"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

What exactly was the conflict? Wl2LIwk.gif

1. The australis UI was getting restored by itself (not just after update) randomly which resets all my setting and preferences back to default.
That is easily overcome:
("extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctrreset", false)
Yeah, easy for them them who knows. Now it's easy for me too. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:
Even as I type this, I have 692 such documented about:config tweaks. :showoff:
HMOG! I will ask them when I get my windows back.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The australis UI was getting restored by itself (not just after update) randomly which resets all my setting and preferences back to default.
That is easily overcome:
Yeah, easy for them them who knows. Now it's easy for me too. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I will have crossed 700 tweaks, by then — it is a continuous work-in-progress. ^_^

what the hell is happening to mtnl :fear:

xxx sites blocked as well

This site has been blocked as per the instructions of Competent Authority 

Try the following Google DNS:—

what the hell is happening to mtnl :fear:

xxx sites blocked as well

This site has been blocked as per the instructions of Competent Authority 
Try the following Google DNS:

Let's :fap: together :naughty:

I still get IDM fake serial nag screen. I already used Registry trash finder but i could find file > switch to 32 bit.

Please help me to resolve this case

post-49312-0-20357500-1438483321_thumb.p

I still get IDM fake serial nag screen. I already used Registry trash finder but i could find file > switch to 32 bit.

Please help me to resolve this case

are you using 32 bit windows? maybe that's why there is no switch option.

also if u using 32 bit windows and you didnt create the FW rules but imported from the OP, it wont work bcoz they r for 64bit.

uninstall IDM and FW rules if you have any, do a clean up using tools provided in OP.

Reboot system.

Install IDM but do not register and do not create FW rules, reboot system.

after this step tell whether u still recieve fake serial....

then we will proceed further.

Yes im using 32 bit windows 8.1 pro.

Im using wfc and create rules manually, when i run idm cleaner, it show me error like on attach below.

post-49312-0-70303300-1438488048_thumb.p

<snip> I blocked IDM using native windows 8.1 pro firewall. <snip>

Im using wfc and create rules manually <snip>

Can you outline the steps you take to create your IDM rules — please post the procedure, in detail.

That is easily overcome:

Hopefully, I will have crossed 700 tweaks, by then — it is a continuous work-in-progress. ^_^

Crossed the 700 mark — in fact, I am at 720.

That is easily overcome:

Hopefully, I will have crossed 700 tweaks, by then it is a continuous work-in-progress. ^_^
Crossed the 700 mark in fact, I am at 720.
You should rather call your Firefox as "TwikFox" or if it's a Nightly then "Twikly".

<snip> I blocked IDM using native windows 8.1 pro firewall. <snip>

Im using wfc and create rules manually <snip>

Can you outline the steps you take to create your IDM rules — please post the procedure, in detail.

1st i'm using native w8 pro firewall. And its working. After I changed to wfc, i get idm fake serial nag screen. I deleted windows 8 firewall configuration, then i changed to wfc. And create rules based on 1st page (configuration for wfc). i get nag screen after i deleted windows 8 firewal configuration.

1st i'm using native w8 pro firewall. And its working. After I changed to wfc, i get idm fake serial nag screen. I deleted windows 8 firewall configuration, then i changed to wfc. And create rules based on 1st page (configuration for wfc). i get nag screen after i deleted windows 8 firewal configuration.

So if I got it right, with Windows firewall IDm stays registered but with WFC there is nag screen, ryt?

While creating WFC rules, did u manually create the rules or imported them from the OP?

Yes bro.

I create it manually.

Yes bro.

I create it manually.

Plz follow this post #3207 and reply what happens...

Yes bro.

I create it manually.

Plz follow this post #3207 and reply what happens...

I still get nag screen fake serial bro. :(

uninstall IDM and FW rules if you have any, do a clean up using tools provided in OP.

Reboot system.

Install IDM but do not register and do not create FW rules, reboot system.

after this step tell whether u still recieve fake serial....

then we will proceed further.

I still get nag screen fake serial bro. :(

So even if without registering the product, u get fake serial that means there are remains from your previous installations.

I don't know, i already deleted idm completely & used idm cleaner (run as admin) on 1st page. Whats wrong with my idm? Does idm cleaner on 1st page for 64 bit machine? or universal?

I don't know, i already deleted idm completely & used idm cleaner (run as admin) on 1st page. Whats wrong with my idm? Does idm cleaner on 1st page for 64 bit machine? or universal?

It's universal ;)

ok did you follow this procedure for uninstalling?

1- uninstall using Control Panel chosing Full/complete uninstall when given the option.Reboot

2- use the cleaner tools provided and reboot.

3- search for the Visual Protect Ket 3.5+ , if found del and reboot otherwise skip this step.

4- install IDM, do not create FW rules or register it.

5- at this moment when u open the IDM GUI, it shud not say fake serial registered.

6- if that(5) is the case, create FW rules. u cud also import them for OP(32bit now available)

7- proceed with registering ur product.

8- it shud register successfully, reboot to be sure.

9- when checking for update, it shud show can't connect to internetdownloadmanager.com .....

- make sure all the IPs are added.

- That the IPs are added to the remote section and not the local section.

- that u r not using any other pseudo firewall with a Antivrus software or a Security suite with inbuilt FW that may be overpowering the WFC.

- try registering with another serial and twice or thrice if registration failed the first time.

- if all the above fails, try this method with the native Windows Firewall again, if with the native Firewall everything is OK, maybe ur WFC configuration is not right.

So far so good. I just checked no nag screen fake serial. After deleted [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DownloadManager] & [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Internet Download Manager] , reboot, then install idm again. Idm cleaner on 1st page can't delete them. My idm still in trial mode btw.

I'm sure dcs18 wud re check it...but the cleaner always has worked for me.....

Now that fake serial nag is no more there....proceed with creating the FW rules and then registering your IDM :)

But that cleaner can not delete above registry code in my pc (windows 8.1 pro 32 bit)

Will do it bro. Thanks for help & guide me. :)

Btw, how to import wfc rules?

Btw, how to import wfc rules?

open the manage rules window in the WFC gui.

right click anywhere and chose 'Policies' and from then import rules from file

browse the file and then OK. :D

WFC can not find imported file.(wpw file) I place it on desktop. Why?

WFC can not find imported file.(wpw file) I place it on desktop. Why?

It shud find it without any problems, try changing the location, if that doesn't work try renaming the rules file and then try to import.

Finally i can import it. File name is IDM Rules (32-bit.)wpw not IDM Rules (32-bit).wpw , please edit file name on 1st page. :D

Finally i can import it. File name is IDM Rules (32-bit.)wpw not IDM Rules (32-bit).wpw , please edit file name on 1st page. :D

thanx for the report...so finally have u got a registered IDM with WFC? :naughty:

Yes bro..thank you..again. :lol:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived