"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

50 minutes ago, leech99 said:

but i dont have any  external harddrive to backup other partitions like D,E,F,G .so i cant delete entire volume into single one. so only am confused too.i have data on other partition drives d,e,f,g.

That was just my scenario, as an example. :)

In your case, it is possible to delete selective partition/s with Acronis Disk director (Advanced.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In your case, it is possible to can delete selective partition/s with Acronis Disk director (Advanced.)

am not used to acronis disk director ..my question is can i delete oem recovery partition and diagnostic partition while clean install.

20 minutes ago, kmr1684 said:

hello dcs18, i do not know what's wrong with my outpost firewall  and even idm now, idm uses ielowutil.exe for all the communication even for downloading form internet.

kmr1684,

IDM does not use ielowutil.exe on even one of the hundreds of different kinds of computers which I administer to.

The file ielowutil.exe is a component that belongs to Internet Explorer — not to, IDM:—

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ielowutil.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ielowutil.exe

2 minutes ago, leech99 said:
11 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In your case, it is possible to can delete selective partition/s with Acronis Disk director (Advanced.)

am not used to acronis disk director ..my question is can i delete oem recovery partition and diagnostic partition while clean install.

It's better not to take the risk if you are not conversant with the logic.

15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

ok .what logic you talking about may be deleting oem partition i think so or anyothers.

Just now, leech99 said:
15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

ok .what logic you talking about may be deleting oem partition i think so or anyothers.

Correct, deleting partition/s is fine when you have an intention of performing a format — you will need to have a working knowledge on how Acronis (or, for that matter even Windows) behaves, WRT to your MBR, Recovery, MSR, local volumes, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, leech99 said:

K.I 'll try to get more knowledge on all this things u mentioned above.

You must backup your recovery partition in case you want to go back to Win 8. There is a file with a .wim extension having size more than 4 gb. It is basically the recovery partition. Also for Win 8/8.1 there is a separate recovery partition while on win 10 the recovery files are in C drive. Share a screen shot of disk management if possible.

Will share further info after see your partition structure. Also are you using mbr or gpt

12 hours ago, Ghazi said:

You must backup your recovery partition in case you want to go back to Win 8. There is a file with a .wim extension having size more than 4 gb. It is basically the recovery partition. Also for Win 8/8.1 there is a separate recovery partition while on win 10 the recovery files are in C drive. Share a screen shot of disk management if possible.

Will share further info after see your partition structure. Also are you using mbr or gpt

now am on win 8.1 gpt partition  .already backup win 8.1 recovery partition.now i want clean install to win 10. i attached my disk mgmt img. looking for .hope u read above my issues

disk mgmt.jpg

@leech99 What is the brand name of your laptop. Which version of win 8.1 you are running??

You need to make a bootable usb to backup some files. I usually use a Linux distribution like Ubuntu as it supports Efi and gpt. Hieren's boot cd does not recognize GPT. The rest is pretty simple.

1. Make a bootable usb which supports efi and gpt. You need it to get some files which are boot.sdi, winre.wim and ReAgent.xml.

You will need these files to make a recovery partition work when you return to Win 8.

2. Do not delete the recovery partition at the end of the drive.

3. After backup of the above mentioned files you can do a clean install of Win 10

4. As a further precaution you can use Acronis to backup the first four partitions (highlighted yellow). This will restore your computer to its last working state as before.

32.jpg

2 hours ago, Ghazi said:

@leech99 What is the brand name of your laptop.

On 12/15/2015 at 2:45 PM, leech99 said:

i want to clean install dell laptop to windows 10.

It is now Lucky Patcher 5.8.9 — (direct download.)

Changelog:—

- Some custom patches updated;

- Proxy Server for Google Play reworked(need reapply);

- Translations updated;

- Bugs fixed.

5 hours ago, Ghazi said:

@leech99 What is the brand name of your laptop. Which version of win 8.1 you are running??

You need to make a bootable usb to backup some files. I usually use a Linux distribution like Ubuntu as it supports Efi and gpt. Hieren's boot cd does not recognize GPT. The rest is pretty simple.

1. Make a bootable usb which supports efi and gpt. You need it to get some files which are boot.sdi, winre.wim and ReAgent.xml.

You will need these files to make a recovery partition work when you return to Win 8.

2. Do not delete the recovery partition at the end of the drive.

3. After backup of the above mentioned files you can do a clean install of Win 10

4. As a further precaution you can use Acronis to backup the first four partitions (highlighted yellow). This will restore your computer to its last working state as before.

32.jpg

dell laptop wit win 8.1 OEM home single language . i backup whole partition what u mentioned before itself but backup in same laptop thats the problem. i dont have external harddrive so backup in same laptop.

@leech99 What is the time you get online. Tell time in Indian standard time.

What are your expectations.

1. Are you going to use the upgrade or a clean install of Win 10. Which version of Win 10 are you going to install.

2. Have you used recovery before or a clean install of win 8.1 from start on this laptop. clarify if any other option.

3. Is the Win 8.1 key on the back side of laptop (retail key) or is its embedded in UEFI.

4. Will you be ok if the current win 8.1 cannot be resurrected to its original form. 

5. For a backup I would recommend an external drive or a cheap alternative is to buy an old pata or sata (40 gb or more)    HDD + a converter PATA/SATA to usb.

6. Do you have a 8 GB usb. If not buy one. Download Win 8.1 single language esd and decrypt it and make a bootable usb. This is your insurance policy

Here is link for US English Single language

http://vg.dl.ws.microsoft.com/dl/content/c/updt/2015/01/9600.17053.winblue_refresh.141120-0031_x64fre_client_coresinglelanguage_en-us-ir5_csla_x64frer_en-us_esd_e917848838d7d8111c93dd7b1d78ae8d047b9bcf.esd

13 hours ago, Ghazi said:

@leech99 What is the time you get online. Tell time in Indian standard time.

What are your expectations.

1. Are you going to use the upgrade or a clean install of Win 10. Which version of Win 10 are you going to install.

2. Have you used recovery before or a clean install of win 8.1 from start on this laptop. clarify if any other option.

3. Is the Win 8.1 key on the back side of laptop (retail key) or is its embedded in UEFI.

4. Will you be ok if the current win 8.1 cannot be resurrected to its original form. 

5. For a backup I would recommend an external drive or a cheap alternative is to buy an old pata or sata (40 gb or more)    HDD + a converter PATA/SATA to usb.

6. Do you have a 8 GB usb. If not buy one. Download Win 8.1 single language esd and decrypt it and make a bootable usb. This is your insurance policy

Here is link for US English Single language

http://vg.dl.ws.microsoft.com/dl/content/c/updt/2015/01/9600.17053.winblue_refresh.141120-0031_x64fre_client_coresinglelanguage_en-us-ir5_csla_x64frer_en-us_esd_e917848838d7d8111c93dd7b1d78ae8d047b9bcf.esd

1.am going to clean install  to win 10 home single language .

2.its oem win 8.1 laptop default but i used win 8.1 recovery now because of booting error into windows but now am safe on win 8.1 single lang want to clean install.

3. uefi bios key

4. am ok on that if am not able to go into original state to win 8.1

5.for external hardrive i ll consider later due to budget.

6.im have 8gb flash drive.i have win 8.1 single lang iso on flashdrive.so no problem on bootable iso.

6.30 p.m i ll be online sure. sometimes morning 10.00 am i ll b online too.surely i ll check post on morning and night before 9.

Xposed Framework (Official) V79 (and Installer V3.0 alpha 4) for Lollipop / Marshmallow (5.x / 6.x) are just out.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived