Eset Nod 32 Fix for 3.0?

Vasser

Noob question time (and I have read through nearly every page of the 102 pages on this)

1: Installing this marsupilami fix, what directory do I install it too? Its not overly apparent to me (yes dumb question I know)

2: How do I know if it is successful? I'm still seeing a date 10-04-2008 (DD-MM-YYYY)

No.. not a dumb question.... the directory U install in is up to U... it doesent matter....

Did you reboot anytime after the fix? sometimes U have to do that...

Cheers

Oh yeah. I installed friday and have rebooted aboutr 5-6 times since then

------------------------------------

I think you installed a ESET with username and Password on it.

I am going to send you the right thing. Follow instructions and feedback when done,please. Also inform us which system you have (WinXP or WinVISTA) .

Thanks

cheers

Jofre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Views 270.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so I'm having trouble installing the new fix. I keep receiving this error message right before installation finishes:

"C:\Program Files\TrailTrick 4 Eset V3x\regedit.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

The only installation instructions that came in the .rar file were install eset then install fix and restart. So that's what I did and I received the error message but it still said that installation was successful so I restarted and when I updated it said invalid user/pass so I figured I had to convert eset to trail. I reinstalled eset, converted to trial and still got the error message when I applied the fix. I have restarted but I see no scheduler entries like in the manual fix. Has anyone else received this error message? Perhaps I need to install the fix to the Eset directory and not to the Trial Trick directory? I'd appreciate it if someone could PM me specific instructions besides Install Eset and Apply fix. Thanks!

OK so I'm having trouble installing the new fix. I keep receiving this error message right before installation finishes:

"C:\Program Files\TrailTrick 4 Eset V3x\regedit.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

The only installation instructions that came in the .rar file were install eset then install fix and restart. So that's what I did and I received the error message but it still said that installation was successful so I restarted and when I updated it said invalid user/pass so I figured I had to convert eset to trail. I reinstalled eset, converted to trial and still got the error message when I applied the fix. I have restarted but I see no scheduler entries like in the manual fix. Has anyone else received this error message? Perhaps I need to install the fix to the Eset directory and not to the Trial Trick directory? I'd appreciate it if someone could PM me specific instructions besides Install Eset and Apply fix. Thanks!

Hi I have a problem installing marsupilami fix, I got this error about my memory (RAM) not enough.

I have followed jofre instructions till installing the fix part.

I've attached the screen shot error here. And I'm running Vista x64 with 4G ram. Installed ESET NOD32 AV v3.0.642 Home Edition Trial.

1zew0b9.jpg

In TrialTrick of Marsupilami, there's a reg in it...

@Marsupilami

1. Is the installer needed, or is the reg-patch enough ?

2. Can the line of "P******T**" be included (so a restart isn't needed) ?

3. If I install NOD32 on an offline PC (so I can't update), will the patch work ?

3. IF you're PC is, let us say 32 days, ON, will NOD32 count down ?

Thanks for all your efforts !

Greetz,

Kurrado

Marsupilami your fix will not work on Vista 64 because registry tasks executed by 32 bit applications redirect to the 32 bit registry node even though you intend to send them to the 64 bit node. :)

You send this command (via ESS task scheduler):

C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info" /v PackageTag /t REG_DWORD /d 1431655765 /f

But what effectively gets executed is:

C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info" /v PackageTag /t REG_DWORD /d 1431655765 /f

(Go look in the registry on a Vista 64 bit system and you'll find your data at that key.)

ESET does not read the Wow6432Node key which is where your fix writes it. As a result you fix fails.

Of course you knew this. ;)

You should take a long hard look at yourself before sending more insults my way.

Now, if anyone actually wants a fix for Vista 64 (however this should also work for Vista 32, XP 32/64) all you need is these two commands:

SCHTASKS /CREATE /RU SYSTEM /SC ONSTART /TN "ESET Trial Reset (Startup)" /TR "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\reg.exe ADD \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\" /V PackageTag /T REG_DWORD /D 1431655765 /F"
SCHTASKS /CREATE /RU SYSTEM /SC DAILY /ST 12:00:00 /SD 01/01/2008 /TN "ESET Trial Reset (Daily)" /TR "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\reg.exe ADD \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\" /V PackageTag /T REG_DWORD /D 1431655765 /F"

Run them in an administrator Command Prompt (right-click Command Prompt - run as administrator).

This adds two items to Windows task scheduler. The first runs at system startup. The second runs every day at midday (for systems that hardly ever or never reboot - if you reboot every day or so you don't really need it). Every time the task runs it resets one registry value (the same value I already told you that everybody elses patch uses) which resets your trial to 31 days.

Make sure you're using the trial version - it should say "remaining trial period" on the status page.

To uninstall it, go to Windows task scheduler and delete the two "ESET Trial Reset" tasks.

I provide this only because Marsupilami's fix DOES NOT WORK on Vista 64. :)

And Marsupilami, you call me a "noob"... :P

Hi,All !

NEWS

Just to inform you :-

Box1FixManual, Box1 / Mara Auto-Fix , Box4Ever ("A" )-(manual), Box4ever ("B")-(manual) :All working !

Box4Ever ( "A" and "B") still on Testing mode until 12th April.

They all reset Eset Trial to 30 / 31 days.

Cheers

Jofre

Mine is WinXP Professional (32bits).

I can`t tell if they work on WinVista ( I mean, BLISTA )- I have Windows Ultimate but no intention to install right now... prefer to wait 1 year or so...( maybe 2 years ).

Hi I have a problem installing marsupilami fix, I got this error about my memory (RAM) not enough.

I have followed jofre instructions till installing the fix part.

I've attached the screen shot error here. And I'm running Vista x64 with 4G ram. Installed ESET NOD32 AV v3.0.642 Home Edition Trial.

1zew0b9.jpg

-----------------------------

zkk11 :

Probably it doesn`t work on x64 systems. If Marsupilami confirms this, then I suggest you to use Nodlogin : I could send you NodLogin for 64 bits (version 8.0 Final)

cheers

Jofre

----------------------------

You dont say which system you use (WinXP /WinVista, 32 /64 Bits )

Yes I received same message as you and then said installation was a success. What does it matter are the "30 days left",they must stay there when you click on "about" . If there is no count days down, then is OK. Check it day after day.

cheers

jofre

What windows are you using?

Why dont try nodlogin 8.0 final it works like charm. It automatcally acquires username and pass for you. It uses legitimate server update so no editting of regestry or alteration of Eset system is done so its safe

Escobarretje
since the release of sp1 for vista x64 ive had no more problems. by the way is there a fix for nod 3.0.645 64 bit

Hi All !!

After the test Box Fix Auto and Box Forever (AB) works fine in my Win XP Pro 32 bits and Vista Ultimate 32 bits with or without SP1.

Please, can someone PM me Marsupilami Fix for test?

Thanks

Hi All !!

After the test Box Fix Auto and Box Forever (AB) works fine in my Win XP Pro 32 bits and Vista Ultimate 32 bits with or without SP1.

Please, can someone PM me Marsupilami Fix for test?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argosy :

Glad to read you had success with BoxFixes on Systems 32 bits (XP and Vista Ultimate).

About Marsupilami Fix : I am going to send you the fix ,that works fine on 32 bits, but soon there will be a New One also done by marsupilami.

So keep your eyes on this forum if you wish to get THE NEW FIX..... ;) ..... :P..... :) ..... :)

Cheers

Jofre

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now just for outsiders (guests ?) : Register yourself and if you wish to try these new Fixes for ESET Nod Anti-Virus and ESET

Smart Security (Home or Business Editions) v. 3.0xxx, with full instructions , just PM to me (click on my Name , then on "

Send Message" and I will send you, according to your request, the right Fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Marsupilami Fix : I am going to send you the fix ,that works fine on 32 bits, but soon there will be a New One also done by marsupilami.

So keep your eyes on this forum if you wish to get THE NEW FIX..... ;) ..... :P..... :) ..... :)

Cheers

Jofre

Cheers

Jofre

I thought nsane said he's closing this site?

Well, this site is on another server, and hosted/modded by ex-nsaneproductions staff (mostly), and some new people, we all worked together to keep the site up and running :). Nsane himself is not so active atm so don't expect a fix too soon, especcially since there are other fixes out that work.

Hi all,

The "ESET Ultimate Topic" is back again, but without links.

Can we move to the new topic ?

Topic ID: 10962

Cheeriooos,

Kurrado

hi to all :)

i have a question: i'm trying nodlogin, but i have a problem. sometimes it gives me an username and a password that works, until a day, when nod makes the auto update, comes a popup saying invalid username and password, and i have to download a new username and password...

it is normal???

i also tried eset alternative update server, but at the first update it downloads three big updates. wat are?

Archived