Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

LOL.. Love it.. have you figured out Conky yet?

I am stuck figuring out compiz :lol: ... what does Conky do?

Conky is like Rainmeter or Samurize for Linux..

This is a link of some examples of what I mean.. on dA .. http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/?qh=&section=&q=conky

I was working on this in my VB install.. ran into some issues and some more stuff I am not familiar with yet ..enough.. but it will come along I think.. one day.. LOL

Compiz is supposed to be pretty cool.. I think you have to have the system resources to handle it though.. I have seen screenshots.. pretty cool..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 180.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never knew this thread existed .....

good one ....

@heath28m

nice urban lookin desktop u got there ..... ;)

posting mine ....

its all black dark theme these days ....post-24436-024717400 1284371421_thumb.jp

explorer screen capture ....

post-24436-048116200 1284371589_thumb.jp

Conky is like Rainmeter or Samurize for Linux..

This is a link of some examples of what I mean.. on dA .. http://browse.devian...ection=&q=conky

I was working on this in my VB install.. ran into some issues and some more stuff I am not familiar with yet ..enough.. but it will come along I think.. one day.. LOL

Compiz is supposed to be pretty cool.. I think you have to have the system resources to handle it though.. I have seen screenshots.. pretty cool..

Thanks for the link bro ... I would check this out once I figure out what's going on with my Win7 box. The first apps I installed in Ubuntu are tor and polipo and what an experience it was ... took me 2 hours to have them up and running :lol: ... but it was fun :tooth:

Let's keep this thread alive folks!!!

here is mine from my laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate :tooth:

Posted Image

Very clean looking desktop. ^_^

The software I used and all mods are listed in detail on the links to the large versions on mine..

@Maj - I love that car.. LOL.. They actually have a real GT version now and an all electric version - THAT WORKS.. believe it or not!

Nice desktops..

The software I used and all mods are listed in detail on the links to the large versions on mine..

@Maj - I love that car.. LOL.. They actually have a real GT version now and an all electric version - THAT WORKS.. believe it or not!

Nice desktops..

yup the Mercedes SLS AMG by Brabus .

jet black with the tinge of fluorescent orange lines looks lethal ....

its one of the fastest supercars around ..

the electric version might be eco friendly but wouldnt give that performance ....

a ride in one of these would be awesome ... :)

yeah i saved ur links for the tweaks to play around with later in free time ... ;)

what software are used for these kind of desktops! thanx in advance! -peace ;)

hey floppy ,

check out the customization section at deviant art ..

you will find plenty of info and tips for tweaking ur settings .. docks , themes , launchers , rainmeter ... etc etc ....

;)

• 1 month later...

My Ubuntu 10.10 netbook edition (although this is not a netbook)

Posted Image

Can you run the netbook edition in VM? I was wondering because there are a few Netbook OSes I was going to take a look t when I had time in VB

Can you run the netbook edition in VM? I was wondering because there are a few Netbook OSes I was going to take a look t when I had time in VB

I have not tried, but maybe it can be done .... I have my ubuntu netbook installed via wubi ... it's now dual booting with my win 7 ultimate x64.

Is your system still using the Windows 7 Bootloader?

yeah using Daz's ...

Is your system still using the Windows 7 Bootloader?

yeah using Daz's ...
No what I meant was BootMGR.. or is it like grub or something?

@heath

it's now using 2 bootmanager ... one for windows and one for ubuntu ... so yes it still have and using bootmanagers.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Bit messy at the minute i try to keep 2 columns min on left and work on the right

God damn dkt27 , that is one crazy desktop :fear:

I have zero icons on my desktop , whoosh .. this one is making my eyes hurt :lol:

Archived