ESET v4 Fixes

shought

You can force NodLogin to insert you a license by clearing the user name and password fields manually. But most likely it will reenter the same password as long as it was still valid. Why do you care if there are "only" 14 days left? As long as you can still update normally. Eventually it will insert you a new license. Don't mind the color as long as you're protected.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 198.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can force NodLogin to insert you a license by clearing the user name and password fields manually. But most likely it will reenter the same password as long as it was still valid. Why do you care if there are "only" 14 days left? As long as you can still update normally. Eventually it will insert you a new license. Don't mind the color as long as you're protected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@regy13 :

You are absolutely right and it`s all said about this matter !

cheers

jofre

Bizarre™

@All:

The creator of NodLogin seems to love hanging people in suspense...

So just bear the suspense for now :unsure:

I'm sure a new license would be ready before the current license expires...

Any sharecodes for the new MiNodlogin or where you recommend to look out for it?

Get it HERE

JunkInternetMail

I have 2 ways of installing NODLOGIN:

1) run the installer pick your choice of hidden or whatever

2) copying the installed nodlogin.exe and pasting it into the NOD32 installation directory

Once in awhile, I have trouble deleting the NODLOGIN.exe -- even UNLOCKER is denied...

I'm not a PC Noob or Nub -- this baffles me however. Any suggestions?

Once in awhile, I have trouble deleting the NODLOGIN.exe -- even UNLOCKER is denied...

Safe mode always does the job.

JunkInternetMail

Thanks for the suggestion...

I decided to give ICESWORD a try and that program is insanely powerful...

It should be added to this site...as well as GMER rootkit removal tool.

I have 2 ways of installing NODLOGIN:

1) run the installer pick your choice of hidden or whatever

2) copying the installed nodlogin.exe and pasting it into the NOD32 installation directory

Nodlogin.exe is no longer supposed to be installed in the Eset program directory. It is supposed to be installed in its own Uliessoft program directory. If you want to delete anything from within the Eset program directory and self defense is enabled, you have to first disable self defense and then reboot. Then you should be able to delete from the Eset directory.

JunkInternetMail

Can anyone offer a reason why other than not creating exclusions in the installation directory why it should NOT be put there?

Also other than my most recent troubles removing it...

I'm not at all snubbing you -- I'm legitimately curious...

Because the creator of NDL has determined that this is the best way to get around Eset's self defense and have his app work properly. If you want to install in a different directory than the creator's default, good luck with it.

Bizarre™

I always place every version of NodLogin in ESET directory, and all the same it's working perfectly fine.

One thing is for sure though: always place NodLogin in the exclusion list.

Please do not complicate things:- NodLogin 9.9c is originally installed at C:\ProgramFiles\UlisesSoft and Exclusions not needed. Is SET and FORGET.

If you want to uninstall NodLogin 9.9c just delete UlisesSoft Folder and the Shortcut (NodLogin9.9c) you have on your Desktop. Use some Registry Cleaner and that`s all.

Cheers

Jofre

Bizarre™

@jofre:

I'm not complicating things.

I'm just placing myself one step ahead: in case ESET flags NodLogin v9.9c as a virus.

All the same: each to his own :)

OK ! So, other users do not need to add NodLogin9.9c in Exclusions because this version is no longer detected by ESET as a virus like NL9.9b used to do.

Of course people can add it on Exclusions if that makes them feel happy ... for the fun ?:fun:

Nodlogin is place in a folder 'Uliessoft', you can place it in Nod32 directory if you want but if there is a new version of Nodlogin...you will need to disable self-protection in order to place the new version and overwrite existing.

Each time you need to boot and reboot your system after disabling self-defense......troublesome!

As such Nodlogin is now place in a folder called 'Uliessoft'.....when there is a new version of Nodlogin, all you need to do is double click it and it will overwrite the existing Nodlogin.

No need to reboot......so easy!

If rebooting is of such a joy to you, by all mean place Nodlogin in Eset directory.

It is not so difficult guys. You install eset nod32 EAV/ESS. You disable nod32. You download nodlogin. You install nodlogin (default). You go to eset > setup > exlusions and exlude "C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft". You enable nod32.

If you want to upgrade nodlogin, fist delete previous. Translated quote from UlisesSoft:

you must first de-install previous versions, to install the new one.

So just delete nodlogin.exe, go to start > run > regedit > Delete : "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UlisesSoft"

And then disable nod32 > download new nodlogin > install new nodlogin > enable nod32..

JunkInternetMail

Mai Gawd

I never meant to spark a debate...

I can tell you I now have complete and total control over NOD32 and NODLOGIN using my methods above.

I can also install and uninstall both in a matter of about 2 minutes flat without even lifting my left hand (thanks to copy/paste).

Sorry for causing such drama.

Just delete the user name and password and run nodlogin. It just got me a license valid until 19/08/2009.

Bizarre™
All the same: each to his own ;)

'sigh' like I said in the statement above... unless some of you missed that :fun:

BTW, there's no need to make any sarcastic remarks... I'm just proving my point ;)

Exactly what I said from the start. Delete the user name/password & run nodlogin. For some reason, it didn't work for the original poster who raised this question, but it has always worked for me.

I install NDL in the Uliessoft default folder and once added to exclusions as recommended by NDL's maker, if/when Eset eventually recognizes it as malware, it's not going to be an issue.

I'm very happy with my setup. EACH TO HIS/HER OWN.

Bizarre™

@harpua:

Thanks for reminding me. I totally forgot that the author of NodLogin gave me the exclusion idea :fun:

All the same: each to his own ;)

'sigh' like I said in the statement above... unless some of you missed that :)

BTW, there's no need to make any sarcastic remarks... I'm just proving my point ;)

My comment was not meant for you! :dance: Don't take it to heart.

You can create a folder and called it 'Uliessoft' or whatever you like in %Program Files\Eset\'whatever'

to place your Nodlogin....in this case you don't need to reboot every time there is a new version of Nodlogin.(But not in Eset directory)

Another version of this good "Medicine" called = MiNODLogin now v.3.5.3.1 (32 & 64 bits OS)=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Mediafire

................................Sharecode »»»»»»»»»»»/download.php?m2zznvkg2mj

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers

Jofre

Archived