ESET v4 Fixes

shought

BOX_ETR_v4.30A.zip is good, no problem ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tested ESS 4.2.40 with " Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 " and also with " NodLogin 10.0.1a " and all is fine !

Cheers

Jofre.

hi jofre, for nodlogin did you disable self defense for a while or ignored it?

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ugatme :

I did not disabled Self - Defense, but remember NodLogin 10.0.1 still is Alpha version and errors may occur ... Mine is winXP and all is fine here.

Cheers

Jofre

NodEnabler works fine after some tries.. First time it wanted to shut down my Nod32 all the freaking time (Maybe because of Self-Defense Enabled), second time i installed it i got some random error, then i tried checking for some valid keys on some chinese sites, when nothing worked i tried NodEnabler again out of rage and then it worked all of a sudden.

Though Nod32 likes to block key websites now so meh.

Anyway, had no success with NodLogin (Some random error in spanish) or box, mara-fix.

NodEnabler works fine after some tries.. First time it wanted to shut down my Nod32 all the freaking time (Maybe because of Self-Defense Enabled), second time i installed it i got some random error, then i tried checking for some valid keys on some chinese sites, when nothing worked i tried NodEnabler again out of rage and then it worked all of a sudden.

Anyway, had no success with NodLogin (Some random error in spanish) or box, mara-fix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well ! you are in trouble !

You can always return to previous Eset 4.0.474 and use MinodLogin 3.8.0.1...

Cheers

Jofre

Hi, just registered because i had the dreaded "nombre de archivo incorrecto" error with the rar posted on mainsite.

The mirror posted earlier in this thread worked fine though, but i have one question.

Once installed it tells me that it can't connect to database. Is this normal?

I uninstalled my previous version of Eset nod32 AV, installed the latest nod32 smart security from this site, installed mara-fix 1.3 just fine and then got ahold of the nodlogin in the mirror posted earlier.

This is on Win7 x64 if that has anything to do with it.

Settings in "address management" is as per the screenshot included in the rar, as is the settings in Exclusions.

I was thinking that maybe the server was down or something and that it'll work later.

Many thanks!

EDIT:

Also, do i have to run nodlogin manually or is it run in the background whenever i reboot/start computer?

I've always used nodenabler in the past but the sites in the nodenabler settings was getting blocked and i didn't see any workarounds for this, yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well ! you are in trouble !

You can always return to previous Eset 4.0.474 and use MinodLogin 3.8.0.1...

Cheers

Jofre

Nah, i'm happy with Nodenabler :>

Hi, just registered because i had the dreaded "nombre de archivo incorrecto" error with the rar posted on mainsite.

The mirror posted earlier in this thread worked fine though, but i have one question.

I uninstalled my previous version of Eset nod32 AV, installed the latest nod32 smart security from this site, installed mara-fix 1.3 just fine and then got ahold of the nodlogin in the mirror posted earlier.

Settings in "address management" is as per the screenshot included in the rar, as is the settings in Exclusions.

I was thinking that maybe the server was down or something and that it'll work later.

Many thanks!

EDIT:

Also, do i have to run nodlogin manually or is it run in the background whenever i reboot/start computer?

I've always used nodenabler in the past but the sites in the nodenabler settings was getting blocked and i didn't see any workarounds for this, yet.

@accelaxx

Really I do not understand quite well what`s your problem - Have you installed Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 and NodLogin 10.0.1 on same computer ?

box, mara-fix 1.3 works perfectly on Win XP SP3 (32 bits)

someone please test "box, mara-fix 1.3" on

- Windows 7 & Vista (32 & 64 bits)

then report back here =P

Already did that on Windows 7 64 Bits. ;)

And don't worry, unless ESET and Microsoft does some real changes to registry and registry keys, it's gonna work forever. ^_^

^_^ good to know <3

@ jofre!!!!!! what's sup im cssoz from astatalk! :wub:

cssoz / @OZ --» Hi ,champ !!! :hi:

How are you doing, my Friend ??

Good to know you are a member here too. :D . :party:

All the best !

Hello,

I downloaded some time ago a mara-fix_1.5 file with the reset.exe . It was working great on my Windows XP SP3 system but as I switched to Win7 Home x64, I used this fix with the 64 version of NOD32 and it generated severe BSOD.

So what's this 1.5 fix as you're all talking about 1.3?

Can I safely install the 1.3 fix on my x64 system without fearing a BSOD around the corner?

Thanks in advance

The life of trial resetters for ESET stem from the NOD32 Fix2, Marsu-Fix, then we have the Mara-Fix, and most recently the Box-Mara fix and in that order..version numbers would not be as important as which one.. The 1.5 is the previous Mara-Fix, while 1.3 is the Box-Mara Fix..

As far as compatibility is concerned someone will have to answer that question as I haven't tested it nor own a 64 bit system..

EDIT: The BSOD is probably from a failing startup..possibly detection of startup registry access.. so it would be a guess but I would assume this was fixed in 1.3..

Thanks, those version numvers can be very confusing :blink:

Yep, there was something with the Eset Trial Reset service startup. I have hundreds and hundreds of errors like this logged into my Event Viewer. They stopped as soon as I disabled the Eset Trial Reset.

Can someone confirm that this new fix works without generating BSOD on Win7 x64 ?

Thanks

Thanks, those version numvers can be very confusing :blink:

Yep, there was something with the Eset Trial Reset service startup. I have hundreds and hundreds of errors like this logged into my Event Viewer. They stopped as soon as I disabled the Eset Trial Reset.

Can someone confirm that this new fix works without generating BSOD on Win7 x64 ?

Thanks

I can confirm. :D Although, you shouldn't get BSOD with the old fix. I doubt that is the reason. Event Viewer error is normal, because this service just runs and then stops.

Cheers ;)

Alrighty then, I'll try this new fix and see what happens ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just have to follow instructions during installation . Very easy.

• Administrator

I haven't faced any problems in box, mara- fix v1.3 on Windows 7 x64. :)

Time line:

Marsu fix

mara- fix

box, mara fix.

v1.3 of box, mara fix is the latest. ;)

The "box, mara-fix v1.3" worked great for me on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and Windows XP Mode inside the same PC. It also worked great on another PC running Windows XP Home SP3 x32.

• Administrator

Nah. It works perfectly in Windows 7 (no need for XP Mode). ;)

Many thanks!

EDIT:

@accelaxx

Really I do not understand quite well what`s your problem - Have you installed Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 and NodLogin 10.0.1 on same computer ?

Yes, same machine, latest version of Eset Nod32 smart security x64, Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 and latest NodLogin 10.0.1 with mirror located earlier in this thread.

Windows 7 x64.

What don't you understand? I was asking if it was normal for Nodlogin to give me "couldn't connect to database", and if it would be working later (once the database were accessible).

I also asked if nodlogin would auto-update licenses or if i had to manually run the nodlogin.exe, located in $installdir$\ulisessoft.

I know now, a few days later, that the error i was receiving was not normal and when running nodlogin.exe now it connects fine and inserts licenses.

What i still don't quite understand if it auto updates once a license is not usable anymore, but i will assume that's how it works (meaning i won't need to manually run nodlogin.exe).

Would be nice getting some information about that though.

Is it really necessary to run the fix in XP mode?

Nah. It works perfectly in Windows 7 (no need for XP Mode). ;)

:wtf: Of course it is necessary to run anti-virus software in Windows XP Mode within Windows 7.

A Microsoft moderator said here:

As Lead3 said, it also need install security software in Virtual opertaing system. The antivirus program on the host machine will not protect the client.

From a Microsoft MVP:

If the VM accesses the internet for anything other than Microsoft updates, yes, you really need A/V protection.

And somebody here got a virus in their Windows XP Mode and wonders why their Windows 7 anti-virus program can't get rid of it:

From the Windows 7 Professional desktop:

I have detected a trojan virus named "Win32:Hupigon-ONX" contained within my XP Virtual Hard Disk archive file.

The file is located at:

C:\Users\ken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines\

Windows XP Mode.vhd

I can detect the virus by running Avast within Windows 7 desktop, but I cannot remove it.

I have tried other virus removal tools such as Spybot and Microsoft Defender without success.

From the Windows Virtual XP desktop:

I have yet to detect the virus running within the Virtual XP desktop.

I have tried doing a full disk scan using Avast, Spybot, and Microsoft Defender without any detection of the virus. Whereby, I cannot remove the virus.

Archived