"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe have another new IP calling home .

After having audited my IDM over a reasonable period of time, can state quite safely that there is no new IP to which IDM has been calling home.

thunderpants

There seems to be a neverending battle going on here between Idm devs and nsane members :)

Hello .

Today my IDM 6.23 build 12 , with kaspersky firewall blocking method show the fake serial screen .

I dont know why ?

No found Visual Protect 3.5+ key

Before some minutes i discover what happened .

My little brother can not log in to Facebook .

Facebook blocked the log in and ask my bro to download and make a scan with "Trend Micro HouseCall" [ Trendmicro_T10153112583519582T_.exe ]

My bro did it , make the scan ( facebook wrote : found 3x BREX_SAL_RANK says ) [ i have kaspersky internet security 15.0.2.361c and malwarebytes anti-malware 2.1.0.1057 all paid ] .

After this "scan" have the "fake serial screen"

Thats all

Just a heads-up of what to expect from the impending Process Lasso release — check out the changelog of the present Beta:—

Process Lasso 8.5.0.5 Beta Changelog:

• We have heard sporadic reports of licensing issues in this beta. If your license is lost, simply reactivate, and be *sure* to apply proper case to your license code. If activation continues to fail, contact us at [email protected] or revert to 8.4. We are working on identifying the cause and should it fixed in the next beta. Please accept our apologies to anyone affected! If you have a lifetime license, we promise your license status is fine and we'll have you up and running in any event!
  • Add internet connection check prior to attempting product activation
  • Show specific error message if next gen license code is inactive
  • Add preliminary support for next-gen licensing system codes
  • Fix solicitation message not shown at first startup for unlicensed users

Please note, what is mentioned is not the full changelog.

Hello .

Today my IDM 6.23 build 12 , with kaspersky firewall blocking method show the fake serial screen .

I dont know why ?

No found Visual Protect 3.5+ key

Before some minutes i discover what happened .

My little brother can not log in to Facebook .

Facebook blocked the log in and ask my bro to download and make a scan with "Trend Micro HouseCall" [ Trendmicro_T10153112583519582T_.exe ]

My bro did it , make the scan ( facebook wrote : found 3x BREX_SAL_RANK says ) [ i have kaspersky internet security 15.0.2.361c and malwarebytes anti-malware 2.1.0.1057 all paid ] .

After this "scan" have the "fake serial screen"

Thats all

I was getting tired of the IDM fake license pop-up. And I use all the tools posted here to clean the registry, double-checked WFC to see if all IPs were there. But the pop-up always came back... Until I did a clean install and now everything is fine again :D

I was getting tired of the IDM fake license pop-up. And I use all the tools posted here to clean the registry, double-checked WFC to see if all IPs were there. But the pop-up always came back... Until I did a clean install and now everything is fine again :D

Once your serial gets blocked everytime IDM team generates a new IP, you will need to do 3 things in order -

>add the new IP to block list

>delete the Visual Protect 3.5+ key (if generated in the registry)

>register IDM with new serial.

In mind that i dont have gpedit.msc (Win 8.1 64-bit) so cant set IDM_Reset.bat

Task scheduler has'nt got a Log off Trigger :s

Does'nt gpedit just add in stuff to the registry? (if so can a made reg file to make it work?) :think:

otherwise ca'nt see anotherway to run the batch at log off. :(

Is there a Workaround for those who dont have gpedit?

If you do not have GpEdit on your system - it is a great curse (the following tip applies to Windows 8 and the 8.1, too):--

How to Enable “Group Policy Editor” (gpedit.msc) in Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter Editions?

.......Now, Why to keep malwarebytes anti-malware 2.1.0.1057 ? ........

Because i have allready buy a licence before upgrade from avast is to kis

Because i have allready buy a licence before upgrade from avast is to kis

I also have legit 1 year+ license of KIS, KTS, AVAST, BITDEFENDER IS+TS . . So, sould I install them together ? :huh: Not good IDEA since running miltiple security apps just ruins your PC performance (not sure if you've noticed or not) + you'll face issues like the one with IDM . . . . Kaspersky is trustworthy bro ^_^

So, Recommendation = Just get yourself blind & stay with Kaspersky Products , No Regret + No Shit to happen :lol:

If you do not have GpEdit on your system - it is a great curse (the following tip applies to Windows 8 and the 8.1, too):--

How to Enable “Group Policy Editor” (gpedit.msc) in Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter Editions?

Once your serial gets blocked everytime IDM team generates a new IP, you will need to do 3 things in order -

>add the new IP to block list

>delete the Visual Protect 3.5+ key (if generated in the registry)

>register IDM with new serial.

Yes. I know. I did all that but the pop-up always returned so I choose for a clean install of the program.

The latest IDM CC 7.3.100 add-on made compatible for Users of the latest Firefox tested working on the V40 (Users of higher versions - please report whether it is working, for you):—

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10 F3h9xqz.gif

Still getting error message with v4.0 b2

Yes, you are right — better to wait for the new IDM release. :(

The links steps must be incomplete or at least for me :blink: (win 8.1 64bit) i Had the Dreaded "MMC could not create the snap-in" Problem

after a lot of searching checking System Variables in me pc and changing the 6 matching %username% to "%username%" in the x64 batch i came across this Youtube video How to set it up properly.

it was few things i changed all "%username%" in x64.bat to my actual username "%bubba here%"

and after step 6 In the How to Enable “Group Policy Editor” (gpedit.msc) in Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter Editions? link

should be

7. Still in C:\Windows\Temp\gpedit\ run Installer.exe As administrator

all done.

all ok now i can run gpedit.msc no probz :D

Im sorry to say i havnt still got this right im leaning to giving up on trying :sadwalk:

the gpedit is running but when making a change for logout to point at the batch it doesnt appear to be there to select (its well hidden from view maybe a folder(s) permission problem then again the gpedit maybe too old version for win 8.1 because sfc.exe doesnt like it mismatches and corrupted)

for example

i press the "show files...." Button and paste the batch in the "C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff" folder

now to add the script press "add" Button Then "Browse" button

now im looking at a blank "C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff" folder (wheres my file its there i know it is there)

no matter what i do to the folder i cant get the batch to show.

other things ive noticed it doesnt make changes at all, make a change see if it works does nothing, like if i change "Remove Reycle Bin icon from desktop" to enabled it changes ok, restart pc back into windows the recycle bin icon is still there. damn

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived