ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Administrator

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open Window for statust(or similar). It's fixed properly.

And it's very important to enable Self Defense. ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open Window for status (or similar). It's fixed properly.

And it's very important to enable Self Defense. wink.gif

It does say "Virus Signature Database: Open Window for status" so I've fixed it correctly and re-enabled the Self Defense, but WHY is this so important, plus it must say the trial days remaining somewhere?

• Administrator

If self defense is disabled. Viruses that are design for it, can attack the AV. Then god save the computer. ;)

It will show the trial days thingy if you haven't checked "remove trial watermark" in the fix.

But it doesn't matter as it's fixed properly. ;)

If self defense is disabled. Viruses that are design for it, can attack the AV. Then god save the computer. wink.gif

It will show the trial days thingy if you haven't checked "remove trial watermark" in the fix.

But it doesn't matter as it's fixed properly. wink.gif

Thank You DKT27, you've been very helpful with your prompt answers! smile.gif

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open Window for status (or similar). It's fixed properly.

And it's very important to enable Self Defense. wink.gif

It does say "Virus Signature Database: Open Window for status" so I've fixed it correctly and re-enabled the Self Defense, but WHY is this so important, plus it must say the trial days remaining somewhere?

Did you do the first update manually? You must do that.

Cheers ;)

Did you do the first update manually? You must do that.

Cheers wink.gif

Yes I did. cool.gif

Out of pure interest, is this version of the trial fix likely to continue working for an indefinite amount of time as long as I stick with the 4.2.35.0 version?

I ask this because for the past 2+ years, I've been putting v2.70.39 + NOD32 fix 2.2 on many different laptops and they have continued to update correctly (and still do) because of the method of update, and I'd like to move to this version + fix if possible. blink.gif

• Administrator

Yes it will keep on working for ever. Unless noted. :P

BillyBootlace

Currently running Nod Antivirus 4.2.35.

In a virtual machine I ....

a) Disabled Self-Defense

B) Disabled Web Access detection

c) Disabled HTTP checking

Ran MiNodlogin 3.7.5.1 which successfully installed a new Username and Password.

This suggests that Eset have strengthened the Self-Defense of Nod in version 4.2.35 if MiNodlogin (and NodEnabler) now don't work when Self-Defense is enabled.

Is "box mara- fix v1.3" safe???

D:\Downloads\ess 4.0.474\box, mara-fix v1.3\box, mara-fix v1.3\Eset fix.exe » AUTOIT » script.au3 - Win32/Packed.Autoit.Gen potentially unwanted application

D:\Downloads\ess 4.0.474\box, mara-fix v1.3\box, mara-fix v1.3\Eset fix.exe » AUTOIT » svchost.exe - Win32/Shutdowner.NAL trojan

I share this file with some friends,and some of us have got problems (some times) with "halts","frozes" and "BSOD".

My OS is windows 7 and i wonder if i have issues because of this trojan!

Anyone else got this issues????

Thanks!!!

Sl@pSh0ck™

@AaSa

as long as you download this fix from nsaneforums we can vouch that it is in fact clean (false positives)

As nivrid says, if you got it from here (or any other legitimate source) then we can assure you it's safe.

The official box, mara-fix does get marked as a potentially unwated application by ESET. You could try turning of the detection of potentially unwanted applications (since they should be named 'probably wanted applications') and then scan the file again ;)

I am a complete noob, i have Vista and the setup for ESS4, would someone let me know if i should

install ess4 and install NODEnabler v 3.2.4 or nodlogin 10c or both??

Thanks in advance

Install NodLogin 10c not both. NodEnabler has been reported to be non-functional on the latest version by some Users. ;)

Install NodLogin 10c not both. NodEnabler has been reported to be non-functional on the latest version by some Users. ;)

thanks!

Deleted

Those who already downloaded new NodEnabler please do not post on others websites. I believe there are spies here from ESET. They are attacking all Fixes. So...decided do not post NodEnabler recovered.

( The main problem : --» Eset is blocking servers more and more and at the end there will be no servers from where people can take username & password !!

I think people from Eset reads all this talk and posts and immediately informs Google to block all listed servers) .

Maybe this sounds selfish but i will create a list from servers just for me .

NodLogin .... is gone

MiNodLogin... same

NodEnabler .... same

Those interested on NodEnabler (Recovered) may PM to me.

Cheers

Jofre

Thanx jofre, loaded up new sites and will let you know how it goes on my end. :dance2:

So where can we find nod enabler 3.4.1 as the link in the fixes section is to an older version.

Thanks...

*EDIT* Nevermind. I figured it out in Jofre's post. Stupid me.

Sl@pSh0ck™

So where can we find nod enabler 3.4.1 as the link in the fixes section is to an older version.

Thanks...

Read above post #1385 by jofre ..

I can confirm that NodLogin works fine in 4.2. ;)

I'd recommend to use some key or Nodlogin/another license program instead of patching/cracking.

It's easier and less prone to issues with updates.

You are welcome !

Don`t forget to disable --» Self-Defense ( Only the 1st Update ! ) or...maybe this is just on WinXP...and ENABLE

again after 1st Update of Virus Signature database.

Cheers

Thanx jofre, loaded up new sites and will let you know how it goes on my end. :dance2:

Well it's been a few days and no problems with sites getting blocked, nodenabler running ok with eav v4.2.

Archived