Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

I know it looks bad. :P

Holy frijole, DKT27, that is an understatement! :o Where _is_ your desktop? :lol: And I see you don't believe in hiding system tray icons. Holy frijole.

• Administrator

I know it looks bad. :P

Holy frijole, DKT27, that is an understatement! :o Where _is_ your desktop? :lol: And I see you don't believe in hiding system tray icons. Holy frijole.

How about this :) (click to open):

Posted Image

Just moved all those files into folders. Desktop is my bookmarks place. Also, don't get enough time to sort it. ^_^

I like to keep monitoring the tray. Have a bad internet connection so have to keep an eye. :)

DK.. man.. me and you are about to have a long talk.. not only I am a minimalist.. but you know that little weird tick about efficiency and so on.. yeah.. thats not efficient.. even with your fences minimalized.. You need to address every item on that desktop.. organized.. and/or deleted.. and put away in the proper place.. I have expect post-its on the screen next.. ( on a freakin' computer.. )

Not only that but if you have to redact that much on your screen ... what are people present going to see.. or are you going to redact brain matter next.. :lmao:

EDIT: Thats a little better not quite there.. and sweeping the dirt under the rug.. is no way to get there.. :blink:

Edited by heath28m

• Administrator

DK.. man.. me and you are about to have a long talk.. not only I am a minimalist.. but you know that little weird tick about efficiency and so on.. yeah.. thats not efficient.. even with your fences minimalized.. You need to address every item on that desktop.. organized.. and/or deleted.. and put away in the proper place.. I have expect post-its on the screen next.. ( on a freakin' computer.. )

Not only that but if you have to redact that much on your screen ... what are people present going to see.. or are you going to redact brain matter next.. :lmao:

EDIT: Thats a little better not quite there.. and sweeping the dirt under the rug.. is no way to get there.. :blink:

You should have seen it pre-fences. :lol:

This dirt is after some cleanup. :whistle:

EDIT: All those things you see are important things I use daily.

Yeah .. you know a level 5 hoarder could say the same thing... :) You know what I am thinking right about now.. don't you.. and trust me I have a huge collection of bookmarks.. which get changed and cleaned out often.. so I do know... You could even put them in one html file.. for export and import.... I am could go on and on..

• Administrator

Yeah .. you know a level 5 hoarder could say the same thing... :) You know what I am thinking right about now.. don't you.. and trust me I have a huge collection of bookmarks.. which get changed and cleaned out often.. so I do know... You could even put them in one html file.. for export and import.... I am could go on and on..

Exactly. :)

Well, I have real bad memory, so I need to see things properly. Thats why these url shortcuts are really needed. And about 5-10 of those links are for the time I open Ubuntu in VB. About 5 of them would go when I'll be completing the game I'm currently playing. In mean time more will come. And goes on (as you said). :D

I think you should at least get a grasp of Rainmeter.. for your desktop.. a nice suite that will cover all of the bases and look cool too... major upgrade over Fences...

There are so many options though...

How about this :)

I like to keep monitoring the tray. Have a bad internet connection so have to keep an eye. :)

Much better now! Wow, you actually do have a desktop after all. :)

You could just keep your network related icons showing in the system tray notification area and hide many of the others. For example, do you always have to see the icon for Windows Action Center? :nono:

• Administrator

Well, have hidden some trays. :)

@heath28m: I've installed Rainmeter 2 times but never got hold of it. Maybe you can help me with it. I don't like black, maybe it has ability to change the color also?

mine.....simple as f**k, and messy as f**k...had to use a capture screen app cause I spilled juice on my keyboard and esc through f12 and ~ through = ain't working anymore...then there's my laziness to go out and buy a new keyboard...so deal with it

Posted Image

DKT and Marik ... desktop f%ck3rzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! :rofl:

here's mine currently (another sleepless night or should I say morning for me)

Posted Image

DKT and Marik ... desktop f%ck3rzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!   :rofl:

here's mine currently (another sleepless night or should I say morning for me)

what did you use to get that look? :)

Well, have hidden some trays. :)

@heath28m: I've installed Rainmeter 2 times but never got hold of it. Maybe you can help me with it. I don't like black, maybe it has ability to change the color also?

Well.. the color of things is simple to change... Sometimes there may be a few images to send through CS5 for color change or alteration..I have a 145 MB size library of skins and configurations that I think are good.. some have a few mods and some have been put in for editing later..

Rainmeter uses some fairly simple elements to change colors and typefaces and its right in the INI file or Edit option in Rainmeter... First off you need the most recent version which is 1.3.. Next I will give you this link for some simple to start with... http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3438 The config is called Sectors and you can see it pictured in the thread... Don't worry about the weather config in this.. its configured for Australia.. and I have yet to be able to find a site for global weather that works with this one in particular.. Regardless this config is simple.. ( on the side of what you will be altering )

What I was referring to... was as far as getting links and a configuration that will cover ALL of your needs though which will take some time..

I think I may upload my library or collection... but it will take awhile to upload at 320 kbps..LOL but anyway get this one first and open it up.. read through the config and see if you can understand some of the notations.. Main thing with rainmeter.. id to look for color codes and types face... numbers pertaining to and hardware notation...drive letter and locations... most of this stuff is per system..

You could also find a custom Style to apply after patching with VistaGlazz too if your really looking to modd it to your liking.. and the color of your configs.. is going to relate to what back ground you have and where you place certain things.. so sometimes it can be in your layout... once your finished you can save it as a theme...

Marik.. that is scary.. BUT I know about your hardware

LOL.. this is my fun thread.. all about modding.. LOL

Edited by heath28m

• Administrator

I messed it up right away. Any way to bring back the default settings?

• Administrator

What part did you mess-up? LOL.. the config.. or Ranmeter? or what...

Ah well. NP. Load another theme. I think I'll try Rainmeter later. I'm understanding some of it.

Rainmeter is just installing themes.. :P Don't mess with it yourself.

Look at the pro desktop! :

(Picture changes every 5 min :) )

Posted Image

(This is how I want it to look.. emty, 10 min ago.. it was full of School Notes, download files etc..I was having the Marik&DKT virus :P )

mine.....simple as f**k, and messy as f**k...had to use a capture screen app cause I spilled juice on my keyboard and esc through f12 and ~ through = ain't working anymore...then there's my laziness to go out and buy a new keyboard...so deal with it

You sure it was juice? :lol:

And why the classic theme? The normal theme is also simple as hell!

No buts..change it !!!! :angry:

LOL.. don't say.. VIRAL.. hmm.. LOL

There are quite a few tutorials at the Rainmeter site for making your own and editing... part of what the program is about anyway... Give it time and you won't be worried about altering skins...

Lots of Themes Skins and Configs on Deviantart.com and Customize.org.. have to watch out for theme and packages which are submitted containing alterations of regular skins.. that are not from the original author... better to start from the original and work you way out..

Edited by heath28m