :) So I'm sceptical about listing such a program.

I get what ur saying. The thing is that it can be extremely useful for people like me, who their PC is shared with other family members (because they don't have their own).

Make sessions for each member... :mellow:

Hide Folder is too "specific" I think to be frontpaged (just my opinion)

Cheers.

++

Make sessions for each member... :mellow:

Hide Folder is too "specific" I think to be frontpaged (just my opinion)

Cheers.

++

This is why we have EXTERNAL STORAGE... especially USB sticks with our own programs/mods/hacks.. and some even our own OS... While it sounds like a great program to use.. I don't feel that it is a viable solution.. besides that I have been able to bust open every one of them I have come across.. SO with the novice level end of it.. Unless you compress encrypt.. then we have brute force..

So really I think the best solution would be proper acknowledgment and tutorials about how to stay secure and portable at the same time.. with all of your stuff... Just is better that way for all concerned.. No accusations.. thoughts in the back of your head or even forgetfulness which can lead to distrust.. and several other problems.. Plus the thumb drive will probably outlast a system which is used or messed with by several people... Keep your important stuff to yourself.. and a back-up of that even is not a bad idea.. Easy to move from system to system as well .. If eventually you get your own..

Best solution would be a nice little thumb dive.. really cheap in a few places.. AND/OR an EHD.. with a program like Toucan.. possibly installed into the PortableApps.com Platform..

Weird thread for all of that.. sorry for all the rambling..

EDIT: Even with LUA.. or Admin account it is possible for your files to be viewed and or controlled by another account.. and you never know what may motivate it.. For instance if it was me.. I would make them all each an account.. BUT it would be more like a KIOSK.. with not much control.. Lock down.. and if I was giving a spin on what parent do.. they would probably be skiffing around..

Edited by heath28m