Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

• Administrator

Actually, this isn't the first time I've cleaned my desktop. It has happened two times before. I also have the backup of that links into the folder. Guess what, I started using a slight higher resolution (again, two-three times in past, from 800 x 600 to 1024 x 824 to 1152 x 864, not to my liking though) to fit the icons. :lol:

I never cleaned it soo much in one time though, so that's a positive this time. :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DKT I like how you cleaned up, i cleaned mine up by turning off desktop shortcuts and installed rainmeter as much as i loved using it, it caused issues with my other hardware/software for some reason :| but i'm not too bothered lol

Whats you system spec and OS.. What sort of issues did you have when running it? and What skins.. or type of monitoring was used?

Changed the CDArt display skin and changed the wallpaper :dance2:

Posted Image

That is looking nice.. and clean.. :thumbsup: Minimal... very nice..

On a side note I think its time to upgrade the Nsane Wallpaper... and pull some of my old stuff.. Think I may start to work on it tonight.. one resolution fits all starting with 2560 x.. something.. LOL

That is looking nice.. and clean.. :thumbsup: Minimal... very nice..

On a side note I think its time to upgrade the Nsane Wallpaper... and pull some of my old stuff.. Think I may start to work on it tonight.. one resolution fits all starting with 2560 x.. something.. LOL

good idea bro ... make 2 versions if you could (dark and lite) :D

• Administrator

Nice na. :D

For all these years, I feared customization cause I found it either too hard or too much on my system or was too much different from the real desktop (DesktopX as an example).

This is just the right thing. ^_^

This is way much better D .... my eyes are not hurting lookin at it :lol:

BTW.. DesktopX.. you have got o be kidding me.. that thing has always been a POS.. really.. I think that technically as many programs will bury it in stability and resources... I tried it out for 5 minutes once.... and then it was shredded...

Besides that Windows Sidebar and its gadgets will do most of what it will and better...

• Administrator

BTW.. DesktopX.. you have got o be kidding me.. that thing has always been a POS.. really.. I think that technically as many programs will bury it in stability and resources... I tried it out for 5 minutes once.... and then it was shredded...

Besides that Windows Sidebar and its gadgets will do most of what it will and better...

I know DesktopX is POS, thats why I'm using it as an example. :P

Was bored and saw this topic during my daily pass-through. Figured I'd post my current desktop...

Posted Image

And yeah, it's XP, haven't had a reason to format and install Win7 yet :P

That is the Zune Style for XP isn't it...I used the hell out of that style for a long time on XP... Has like a bunch of color variations for the Start Button... Put it on a family members system.. but a mod of it... with the Vista Sidebar.. ( real one - using Alky ).. and a polished off clock and monitoring gadgets from TheHobbyLounge... that all matched the black.. been years ago though.. I also skinned the Sidebar.. but I don't remember what skin I used on it.. :thumbsup:

That is the Zune Style for XP isn't it...I used the hell out of that style for a long time on XP... Has like a bunch of color variations for the Start Button... Put it on a family members system.. but a mod of it... with the Vista Sidebar.. ( real one - using Alky ).. and a polished off clock and monitoring gadgets from TheHobbyLounge... that all matched the black.. been years ago though.. I also skinned the Sidebar.. but I don't remember what skin I used on it.. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's Royale Remixed theme with the Zune color scheme ;)

All... your IP's belong to us... OBEY...

Great looking desktop... I picked up a Rainmeter Config last night that I think will look good with my next one.. called Enjoyable..the default skins are in Pink and yellow.. but a modded skin will take care of it.. with a font change... Anyway yeah very clean.. Nice.. :thumbsup:

@DKT I like how you cleaned up, i cleaned mine up by turning off desktop shortcuts and installed rainmeter as much as i loved using it, it caused issues with my other hardware/software for some reason :| but i'm not too bothered lol

Whats you system spec and OS.. What sort of issues did you have when running it? and What skins.. or type of monitoring was used?

System Summary & Hardware Summary attatched :

I was using the gnometer skin and had the system info, iTunes bar, recycle bin and the the folders, as the rest is monitored by windows gadgets.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Hottwire

System Summary & Hardware Summary attatched :

I was using the gnometer skin and had the system info, iTunes bar, recycle bin and the the folders, as the rest is monitored by windows gadgets.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Hottwire

I knew the day would come when I asked this question..LOL

Whud id do? Exactly you said it created problems with Hardware and Software but like did it prevent software from working.. did it freeze your system..? I haven't opened the system specs yet.. but am about to.

All... your IP's belong to us... OBEY...

Great looking desktop... I picked up a Rainmeter Config last night that I think will look good with my next one.. called Enjoyable..the default skins are in Pink and yellow.. but a modded skin will take care of it.. with a font change... Anyway yeah very clean.. Nice.. :thumbsup:

Tnx , I think that I'm gonna stick with this one for a long time.

I found today by pure chance this skin : Arkan Tab

On left side of screen , that is all from that skin.

Guess I have to reboot for fonts to work but it's fine as it is.

Recycle bin is from Gnometer.

ToDo is TabMeterToDo.

Only thing I can't figure out is CPU temperature measure , it uses CoreTempPlugin.dll

Do I have to install some app in order for that to work ?

I was thinking about having some cool measure configs which use Speedfan , but I'm not in the mood right now installing Speedfan.

Yeah I am the same way about SpeedFan.. don't know why.. CoreTemp is plugin... you have to find.. I had it until it got picked up as a FP.. and removed.. I started to worry for while.. about it and two others... I would be careful though.. because some plugins can be VERY Buggy.. to the point you can start to have issues.. so sometimes it can be better to just steer clear.. after I had all of the problems with it I think I removed it.. I will give it a look and if you need them I can probably get them to you..

Edit I seen a version of Arkan Tab this week... Featured except it had been modded for the bottom of the screen ..

Archived