"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

On 6/17/2017 at 6:00 AM, sirri said:

hi guys,

Back to use old Private Firewall but I think I did mis-configuration. Please advice since I couldn't download anything. See below

Thank in advance

2017-06-17_125622.png

DVz5_HJWQS_EVmaMr4eIiQ.png

2nZdebLKRj6NcUNQ75_mtg.png

sGPgzzeyQ_yzz5gjhd8x2A.png

still trying after 6 min

and 

C3DNQK9_T8mjjKYw6exWHw.png

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did deep exploring of @hamanokaito apps. Thanks to his method I found my two keys responsive for ban of fake serial. And  deleted just them and changed permission for the parent key, no need to delete all CLSID. I doubt @knowledge know this too, but he does not like to make this public, maybe he is afraid of counteraction by developer?

@Undertaker, Thanks a lot for the hand pal. After I found my black keys I checked Adguard too - and it work perfect for our purpose. Amazing good Russian software just like Russian Kaspersky, they all haven't equivalent! :showoff: Good promotion as advertisement for Adguard, and good knowledge from you. God bless you, thank you. :notworthy:

Simple DNSCrypt is not remembering my settings, it disables the block rules after restart :pos:

Any help? :D

What happens if you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\bitbeans\Simple DNSCrypt\data and change the attribute of the following 2 files to Read-only:—

1. addresses-blacklist.txt
  2. domains-blacklist.txt

6 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

What happens if you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\bitbeans\Simple DNSCrypt\data and change the attribute of the following 2 files to Read-only:—

1. addresses-blacklist.txt
  2. domains-blacklist.txt

Settings are retained but IP block in DNSCrypt is not working.

Domain blocking is working.

Yeah, exclusive IP Blocking is not working (at least on IDM IPs) which is a valid reason for having a firewall cover your ass — Windows Firewall Control (WFC) blocks 169.55.0.224 successfully when DNSCrypt fails. ^_^

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yeah, exclusive IP Blocking is not working (at least on IDM IPs) which is a valid reason for having a firewall cover your ass — Windows Firewall Control (WFC) blocks 169.55.0.224 successfully when DNSCrypt fails. ^_^

WFC is blocking nothing related to IDM here.

IDM is still bypassing WFC through port 53 and trying to connect.

It is the Domain-blocking that stops it.

So, just domain-blocking in DNScrypt is working to retain the activation(not IP-blocking in DNScrypt and not WFC), I think.

My personal configuration has been to disable IP blocking on DNSCrypt and leave it enabled it on the firewall — the reason is that then, I'm empowered to audit IDM activities on my Windows Firewall Control (WFC) log which is very helpful (especially during those rare moments of the year, when Tonec decide to change their IP/s.) B)

The moment DNSCrypt does it's domain auditing all IDM IPs revert to their usual behavior prior to build 6.28.11 since the ARP spoofing and cache poisoning has already been preempted by DNSCrypt. ^_^

10 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

The moment DNSCrypt does it's domain auditing all IDM IPs revert to their usual behavior prior to build 6.28.11 since the ARP spoofing and cache poisoning has already been preempted by DNSCrypt.

This is what is not happening atleast in my system. That's why I said WFC is still being bypassed only for Domain-DNScrypt to block it.

EDIT: Ok understood now, thanx.

If you change/update/ or decided to use the WF while DNScRypt ip block is already used , then you decided to use windows firewall  and update/used it besides dns crypt, then dnscrypt ip block settings will  be automatically disabled.

For DNscryp alone, if you want to add ips , you have to turn off temp the button and add additional or change ips then create again another build list , this will retain your updated settings even pc restarts. however, if windows firewall is on , it will still disable the dnscrypt ip  blocking due to windows firewall takes priority.

I managed to download the upgrade and retail installer, while using DNScrypt by adjusting some few settings however you will be encountered a nag initially , though idm download proceeds and activated.. something i missed here.... iguess... missed some domain or ips here for license check after downloading from mirror2 and mirror 5.

blocking with internetdownloadmanager.com  blocks everything  ,  but if you replace it with www.internetdownloadmanager.com,  you can download the updates or retail however with a nag serial check though it will proceed while IDM activation is retained.

hamanokaito

Update Fix. <==== Update code

* Remove SetACL.

* Edit Code.

* Auto backup Reg.

Site: https://mega.nz
Sharecode[?]: /#!NIlETYrT!lD8B0-rWAgVVMlswbHoV0dc5gA7UL-uGHYTwFePuFno
Pass: hamanokaito

Watch Guide :

16 hours ago, Undertaker said:
16 hours ago, dcs18 said:

sledge,

Good find — but, we gotta be careful because some sites like imgur would stop working. :lol:

Why?

Just discovered a little misconfiguration at my end  — imgur is now working with change in Transport Settings.

44 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Just discovered a little misconfiguration at my end  — imgur is now working with change in Transport Settings.

I forgot to mention this-

When I was checking out SimpleDNSCrypt, I had no problem accessing imgur or had the problem of slow loading on datafilehost. And Transport Settings was disabled, no change to it(as is displayed that TCP is slow than UDP).

10 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

I forgot to mention this-

When I was checking out SimpleDNSCrypt, I had no problem accessing imgur or had the problem of slow loading on datafilehost. And Transport Settings was disabled, no change to it(as is displayed that TCP is slow than UDP).

Good to know @ taker  unfortunately, this does not apply to my settings at all, enabling it resolves my issues,  however, if you dont have that issues , then i guess just maintain as it is. :)

Changing the Transport Settings affects some programs only when firewall rules for those programs have been hardened. ;)

8 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Changing the Transport Settings affects some programs only when firewall rules for those programs have been hardened. ;)

1 hour ago, sledge101 said:

Good to know @ taker  unfortunately, this does not apply to my settings at all, enabling it resolves my issues,  however, if you dont have that issues , then i guess just maintain as it is. :)

I already uninstalled, I was just testing it.

BTW I forgot to test if you can download the IDM install setup over proxy addon in your browser.

Also your tut mentions about 31 IPs, OP has 33 IPs.

And if you disable the rule internetdownloadmanager.com and enable just www.internetdownloadmanager.com, you also have to take care of

secure.internetdownloadmanager.com

data.internetdownloadmanager.com

test.internetdownloadmanager.com(maybe nag because of connection to this address)

etc.

:)

I managed to download the upgrade and retail installer, while using DNScrypt by adjusting some few settings however you will be encountered a nag initially , though idm download proceeds and activated.. something i missed here.... iguess... missed some domain or ips here for license check after downloading from mirror2 and mirror 5.

blocking with internetdownloadmanager.com  blocks everything  ,  but if you replace it with www.internetdownloadmanager.com,  you can download the updates or retail however with a nag serial check though it will proceed while IDM activation is retained.

@dcs18, i think i figured out now how to download the upgrade and retail installer from idm website using dnscrypt, however, there might some minor precautions before downloading it without a nag check. This does not affect other files downloaded from other sites, i mean you will not get a nag screen for other sites except from the update/retail idm site only which you wish to download. You can trace this one using reg thrash finder --  2 keys are responsible just delete it before doing downloading from site so not to get the nag screen..... Btw, why you get this minor nag,  i adjusted settings for dnscrypt  by not using internetdownloadmanager.com which blocks all  activity in idm.   Despite the minor adjustment, you still retain your idm activation regardless of what key is used.

Will post soon about this info...  might help you out.

11 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

I already uninstalled, I was just testing it.

BTW I forgot to test if you can download the IDM install setup over proxy addon in your browser.

Also your tut mentions about 31 IPs, OP has 33 IPs.

And if you disable the rule internetdownloadmanager.com and enable just www.internetdownloadmanager.com, you also have to take care of

secure.internetdownloadmanager.com

data.internetdownloadmanager.com

test.internetdownloadmanager.com(maybe nag because of connection to this address)

etc.

:)

yes,, exactly undertaker :),  i had to input these data about 4 of them. trace them using  dnscrypt live log.. they commuincated.

idm checks initialy,   then i noticed it create a 2 keys empty ones no data on it so before i download  ,so i just deleted it in reg thrash key finder and download the link. It passes thru without any nag.

So once link has been captured initially by idm it automatically checks on before downloading... then you get the nag screen however when you  proceeds with downloads then finished it. you dont get anymore nags , clicking redownload - 2nd time around no nag anymore...  thats why i need to test further maybe i missed something as much as possible ,  to prevent creations of 2 keys . So far deletion of these 2 empty keys  solves the nag screen 

And  this is only for downloading from idm site however other sites dont have these behavior.

Btw, tested using DNS blocking only , IP blocking disabled.

Never thought I'd be saying this . . . . . . but c'mon Tonec — I want my Visual Protect Key 3.5+ back (can't get a peaceful night sleep, without it.) tx38TOr.gif

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Never thought I'd be saying this . . . . . . but c'mon Tonec — I want my Visual Protect Key 3.5+ back (can't get a peaceful night sleep, without it.) tx38TOr.gif

@dcs18 ,i found the culprit setting key which triggers the 3 main keys that we are doing during cleaning process, we can disable it later permanently which will not recur anymore.and those contaminated keys can be easily clean and track ... ... but will not post at the moment hehehe.

I hear you sledge — I'm not posting the firewall tutorial at the OP, either (just waiting for IDM V7 — the pressure is on them.)

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I hear you sledge — I'm not posting the firewall tutorial at the OP, either (just waiting for IDM V7 — the pressure is on them.)

frankly yes i am eager to wait on 7... thats why i did not post some other information here ..

Some updates before i do some relaxation:

1. Figured out now how to download from idm site using dnscrypt without the nag screen in combination with a firewall or without a firewall        ( on Windows Firewall)

a.  DNSCRypt ( Domain Block) + Windows Firewall

b  DNSCRypt  ( Domain and IP block) . Disabled Windows Firewall

Currently using DNSCrypt alone

idmtest.jpg

Till then guys.

Everything works fine until now with the Adguard trick @Undertaker

And of course a little gift for that :D

Spoiler

iAHyIun.jpg

Greetings,

:eekout:

• Matrix locked this topic