ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Infinite_Vision
Discussion about ESET V4 and its available fixes.

To download ESET NOD32 Antivirus V4 and working fixes go here.

To download ESET Smart Security V4 and working fixes go here.

Please continue the discussion about the various ESET V4 Fixes in this topic.

If you want to cast your vote and tell everyone which fix you are using, please do so in this poll.

Don't think any of these have worked

Tried entering the serial and password, off that chinese site, but that has made no change

has anyone got a username/pass to use, or email me the file of which the fix is working?

I'm sending you a 60 day of NOD32 password and Username that I register after Remo posted a promotion for in the software news section. Remember to check the forum often.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 203.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobarretje
Don't schedule NodLogin, don't be selfish. Because of people like you their server will overload and people will not be able to get license. When licence you have expire, run your NodLogin manually.

Cheers ;)

I could not agree more. :)
Don't schedule NodLogin, don't be selfish. Because of people like you their server will overload and people will not be able to get license. When licence you have expire, run your NodLogin manually.

Cheers ;)

Mmm I know that, but I think once a day is ok right? It's just a few kb's and i'm sure their server can handle it... but because you say so I've scheduled it to run weekly now.

I like to have it scheduled because then I don't need to look back at it, and once a week must be ok!

Once a day isn't that bad but I have mine scheduled once a month because the passwords last really long, never failed me as yet. I know back in the older days the NodLogin passwords used to expire pretty fast so once a day was a safe interval but ever since v9.7 and up the passwords last really long now, for months. My opinion is once every week or 2 weeks should be a safe value for a stand alone unattended pc. Thanks for understanding and switching to a weekly schedule :) . Now I can say that it's because of understanding people like you, that we can all enjoy our Utility without worrying about putting strain on the servers. :hug:

One can hope that others follow your footsteps.

Yeah I know that earlier nodlogin sometimes had to run twice a day to keep updating. Now I think ESET changed their minds and are not banning those keys anymore or something :D I will advice everyone to run it once a week or even once a month ;)

I'm glad that you changed your mind, a week is OK. I just want you to know that I did not mean to offend you or something, I just wanted that people think on what their actions can cause.

Cheers ;)

I know, thanks for the advice mate! :dance2:

Hi there !!!

If anyone would download Buisness Edition of Polish ESET Smart Security 4.0.424 (I haven't proprer Username & Password), and upload them into for example: rapidshare?

Here are the d/l links:

32 Bit

64 Bit

Thanks a lot in advance :)

hi everyone , so i have a problem with eset nod32 antivirus, yesterday when i downloaded ESET NOD32 Antivirus & Smart Security 4.0.417 x32 & x64 from tpb (from shought) the problem is :

first of all i install the nod eset32 installer , then i check in the box " parmaters later" or something like that and then i install , after that i trying to run the fix , but i cant cause it says u have to uncheck "enable self-defense" so i do that and then i reboot then now when i try to run the fix still i cant because it says again the "self defense" is enabled so i check the box again but its unchecked on "enable self-defense" so what's wrong or what iam doing wrong?

i really need help cause i need new antivirus ,

thx for help

and again thx for the work !

hi everyone , so i have a problem with eset nod32 antivirus, yesterday when i downloaded ESET NOD32 Antivirus & Smart Security 4.0.417 x32 & x64 from tpb (from shought) the problem is :

first of all i install the nod eset32 installer , then i check in the box " parmaters later" or something like that and then i install , after that i trying to run the fix , but i cant cause it says u have to uncheck "enable self-defense" so i do that and then i reboot then now when i try to run the fix still i cant because it says again the "self defense" is enabled so i check the box again but its unchecked on "enable self-defense" so what's wrong or what iam doing wrong?

thx for help

use box - mara fix from front page - That doesn't need Self Defense turned off.

The frontpaged can be found by clicking 'nsane.down' in the top left corner, you'll have to go with 'Security Tools', 'Antimalware' and then ESET(doesn't matter which, the fix is the same).

But the torrent you download probably works, you just need to right-click the file and press 'Run as admin' in Vista :lol:

thx for help

use box - mara fix from front page - That doesn't need Self Defense turned off.

Yes it needs self defense turned off when applying, but it can be re-enabled after applying.

Cheers ;)

I am here now just to inform there will be a new " NodEnabler "one of these days.

Keep on visiting this forum-topic. It will be posted here as soon as possible.

cheers

Jofre

BornAspired
The frontpaged can be found by clicking 'nsane.down' in the top left corner, you'll have to go with 'Security Tools', 'Antimalware' and then ESET(doesn't matter which, the fix is the same).

But the torrent you download probably works, you just need to right-click the file and press 'Run as admin' in Vista ;)

It took me a bit to figure this out (I did so on my own, though). Perhaps we could append a note to the download page, add to the Readme file or put more in the italic-brackets? That should help the user to figure out what needs to be done -- this seems like a common problem.

@BornAspired

Thanks for the note, it will be added to the _Readme!.txt file :) (Don't know why I didn't think of this, but I'm glad you did ;))

I think MiNODLogin 3.4.0.1 is out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

:hi: @samsung

Thanks for the information. I checked yesterday and still was v.3.3.17.

Remember latest ESET AV and ESS version is 4.0.424 (Download from Frontpage).

New MiNODlogin v. 3.4.0.1 is here (32 and 64 bits):-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»» Mediafire.com

Code »»»»»»»»»»»» /download.php?zmzwmxzhtjn

cheers

Jofre

LeetPirate

MiNODLogin 3.4.0.1 out already??? What was wrong with the previous version? See this is why I don't like MiNODLogin, it needs updating as frequently as virus definitions. It has a built in update function but when exactly does it check for new updates? Is there a parameter to initiate a manual update?

New version ( 2 in same day !)... <_<

MiNONLogin 3.4.0.2 :-

Download »»»»»»»» Mediafire.com

Code »»»»»»»»»»»» /download.php?ewzotnwdwqw

cheers

Jofre

Eset updated their list of servers. A lot of new added and a lof of removed, and finally every server works like a charm now. To get them, re-apply box, mara- fix 1.1.

Note: I got module updates with trial many times, so using trial+fix is safe and it's set it and forget about it now when trial servers are back.

Cheers :P

MiNODLogin 3.4.0.1 out already??? What was wrong with the previous version? See this is why I don't like MiNODLogin, it needs updating as frequently as virus definitions. It has a built in update function but when exactly does it check for new updates? Is there a parameter to initiate a manual update?

Nothing wrong with MiNODLogin, they just update some new feature.(requested by some people).

You don't need to use the newer version if you don't want.

The older version still work just fine.

When Eset adds new servers, do the retail versions of EAV automatically get updated with all the new servers? If not, is there a simple way to add those servers without installing the trial fix (I use a license finder) so that my version has the complete list?

Nothing wrong with MiNODLogin, they just update some new feature.(requested by some people).

You don't need to use the newer version if you don't want.

The older version still work just fine.

Right! All version of MiNodlogin since version 3.2.7.1 works for Nod32 v4 (I have tried it).

There is no necessity to update to a newer version if you don't require the new features.

Changes in version 3.4.0.2:

* The Test of Servers by the Explorer of Licenses was replaced. An improved version that allows to see and to

install the published licenses of in each server.

MiNODLogin works fine ( for WIN32 & 64 bits) and ESET auto-updates very easily, but in my case I had to schedule for when USER LOGON because my Net Server just give me connection one minute after I reach Windows and MiNODLogin is very fast looking for keys as soon as you are on Windows.

It`s set & forget.

Same with NodLogin and NodEnabler ( this one fails for some users ; "matt1553" , the producer of this utility, is trying to correct the situation).

Cheers all !

Jofre

When Eset adds new servers, do the retail versions of EAV automatically get updated with all the new servers? If not, is there a simple way to add those servers without installing the trial fix (I use a license finder) so that my version has the complete list?

I'm not sure, but I think it's not updated.

I'll explain how to do it. And, first you will check if they are updated. If you find any of the servers with

http://u3x.eset.com/eset_eval/

where x represents numbers from 0 to 9 in the following registry key, then servers are not updated:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings

If your servers are not updated, here is how you will do it:

- Disable Self-Defense and reboot,

- Go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings and delete all servers (every key with DefaultServerX, where X is some number and type of registry key is REG_SZ - do not delete any other key, especially key "FailSafeServer")

- Try to update manually (it is not important if your ESET is already updated to the latest definitions, this is just to get new list)

- Enable Self-Defense and reboot.

Cheers :)

Thanks mara.

I looked in the key you described and found that there were no severs listed in the 30's. Also there were no servers with the eset_eval/ extension. They all had eset_upd/. The weird thing was there was some duplicates for example the servers in the 50's series were listed as default server X more than 1 one time. So server #50 might be listed as default server 1 and also as default server 22, for example.

And what effect, if any, does the list of update servers one can enter through the advanced "Update" menu under the "edit" button, have on what appears in the registry?

Archived