"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Taker

I downloaded the same installer as you. ;)

• by default there is no searchplugin folder either in installation folder or profile folder. but u can manually get it to working by creating 'searchplugins' folder in ur profile folder and pasting the Google encrypted.xml in it.(this is automated if u use the above addon)
The searchplugins folder was already available in both - my installation directory and the Mozilla profile, as well (my present implementation does not work - trying to re-code it.)

OK, made some changes - the problem is now resolved.

Since the icon for the new Google Encrypted was looking exactly the same as the one on the built-in Google search engine - have changed to a more colorful one. 8)

Those who already downloaded the file may want to re-download it from the link at my previous post. ;)

Unfortunately, the keyword which you enter on your homepage or start page cannot inherit the search engine. :(

If it was that simple, everyone would set the Google Encrypted keyword as their homepage/start page. ^_^

Unfortunately, the keyword which you enter on your homepage or start page cannot inherit the search engine. :(

If it was that simple, everyone would set the Google Encrypted keyword as their homepage/start page. ^_^

I have been using this process for sumtym now....

This has already survived upgradation from 37 to 38 and today also from 38 to 39 ;)

Just check whether your Google search is being inherited by both, the Awesome Bar and Search Bar, as well - after deleting all the Google related search engines.

This has already survived upgradation from 37 to 38 and today also from 38 to 39 ;)

Just check whether your Google search is being inherited by both, the Awesome Bar and Search Bar, as well - after deleting all the Google related search engines.

Yes it does retain the GE search engine and that too as default.....

Since my FF has been using its profile folder to determine its search engine, it has remained stable since the change of searchplugins folders from installation folder to profile folder

Just set my DuckDuckGo engine as default and then configured my homepage to use https://encrypted.google.com - however, the Awesome Bar is returning me search results from DuckDuckGo . . . . . . . . . instead of https://encrypted.google.com

Remember we are dealing with the V40 - fueled by a new implementation.

Just set my DuckDuckGo engine as default and then configured my homepage to use https://encrypted.google.com - however, the Awesome Bar is returning me search results from DuckDuckGo . . . . . . . . . instead of https://encrypted.google.com

Remember we are dealing with the V40 - fueled by a new implementation.

my HP is encrypted google and search engine is also encrypted google....so its not a problem for me....

the new implementation in this regard is only this that search plugin now resides in profile folder rather than the in the browser folder of the installation directory.

The problem is that the default search engine has been coded to over-ride the keyword on your homepage - you may try this for yourself.

OK, now my hard work is complete - hard-coded the search engine and have made it ready for deployment to all my Customers:--

SJJMwWV.png

OK, now my hard work is complete - hard-coded the search engine and have made it ready for deployment to all my Customers

:tooth: :thumbsup:

U think you have any smartass customer who will be able to overturn it :naughty:

anybody of them like to fiddle with about:config entries? :P

Not the Customers - but, their teenage kids (however, that hard-coding extends beyond the about:config, on a multi-layer basis.) :lol:

freeforever03

"An Encrypted Google Search Engine For Your Firefox"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

• Create a new folder in your Mozilla Profile, if not already present named — the corresponding new directory should now be reflected as C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\MozillaProfile\searchplugins
  • Extract the content Google.xml into the (freshly created) directory, C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\MozillaProfile\searchplugins
  • Set the new Google Encrypted as your default search engine a browser restart might be required before you may be able to see the effect:

K3b8Fyx.png

Disclaimer:

The above tip may not work for the following types of Characters:
  • The Vain
  • The Shills
  • The Dead
  • The Trolls
  • The Proud
  • The n00bs
  • The Sheep
  • The Dense
  • The Slaves
  • The Losers
  • The Biased
  • The MisFits
  • The Prudes
  • The Flaccid
  • The Dunces
  • The Morons
  • The Pussies
  • The Lamers
  • The KillJoys
  • The Gullible
  • The Jealous
  • The Hagrids
  • The Rippers
  • The Retards
  • The Flamers
  • The Faggots
  • The Blamers
  • The Quitters
  • The Whiners
  • The ShitLess
  • The Dumbos
  • The Flunkies
  • The Stooges
  • The Lackeys
  • The FullCups
  • The Haughty
  • The Eunuchs
  • The Doubtful
  • The Paranoid
  • The Yes-Men
  • The Accusers
  • The Laggards
  • The Theorists
  • The Alarmists
  • The ImPotent
  • The Gamblers
  • The ImPatient
  • The Don'tCare
  • The CryBabies
  • The Dinosaurs
  • The Comatose
  • The InCapable
  • The Weaklings
  • The Pessimists
  • The Apologists
  • The WorthLess
  • The Hypocrites
  • The NaySayers
  • The Lamenters
  • The Ignoramus
  • The LukeWarm
  • The Ignoramus
  • The Pretenders
  • The Contended
  • The DisInclined
  • The PallBearers
  • The ShameLess
  • The ImPractical
  • The SpoilSports
  • The Know-It-All
  • The Astrologers
  • The Vanquished
  • The Speculators
  • The NumbSkulls
  • The GreenHorns
  • The Conformists
  • The Constipated
  • The Average Joe
  • The SoothSayers
  • The Conspirators
  • The Philosophers
  • The UnCharitable
  • The DayDreamers
  • The non-Believers
  • The DisPassionate
  • The Escape Artists
  • The InCompetents
  • The OverConfident
  • The Living UnDead
  • The UnResourceful
  • The Breast Beaters
  • The Fuddy Duddies
  • The Procrastinators
  • The Rabble Rousers
  • The Non-Performers
  • The Rumor Mongers
  • The WindowsBashers
  • The AttentionSeekers
  • The FanBoyz & FanGals
  • The Don't-Fix-It-If-It's-Not-Broken

Worked like a champ!! Thanks dcs18.

The Add-ons Manager on the latest Firefox V40 Beta 1 no longer displays the add-on version. :huh:

• if cookies r disabled, u cannot log into nSane.or for that matter any site. i also see u use SDC, which hasn't been updated since feb, so maybe outdated. :dunno:
Yep, you are right, one of the functions in SDC is not working (despite SDC not being flagged off for lack of signature) - the one illustrated on my last post (however, the V40 beta 1 is confirmed to be the culprit - wiping-out the exception list.) :(

Just resolved this issue - SDC is now fully functional (it was not SDC but a conflicting configuration caused by another add-on.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived