ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should all reply if any one of us gets an update OK? (mara fix users only)

ok.

there is nothing for me by the moment

bye

Yeah, great idea . . . . . . latest version of signatures is 5041 dated 19/04/2010 ;)

Just realized it's not for me.

Guyz, there's a genuine server jam at ESET. Hope all of you get your update issues fixed soon (BTW, this does happen every now & then.)

we should all reply if any one of us gets an update OK? (mara fix users only)

ok.

there is nothing for me by the moment

bye

Yeah, great idea . . . . . . latest version of signatures is 5041 dated 19/04/2010 ;)

Just realized it's not for me.

Guyz, there's a genuine server jam at ESET. Hope all of you get your update issues fixed soon (BTW, this does happen every now & then.)

=o how did u know there's a server jam? source plz ;)

sorry but.....what is a "server jam" ?

Its where all the servers get together for and jam out old school..retired and all of the like.. updates just o n the fritz..

No but really....I have noticed issues with ESET servers for quite a while..varies..

LOL a server jam is like a traffic jam and can occur due to many reasons such as a sizeable rollout of NOD32 engine/module upgrade, routine maintenance, hacking, etc., etc.

During such server downtimes, signature updates are rolled out only to Registered Users (not Trial/Evaluation Users.) Hence Users of (:pirate: MiNodlogin, NodEnabler, NodLogin & other u/p based fixes :pirate:) continue to receive these updates.

Hello !

I just wish to say :

= Minodlogin latest v.3.8.0.1 only works for ESET 4.0 or prior ;

= Nodenabler is a lost case unless you dont mind to use ESET with self-defense disabled and even so, you need to add new servers because all included on latest v.3.4.1 were blocked by ESET.

= NodLogin 10.0.1 is OK

------------------------------------------------------

= From now on I prefer Keys... (No problem with updates...)

Cheers

Jofre

you want to say that you have update with nodlogin ?

we must install the both so ?

nod login AND mara fix ?

• Administrator

nod login AND mara fix ?

Only one fix should be installed at one time. Nod login AND box, mara fix are both for different purposes. Nod login downloads serials for you(if I'm not wrong), and makes it full version, box, mara- fix fixes your trial forever. There's no difference between trial and full in features.

Don't worry. You would surely get the update soon. Even we all other trial users haven't got the update from 3-4 days. ;)

nod login AND mara fix ?

-----------------------------------------------

No... Just one ! Box,mara fix or NodLogin 10.0.1. Not both !

On Frontpage you find a way to schedule Nodlogin in order to get automatic updates . 1st update has to be done manually.

...and must be NodLogin 10.0.1 because NodLogin 10c no longer works sense v.10.0.1 is out.

Download NodLogin 10.0.1 from here :

(32 & 64 bits) :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ........................................................ SendSpace.com

Sharecode ......................................................................... /file/pdvt70

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers

Jofre

Greetings peeps! I just thought I would share this website with you guys that has offline updates for ESET products! The guy realeases a nice update package every 5 days or so. It is a good temporary measure while the server jam at ESET gets cleared:

http://whi5t1er.wordpress.com/

And, if like me, nothing happens after you run the update file and then go to NOD32 and tell it to update, do the following:

In the NOD32 main window go to the upper right corner of the screen then select:

Setup > Advanced setup ... > find Update on the left hand side > Edit ... > In the "Update servers:" box type: C:\NOD_upd > Add > Click on "C:\NOD_upd > OK > OK

Now tell NOD32 to update again and it should be able to find the update files and update itself.

Good-luck!

I must be completely stupid cause it doesn't work for me.

minor, I'm going to wait that the eset server operates again.

thanks

• Administrator

You really don't need to worry about it. If a update is available, it would auto update. It auto checks for update each and every hour. If anyone here will get an update, we will post. ;)

I agree with DKT27. If you have a layered security configuration, missing 2 or 3 AV updates should be no problem.

Those 2 or 3 updates are probably for 0-day attacks. I doubt anyone here is foolish enough to be infected by those.

I've got a good firewall with proactive system (comodo)...

:rolleyes:

I look forward.....that's all. ;)

There's no difference between trial and full in features.

That's true there's no difference between the mara- fix and NodLogin where updates are concerned. It's only during conditions like these when there's a signature update issue that NodLogin Users are not affected since they receive their updates on priority just like a valid licensed and registered ESET User.

• Administrator

There's nothing like better or best. It's just what you like/prefer the most. ;)

nodlogin is better than marafix so ?

They're both different. It's like comparing an apple with an orange.

My personal preferences:-

# 1. Manually inputting a valid username and password

# 2. NodLogin

# 3. mara- fix

@dcs18:

What a coincidence, I also prefer manually inserting U&P ^_^

@echoes:

Each To His Own ;)

nodlogin is better than marafix so ?

They're both different. It's like comparing an apple with an orange.

My personal preferences:-

# 1. Manually inputting a valid username and password

# 2. NodLogin

# 3. mara- fix

haha, humour

Archived