"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Suffice it to know that uMatrix, Nightly, Greenify, etc., etc., are meant not for everyone, these are princely apps. & programs.

Dbruyhi.png

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dcs18 said:

Latest one — always beta! ^_^

Now I know, went ahead with webext in the meanwhile, immediately noticed a bug but that is probably because webext is still a baby. :P

Gonna try it on beta now.

ATM, none of the entrants (into WebExtension) are worth using as a daily driver.

@dcs18 It didn't work out . :(

And like I told you I got a new idea from your configuration(not for this case but the overall scenario).

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

LoL, what didn't work out?

The configuration was not able to deal with nuisance.

I'm on your configuration right now, tell me if you wanna teamview.

Sure, but how about sharing some screenshots of the sites where uMatrix seems to have been unable to deal with whatever nuisance.

Just now, dcs18 said:

Sure, but how about sharing some screenshots of the sites where uMatrix seems to have been unable to deal with whatever nuisance.

It's a popup, so I'm not really sure how to grab that.

Site is PSArips.com

I thought you got the idea already

Just now, dcs18 said:

Pop-ups are left for AdBlock Plus / uBlock to deal with.

But we were discussing standalone all this while.

That's right — if uMatrix has the ability to deal with all sorts of elements, it ceases to become a standalone . . . . right?

Remember what we discussed for uBlock to become the king of ad. blockers, it needs to be divested of it's element hiding capabilities — like AdBlock Plus which does not hide element but uses a companion element-hider?

What trouble?

Let's do this . . . . . how about you TeamView my system right away and just (at random) try browsing any . . . . . . . . . I mean ANY site without even letting me know beforehand?

You can try even the most prostituted and sites on the internet highway. ^_^

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

What trouble?

Let's do this . . . . . how about you TeamView my system right away and just (at random) try browsing any . . . . . . . . . I mean ANY site without even letting me know beforehand?

You can try even the most prostituted and sites on the internet highway. ^_^

Ok.

Undertaker, do provide feedback on my uMatrix setup (whenever you find the time.)

30 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Undertaker, do provide feedback on my uMatrix setup (whenever you find the time.)

I will not lie, I didn't expected uBlock and uMatrix to do that good in my testing.

The uMatrix config was set in such a way, that you can visit unknown websites without tinkering too much on your setup (and that is true for both the block and allow side).

The default deny and allow only whitelisted is the way forward in today's times and uMatrix excels at providing that.

Couple that with an adblocker of your choice and you have a mighty setup there.

Like always, learnt something new from @dcs18 setup. :thumbsup:

In the true spirit of learning, have decided to try Adguard (with uMatrix + AdBlock Plus / uBlock completely removed.) B)

13 hours ago, 0bin said:
14 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Could you do a video review of your setup against malware domains, ads domains, or other?

If you're interested in my uMatrix + uBlock setup, do let me know — it's required to be used as a combination, though.

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Present Security Setup (in alphabetical order):—

• Adguard

3 years in the making  :tooth:

Finally, got you testing it, even if it doesn't make your security setup permanently.

At my end, Adguard has . . . . . . . . almost replaced my uMatrix + uBlock + DNSCrypt combination. ^_^

However, tonight it (at least, partially) would get deployed to a select few (youngsters) for beta-testing — a lot would depend on the outcome from that testing. :mellow:

On 6/15/2017 at 3:58 PM, Undertaker said:

" Preventing IDM From Dialing Home "

(By routing IDM traffic through Adguard)

Hide contents

https://i.imgur.com/tIrPhuV.png

Just want you to know that IDM is not detected through the Add Application — one has to essentially use the Browse for executable... option. ;)

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived