Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

SO.. fl0ppy.. How about those ICONS...

We can List View them... make them disappear... Put them in Rainmeter.. a Dock or something... :dunno: Forgive me for being so forward.. BUT you know.... :lmao:

BTW: Who would be interested in some Winter/Holiday Walls? I have collected a few...

Edited by heath28m

Okay but it may be later today... I will have do some searching as well.. for information... links so on.. I started collecting stuff in the fall.. and then into the winter... but I have some work to do tonight updating another machine ...

Okay but it may be later today... I will have do some searching as well.. for information... links so on.. I started collecting stuff in the fall.. and then into the winter... but I have some work to do tonight updating another machine ...

put me on the list for anything you got. ;)

Hey I wanted to say sorry.. I have been uber busy... I was going to do this started it and didn't have time... and I am one of those people who can't stand to leave something undone that I have to do.. Might have let you down fl0ppy.. and whomever else may have been looking for it... :mellow: but I am going to see if I can't come up with a few banners for New Years.. nice four or five day run for them.. Got some simple ideas that may look cool..

Now for Winter Walls I have some recommendations I can still work on .. and dA has been the main source of them.. but for the Holidays.. I kinda just went balls to the wall...flat-out.. of time.. LOL

Wishing everyone a stylish New Year 2011.. LOL :thumbsup:

Edited by heath28m

A few from my admin account on another system.. I cannot find away to change the Orb without changing it for everyone who uses a combinations of settings which disallow Styles and Proper theme use.. Like Aero Basic and a very high font size setting... Nor can I change the Explorer Bar either.. BUT the next step is to get working on the icons.. and finish up adding some necessary programs... The middle pic is a cover for the Screensaver I am using at the moment.. SimpleClock...and I have been creating a few with InstantStorm from some good Flash Resources.. First shot is with Omnimo Rainmeter running.. a few changes and quite a bit more customization to it coming as I have installed all of the packs and updates... ( seen several mods I like as well ) Third shot is of Winamp.. CD Art Display Skin.. in use.. and Explorer with two windows on Winroll from True Transparency.. Desktop Wall paper is a Concept Lamborghini and is a Fav of mine because of the gradients in the picture and high quality.. Come from a guy's site which I can direct you too if you want it.. Comes in Dark Blue as well..

Almost forgot this is the dark version .. I have another lighter theme for daytime use... or when needed.. similar to mine...

Edited by heath28m

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay so decided to show off my new minimal Fx4.. ( Appearance.. but does so much more .. LOL ) Two examples of websites.. added a script to remove scrollbars... and using keys for most other.. one or two minor bleeps and glitches.. but nothing major.. Took me long enough to just even move over to 4...

• 4 weeks later...
grouchysmurf

Well, here is my new rendering of a desktop.

Posted Link

Edit: I wanted to add that the OS is winxp pro. I used a couple of different

"free" programs to customize the desktop and the icons and the pointer.

I know that there are "all-in-one" programs that will do this, but typically those

have to stay loaded on your system and I found that they slowed down my boot sequence

so I opted for a more "component" approach.

Edited by grouchysmurf

This is a Preview of something at this point.. for a desktop..with Rainmeter.. Elementary Config ( Also comes with Uptime Config ).. Background is currently sitting on a 1280 x 800 desktop Image size is 2560 x 1620 and rings in at 3 MB.. still workin gon it and looking your input.. and feedback on the wallpaper..

Edited by HX1

• Administrator

Windows 8 logon screen inspired? :)

The icons (what to call them?) don't seem on place....

You know actually I could also create an Omnimo Skin that would make them active.. They are actually just images... and IMH.. I thought they would stand for updates, forums, software... news maybe in that somewhere... still haven't finalized it yet though.. The Omnimo skins could actually take you there..

Edited by HX1

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mention how HAWT my Opera Browser was getting lately? .. with a CoCo skin I found there are like two.. and a few extensions... ( I had to show somebody.. LOL )

Edited by HX1

To be honest I a have been doing a minimal appearance for years.. tweaking various areas.. and REALLY IMO.. I think that what I am going for is quite a bit different..minimal.. true... but its the small things that are possibly a step farther... Though I will say some aspects grasped about the design cue itself do and can fit well.. but yeah.. not all that of which is minimal is Windows 8... :P You would have to use my computer to see what I mean... ( and view my partially finished website )

You can really see this foreshadowed long before Windows 8 was on the scene..

Still, since Microsoft adopted it, and it will constitute a historical jump in their GUIs, it will be known to many as "that Windows 8 look" :P

^It annoys me that she's so collected and calm. Somebody give her a push, I want to see her fall :innocent:

PS: It's a beautiful desktop. Looks functional and informative, too. I'm sure many would love a mini-tutorial on how to achieve it :P

Tutorial.. :P ' How to ' .. uhmmm. .. :rofl: Sorry.. but it starts to make me go crazy after awhile.. 'How to.. hhhmmm... uuhhhmm :think: ... Tuts for EVERYTHING.. LOL

Looking good.. thought I would add this.. I fought with the Omnimo setup all day yesterday this was the first solution I came up with.. pretty much textbook version of the configs.. still working on a few things though.. One thing being redundancy and readily available usage... I did switch out the Pictures Panel for the Bing Panel for the screen shot.. Have several backgrounds that work well with it... still trying to do something different with the layout.. but I dunno.. really spending too much time with it.. but if your not using all the 'mainstream appliances' so to speak you have to go custom anyway even to have a working mail meter.. Main thing killing me though with Omnimo would be the redundancy and useful factor.. when I take and use the already more efficient methods.. it kills so much that there isn't much left.. SO minimal version or something.. but you probably won't see it..

Edited by HX1