"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

@Recruit Thank you for the beautiful response :D

BTW I'm just about to update the post by linking it with instructions on how to download IDM setup please see the post in 5mins and update your setup.

Also can I know are you using Domain or IPs?

Thanx

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Also can I know are you using Domain or IPs?

Domain : I will try with IPs on other PC for test....I will try to keep you posted about evolutions... ;)

6 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Domain : I will try with IPs on other PC for test....I will try to keep you posted about evolutions... ;)

Ok. Thanx my friend

Adguard Tutorial updated with "Tip to download IDM setup from official site"

Important

A very rare instance of someone manipulating the download or 'IDM/Tonec' getting sneaky can result in Domain-Style Filter Rules users( of Adguard method) to show fake serial nag.

To counter this situation Domain-Style Filter Rules users need to add one more user filter to their Adguard:-

/idman*.exe^$important,app=IDMan.exe

Adguard Tutorial will be updated to reflect the change soon.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:53 PM, Undertaker said:
On 6/15/2017 at 7:44 PM, dcs18 said:

Undertaker,

You might also want to include a little sentence on your tutorial stating that, "Adguard is one of the superior ad. blockers." yXZVmpE.gif

Don't want to get a war started out lol :P

Besides I already said:-

Adblocker discussion is always trouble for me. Besides, no need to state the obvious, I guess. :tooth:

I cannot force you into making that reference on your tutorial — but, can I stop myself from stating "Adguard is one of the superior ad. blockers," when I publish mine? ;)

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I cannot force you into making that reference on your tutorial — but, can I stop myself from stating "Adguard is one of the superior ad. blockers," when I publish mine? ;)

Is that in satirical sense or literal sense? :P

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Let's wait (for my tutorial) to find out. 7HSB47o.gif

It's definitely the former :tooth:

16 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Important

A very rare instance of someone manipulating the download or 'IDM/Tonec' getting sneaky can result in Domain-Style Filter Rules users( of Adguard method) to show fake serial nag.

Although IDM site uses mirror2.* and mirror*.*com like domains for downloading the IDM setup but there was an instance that if IDM or any individual modifies the download URL himself/herself, it can result in fake serial nag.

For e.g ATM download link on IDM site is:-

http://mirror2.internetdownloadmanager.com/idman628build12.exe

But if someone or IDM was to serve the above download address in the following form(I might have given them an idea here):-

http://50.97.82.44/idman628build12.exe

Then it would have resulted in fake serial nag, although IDM would still hold its activation(This is just like @sledge101 reported in one of the above post).

The new filter rule:-

/idman*.exe^$important,app=IDMan.exe

counters this effect. So you would not receive the fake serial, if and when it happens.

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

adguard the best :o

Is there is other, close to Adguard?

knowledge-Spammer
4 hours ago, vitorio said:

i am not sure i just use adguard http://alternativeto.net/software/adguard/

programs close to Adguard  maybe 1 or 2 programs like but not much  maybe some people will make comments   i am just fan of adguard

6 hours ago, vitorio said:

Why are you looking for an alternative?

If you have any problem related to Adguard, maybe you can mention it here and we will try to work it out.

21 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

@dcs18 I told you adblocker topic is trouble. Yesterday only you mentioned about adblocking tutorial and see^^ :lol:

14 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I hear you sledge — I'm not posting the firewall tutorial at the OP, either (just waiting for IDM V7 — the pressure is on them.)

The pressure has forced dog-dethroned to show-up.

6 hours ago, A.lemane said:
7 hours ago, vitorio said:
9 hours ago, knowledge said:

adguard the best :o

adfender https://adfender.com/ and other that i currently dont remember 

Yet another tutorial coming up — "How to use AdFender To Prevent IDM From Calling Home" RlW5CMh.gif

9 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Yet another tutorial coming up — "How to use AdFender To Prevent IDM From Calling Home" RlW5CMh.gif

Not really sure if Adfender has the capacity to filter other apps like Adguard. But if it does, it would be a welcome addition.

@dcs18 Any ETA to that adblocking tutorial? I've something in mind :think:

no emsisoft method yet?

I'd like to share emsisoft (EAM and EIS)  method if someone interested

subsystem, if you wish to share anything technical, please feel welcome to do so — this Board is always grateful to you and remembers your valued contribution of the most critical IDM IP, 169.55.40.5 (we have also not forgotten your Potplayer tutorial.) F3h9xqz.gif

17 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

subsystem, if you wish to share anything technical, please feel welcome to do so — this Board is always grateful to you and remembers your valued contribution of the most critical IDM IP, 169.55.40.5 (we have also not forgotten your Potplayer tutorial.) F3h9xqz.gif

okay brb with emsisoft method for idm, :D

potplayer also need to revise :blink:

EMSISOFT method to block IDM from dialing home (work with both Emsisoft Anti Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security)
pros: work fine with VPN. no need firewall block or any idm patch.
cons: not work if idm using proxy, block whole system from accessing idm home (need browser with proxy or vpn extension/add-ons to download latest version idm)

step 1] make this vertical list and save to .txt

Spoiler

registeridm.com
internetdownloadmanager.com
tonec.com

step 2] open emsisoft (EAM/EIS) go to "Protection" ==> "Surf Protection"

Spoiler

2a.jpg

step 3] click "Import hosts file"

Spoiler

3a.jpg

step 4] click on "..." and locate file .txt created on step 1

Spoiler

4a.jpg

step 5] click add

Spoiler

5a.jpg

step 6] on "Implemented action" choose "Block silently"

Spoiler

6a.jpg

done

Spoiler

7a.jpg

@subsystem Thanx for demonstrating the method.

3 minutes ago, subsystem said:

step 3] click "Import hosts file"

What happens if instead of using import hosts file option, you use the Application Rules or Firewall sub-menu option?

The reason I ask this is because then you won't be blocking IDM system-wide. May make life easy to download the IDM setup setup file.

1 minute ago, Undertaker said:

@subsystem Thanx for demonstrating the method.

What happens if instead of using import hosts file option, you use the Application Rules or Firewall sub-menu option?

The reason I ask this is because then you won't be blocking IDM system-wide. May make life easy to download the IDM setup setup file.

emsisoft would created app rule allowed out and in for IDM from Emsisoft network since idman.exe is trusted by emsisoft network, thus it fail to block idm from calling home.

I already tried it.

Come to think of it, I think there should be no problem in using proxy in IDM(let alone, VPN) when you are routing it through Adguard? :think: Atleast that shoud be the case for Domain-Style Filter rules. Haven't tested it.

11 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Come to think of it, I think there should be no problem in using proxy in IDM(let alone, VPN) when you are routing it through Adguard? :think: Atleast that shoud be the case for Domain-Style Filter rules. Haven't tested it.

Tested a proxy in IDM with Domain-Style Filter Rules in Adguard and it was working fine while retaining activation.

Theoretically, it should not work with IP-Style Filter Rules but I'm not testing it. :D

But this experiment has made me realise that one more method-type just might work. :think:

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived