• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger D

• november_ra1n

• AlexCross

• Ponting

breachinbleach

Hi Mine says perpetual,none, unlimited in the about info.Do I need to do anytrhing else?

Whata about blocking netreg.exe do i need to block this with my fireewall? Thks

I saw that Rollback made an autosnapshot immediately after installation called installation, so if I go back at that time what happen? it will go at the point immediately after rollback was installed? Because I noticed that it has diffenrent icon from the snapshot I did. It's type is Baseline.

Edited by AlexCross

Hi Mine says perpetual,none, unlimited in the about info.Do I need to do anytrhing else?

No! you don't have to do anything. whatever you have mentioned above means you have successfully activated your permanent license.. :)

It's genuine license, so nothing to block.. just enjoy.. :D :D :D

I saw that Rollback made an autosnapshot immediately after installation called installation, so if I go back at that time what happen? it will go at the point immediately after rollback was installed? Because I noticed that it has diffenrent icon from the snapshot I did. It's type is Baseline.

Yes! It will rollback to the point immediately after rollback was installed. It's baseline. you can update your baseline whenever you want or do a major update or major changes to your system.. :) :) :)

13594538.jpg

@AlexCross.. If you have never used RollBack Rx before, You will love it. It's Fast, Fluid and Simple to use. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Caution: never defregment your Rollback Rx protected hdd by any means, otherwise it may destroy your snapshots or baseline..

Thanks, I just reinstalled my Windows 8, and immediately did a defrag with windows defrag, then disabled it, disabled system restore from Windows too, and then I installed RollBack. After that I updated windows (the bastard took like 2 hours to do like 80-90 updates) and then did my own snapshot.

I want to go back in time to the snapshot that includes updates, delete all the snapshot after it, upgrade to W8.1 when will be available and then upgrade my baseline and finally install my 5-6 softwares that I work with, in a new snapshot. Hope I won't fail :))

Edited by AlexCross

Thanks, I just reinstalled my Windows 8, and immediately did a defrag with windows defrag, then disabled it, disabled system restore from Windows too, and then I installed RollBack. After that I updated windows (the bastard took like 2 hours to do like 80-90 updates) and then did my own snapshot.

I want to go back in time to the snapshot that includes updates, delete all the snapshot after it, upgrade to W8.1 when will be available and then upgrade my baseline and finally install my 5-6 softwares that I work with, in a new snapshot. Hope I won't fail :))

One more thing you should do, if you are using Windows 8 manager..,then it's easier to stop check disk at startup, checking disk at startup also sometimes destroys the snapshots..

Just follow the picture below..

13594551.jpg

I don't have W8 Manager installed. Is there any way to do it from Control Panel?

No! :nono:

The easier and safer way to do this is through Windows 8 manager.. :) There are some other ways to disable Disk chk up are through command prompt or some registry tweaks but may be risky.. :think:

No! you don't have to do anything. whatever you have mentioned above means you have successfully activated your permanent license.. :)

Whata about blocking netreg.exe do i need to block this with my fir

So this license is genuine or promo wasn't valid?

Horizon DataSys blocked keys on customer center on offline activation or not?

Why everyone says something different :unsure:

I am happy with Imagex that came with WAIK 3.0, the idea still is to restore the system to its original state.

Edited by metabeta

I don't have W8 Manager installed. Is there any way to do it from Control Panel?

The easier and safer way to do this is through Windows 8 manager.. :) There are some other ways to disable Disk chk up are through command prompt or some registry tweaks but may be risky.. :think:

:(

I don't understand why didn't RollBack do this when it is installed :(. They should consider to do these changes by itself because people, like me, might not know about these problems that can be triggered by Disk Check.

Edited by AlexCross

10.2 will cause instability in the boot, and I in exchange for 10.0 version.

What problem?Can you elaborate?

:(

I don't understand why didn't RollBack do this when it is installed :(. They should consider to do these changes by itself because people, like me, might not know about these problems that can be triggered by Disk Check.

Disk check up and defragmentation are essential for the stability and proper working of hard disk..So , you will have to do it manually time to time bafore making any snap shot. :o

I'm lost, so if I do a disk check manually won't the baseline be destroyed?

I don't quite understand how it fully works, but from what I understand :

No disk check.

No defragmentation (exception the tool from RollBack)

But if I do disck check manually, won't I break one of the above rule?

I just disabled disck check from registry (no big deal, because I have a snapshot before that change).

Edited by AlexCross

10.2 will cause instability in the boot, and I in exchange for 10.0 version.

What problem?Can you elaborate?

sometime can't boot into safemode..

or sometime show error "put windows 7 disc to fix it..."

So. I recommend don't test 10.2... forward to 10.0....

I'm lost, so if I do a disk check manually won't the baseline be destroyed?

I don't quite understand how it fully works, but from what I understand :

No disk check.

No defragmentation (exception the tool from RollBack)

But if I do disck check manually, won't I break one of the above rule?

I just disabled disck check from registry (no big deal, because I have a snapshot before that change).

No no.. I'm just saying whenever after a major windows update or major system changes, you would want to update the Baseline, then before updating the Baseline go through this manual disk checkup and degregmentation .. then make a new Baseline.. :rolleyes:

breachinbleach

OK Thks Roger and Thks November Rain for all the help, the program did the activation on its own I did not click the activate license button,is this normal?

OK Thks Roger and Thks November Rain for all the help, the program did the activation on its own I did not click the activate license button,is this normal?

yup! it's normal... :yes: everything is fine..Enjoy :cheers: