"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Dukun Cabul

@sledge101

AWESOME !

Recommendation: Better uses 1 (one)  reg root to simplify the script and not to make you headache :P

Spoiler

set ROOT=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID
) else (
set ROOT=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID

Forget HKCR ..... use only HKCU

Space

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, sledge101 said:

Generic IDM Batch Script 2017

The OP and credits duly updated (your tutorial has been promoted to the very top of the first post — right on the Notice.) F3h9xqz.gif

On 7/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, tomm said:

After a week of testing, I think it's time for a small update on ESET blocking guide. Neater guide, put sections of the guide in Spoiler).

Added how to download IDM installers & updates via official site site's IP address (credit to @Undertaker for telling me to find out this).

Even there's one empty CLSID key, it doesn't effect my activation.

this method would IDM integration module being blocked ? I'm using Chrome and IDM module greyed out. Just testing...

Undertaker
19 minutes ago, sirri said:

this method would IDM integration module being blocked ? I'm using Chrome and IDM module greyed out. Just testing...

Theoretically, it should not. But Chrome and IDM always have had a history. :P

What you can do is first try to integrate IDM addon again in Chrome.

If that fails, I would do a setup install over and above the existing install of Chrome and then IDM.

That should solve your problems.

Hope you are using latest versions of both Chrome as well as IDM.

15 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Theoretically, it should not. But Chrome and IDM always have had a history. :P

What you can do is first try to integrate IDM addon again in Chrome.

If that fails, I would do a setup install over and above the existing install of Chrome and then IDM.

You are correct. Thats funny. Just into Downloads > Options > General > Uncheck Chrome then Check again. it works :lol:

yes @sirri  uncheck and check fixes it. In some circumstances, there is also a time that download icon in videos are not seen even with chrome checked.  All you have to do is uncheck the idm extension module in chrome and close chrome , close idm from task.  Re open IDM without administrator previleges from desktop and check again idm extension module in chrome. This fixes at my end.

2 hours ago, sledge101 said:

yes @sirri  uncheck and check fixes it. In some circumstances, there is also a time that download icon in videos are not seen even with chrome checked.  All you have to do is uncheck the idm extension module in chrome and close chrome , close idm from task.  Re open IDM without administrator previleges from desktop and check again idm extension module in chrome. This fixes at my end.

weird Chrome. Sometime it also wont get URL PDF downloads. Its bugs that should be fixed all the times.. :lol: 

Another fix is to start IDM before starting Firefox — don't know about Chrome but, this works most of the times with the latest stable Firefox build (never with the Nightlies, though.)

Tonec have kept themselves busy on protecting (or rather attempting to thwart) Users of the firewall method, instead of concentrating on enhancing their integration issue with the e10s.

The pressure is now, truly on Tonec. :mellow:

1 hour ago, sirri said:

weird Chrome. Sometime it also wont get URL PDF downloads. Its bugs that should be fixed all the times.. :lol: 

hmmm  :mellow:mines fine here, using chrome ;)

Dukun Cabul

I'm testing Kaspersky Internet Security firewall ... (Internet Lock already uninstalled)

I have no idea why my IDM is still activated and not showing fake serial notification :D

please let me know what should I do to confirm that KIS firewall is really working

Undertaker
6 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

please let me know what should I do to confirm that KIS firewall is really working

The best way to check whether your method, whatever it is, is to let IDM connect to its activation servers once.

Disable Security > IDM connect to its servers > fake serial

If fake serial is not shown even after disabling security > then something else is protecting your activation and you need to disable that too.

When you receive fake serial > with other security programs disabled > try registering with the help of your KIS setup only.

If it succeeds in activating and retaining it even after downloads, modifying download URLs(as shown in pages before), after restarting IDM and PC.

Then you can be sure your setup is working :D

Dukun Cabul
20 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

The best way to check whether your method, whatever it is, is to let IDM connect to its activation servers once.

Disable Security > IDM connect to its servers > fake serial

If fake serial is not shown even after disabling security > then something else is protecting your activation and you need to disable that too.

When you receive fake serial > with other security programs disabled > try registering with the help of your KIS setup only.

If it succeeds in activating and retaining it even after downloads, modifying download URLs(as shown in pages before), after restarting IDM and PC.

Then you can be sure your setup is working :D

Done!

I did everything you've said .....

1. Deactivate KIS firewall for IDM

2. Disable protection (KIS)

3. Connect to IDM server .... got fake serial notification (hooray !)

4. Activate protection (KIS)

5. Activate firewall for IDM

6. Run IDM_AIO_2017.bat

7. Run IDM quick update .... blocked

8. Visit IDM home page .... blocked

9. Visit Tonec home page ... blocked

10. Download multiple files ...... success , no issue

11. Accessing/download from following URLs ......... blocked

http://50.97.82.44/idman628build15.exe
http://50.97.82.44/commerce/2odlksMSLPFNW84503ksu99vnwud/idman628build15f.exe
http://50.97.82.44/updates/dfghrtv3465773FRJD843dedhx250dlAsb/idmupdt.exe

12. Turn off/on IDM ..... no issue

13. Restart PC ...... no issue

14. Turn Off/On PC .... no issue

15. Launch IDM on startup ..... no issue

Any other test ?

Undertaker
2 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

6. Run IDM_AIO_2017.bat

Isn't this a protective step in itself?

So, you are protecting it at two levels then? :think:

What happens if this step 6 is skipped and rest of the procedure is followed?

Dukun Cabul
29 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Isn't this a protective step in itself?

So, you are protecting it at two levels then? :think:

What happens if this step 6 is skipped and rest of the procedure is followed?

Nope .... it's only a cleaner and registration tool, no protection script .... you may check inside the script

Result

if your using the aio 2017 batch file with no activation fix...

then block using kis.   

to check if firewall block is working, can you re open back idm and download something. close and reopen again several times? or better restart pc and download again...

- use idmupdate from site or the retail...  setup as a test file. just a suggestion.

if no fake serial is introduced, while your firewall is enabled in kaspersky then its working.  7,8,9  when downloading something from idm   and unable to show page means YOUR OK>

however, if you are received it after a while then not working.  Createas those random keys response from server even when cleaned will recurred back for a while upon re-opening idm or downloading something

Whether a firewall is able to retain activation boils down purely to its anti-DNS spoofing and ARP cache poisoning capabilities — this is the only reason behind the success of COMODO (did wonder in the past, whether Kaspersky, too — possessed this capability.)

Had called for feedback from all firewall Users — unfortunately, did not receive any response. However, it's not too late — people can still come forward to testify . . . . . . . just whether their particular brand is able to retain IDM activation (purely on IP blocking,) or not.

@dcs18,  yes as i have tested it in windows firewall alone all methods and unfortunately it still bypass, it will work for a awhle but once you restart it or download something is still bypass and re create those clsid keys.

Dukun Cabul

For Kaspersky lovers, try this configuration:

Spoiler

Configuration.jpg

then run IDM_AIO.bat and performs empty CLSID key check

If it doesn't work, then ...... kill me :D

Undertaker

@Dukun Cabul But why are you blocking it at system level and not at application level? It's what is preferred. Comodo blocks it successfully at IDM level. :sneaky:

Dukun Cabul
1 minute ago, Undertaker said:

@Dukun Cabul But why are you blocking it at system level and not at application level? It's what is preferred. Comodo blocks it successfully at IDM level. :sneaky:

Coz, that's the only ways so far with Kaspersky :D

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived