ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 132.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello everybody,

i have installed eset smart security v. 4, and i used the marsu-fix 2.5 and it did not worked. I followed the instructions correctly. So, i uninstalled marsu fix and tried Nodenabler 2.81 and it still did not seems to work.

When i try to update, the program tells me their is no need to update, but i can see that my virus definitions are from begin februari 2009, so that is not good.

Can someone please help me out ? :o

thanks in advance

Just for info,

Using Nodlogin 9.8b with Eset v4 for the past 5days, updating fine with latest virus definition and program modules today. (all in auto)

Using XP Pro SP3 (32bit)

hello everybody,

i have installed eset smart security v. 4, and i used the marsu-fix 2.5 and it did not worked. I followed the instructions correctly. So, i uninstalled marsu fix and tried Nodenabler 2.81 and it still did not seems to work.

When i try to update, the program tells me their is no need to update, but i can see that my virus definitions are from begin februari 2009, so that is not good.

Can someone please help me out ? :o

thanks in advance

Reboot and try again. It took me a few tries before v4 updates using NodEnabler, be patience.

HI ALL... :coolwink:

Read at Page 9 - POST 168..... :o

--------------------------------------------

cheers

Jofre

Reboot and try again. It took me a few tries before v4 updates using NodEnabler, be patience.

I rebooted like 3 times en tried like 4 or 5 times updating ..with no effect. I used the fix NodEnabler and the fix said that the license was valid.. so i don't understand what the problem is. :o

HI ALL... :coolwink:

Read at Page 9 - POST 168..... :o

--------------------------------------------

cheers

Jofre

i don't know how to download from that site..could you plz upload that file at www.megaupload.com ..sot that i can access it.

I rebooted like 3 times en tried like 4 or 5 times updating ..with no effect. I used the fix NodEnabler and the fix said that the license was valid.. so i don't understand what the problem is. :o

Did you follow the instructions in the Readme, to the letter?

I installed ESET Smart Security 4.0.314.0 Final and i applyed Marsufix 2.5 fix with the readme but it needs username and password for update. i entered a user and pass from *snip* but after updating my eset says license valid until 6/7/2009 is it normal at first it was 31 days? :o

I installed ESET Smart Security 4.0.314.0 Final and i applyed Marsufix 2.5 fix with the readme but it needs username and password for update. i entered a user and pass from *snip* but after updating my eset says license valid until 6/7/2009 is it normal at first it was 31 days? :o

Funny thing: I forgot(yes, really) to add(no, I'm not kidding) when to install Marsufix in the readme...

Updated Readme will be on the server in 5 minutes.

Hi guys,

I created new fix for v4. Unfortunately it requires Self-defense to bi disabled. This fix is similar to fix that I created with box, so credits also goes to him.

Name of the fix is : mara- Fix v1.0 for Eset Smart Security/Antivirus

What's new in this fix comparing to old which I created with box:

- It detects if self defense is enabled and if yes it will ask from user to disable it and reboot, if this is not done fix can not be installed.

- Additional Eset services introduced with this version are added, (this will stop asking for username/password like it happens with Marsu fix)

- Easier to remove the fix (just start the fix again and you will be prompted to remove it, click yes and it will be removed)

Note: This fix resets trial to 31 at every computer restart, so you'll need to reboot computer at least once in month.

Note2: If you want to keep Self-Defense active, you will have to disable at at least once in month and reboot so the trial can be reset. After this you can re-enable self-defense again.

Note3: This version will work with Eset v3, too.

If you have any questions, post here, do not PM me!

Download:

Host site: mediafire.com

Sharecode:/download.php?3o2z43mmq3j

Enjoy!

Cheers :o

mara-, thanks for your great work, I will test your fix this evening or tomorrow :shy:

It will be featured on the frontpage if it does what it tells(which I do not doubt).

One initial question: It resets the trial period every reboot, I suppose this happens using an EXE, right? Is it possible(maybe with some modifications) to schedule this EXE(using Windows/ESET scheduler)? It might require you to split the EXE you're using now into two EXEs, but I'm guessing it could work. Please enlighten me :eekout:

One request: Would you mind calling it 'mara-fix 1.0'?

Another question: Does this fix have the problem with the two ESET icons popping up again?

I rebooted like 3 times en tried like 4 or 5 times updating ..with no effect. I used the fix NodEnabler and the fix said that the license was valid.. so i don't understand what the problem is. :eekout:

Did you follow the instructions in the Readme, to the letter?

yes, i did. By the way: is it allowed to write in Dutch? ( i saw your flag) and how can i get a e-mail notification when there is a new post in this topic? :shy:

Tested it, working fine(do have a look at my previous post mara- :shy:), thanks for this!

Going to the frontpage ASAP.

I installed ESET Smart Security 4.0.314.0 Final and i applyed Marsufix 2.5 fix with the readme but it needs username and password for update. i entered a user and pass from *snip* but after updating my eset says license valid until 6/7/2009 is it normal at first it was 31 days? :shy:

Funny thing: I forgot(yes, really) to add(no, I'm not kidding) when to install Marsufix in the readme...

Updated Readme will be on the server in 5 minutes.

where can i get this new readme file? (if i get it, than i can uninstall my cuurent fix and try again your marsu fix)

Tested it, working fine(do have a look at my previous post mara- :shy:), thanks for this!

how do i use that host site? Do i have to register? :wacko:

mara-, thanks for your great work, I will test your fix this evening or tomorrow :shy:

It will be featured on the frontpage if it does what it tells(which I do not doubt).

One initial question: It resets the trial period every reboot, I suppose this happens using an EXE, right? Is it possible(maybe with some modifications) to schedule this EXE(using Windows/ESET scheduler)? It might require you to split the EXE you're using now into two EXEs, but I'm guessing it could work. Please enlighten me :eekout:

One request: Would you mind calling it 'mara-fix 1.0'?

Another question: Does this fix have the problem with the two ESET icons popping up again?

1: Well, yes it uses exe for reset, but I use regedt32.exe to reset it and this is included in every Windows as far as I know. Why do you suggest that we add this to Eset scheduler? You are thinking on scheduled reset, so reboot is not required? I can do this, but I'm not sure will it work, but I can try.

No problem for the name. I'll change it and send it to you, so you can frontpage it. :P

I'm just waiting that you answer on question for scheduler.

Cheers :cheers:

You are thinking on scheduled reset, so reboot is not required? I can do this, but I'm not sure will it work, but I can try.

Yeah, that's right - shought means to say that if you can reset (on schedule) without rebooting and he's got a point, there.

If you could manage to re-create this fix, it would be a rocking success.

Why do you suggest that we add this to Eset scheduler? You are thinking on scheduled reset, so reboot is not required? I can do this, but I'm not sure will it work, but I can try.
Bingo. I, and many I know, very rarely restart my computer, so a scheduled reset would be much better.

@mara

Installed your mara-fix v1.0 on WinXP Pro Corp SP3 32-bit with ESS v4.0.314.0 and it seems to do as it says on the tin! :win:

Once the fix was installed, I rebooted and was able to update the sigs straight away to 3922 with a single click of the update button!

I've set the date ahead in the BIOS and it seems to hold at 31days!

This fix seems to do all it should, thoroughly recommended! :)

I think it may prove useful to have a scheduled reset of the trial as well as a reset on each reboot of the pc?

My main pc is powered 24/7, and whilst it would be unlikely to be powered for a month solid, I think if nothing else seeing the trial kept at a steady 31days would certainly help give a nice warm fuzzy feeling to have a visual indication that the fix is still working, rather than seeing the days count down after the puter had been on for a week and just having to hope for the best that after a restart things come good? :win:

Excellent work though!

agreed I sometimes have my computer running for a full month without restarts so having some sort of method to reset the trial days or keep it at a constant 31 days without a reboot would be great.

It would also be nice if we could get some sort of patch to remove all trial watermarks much to the same as the one Dennis123123 made for v3 if anyone else is up for the task.

Tested it, working fine(do have a look at my previous post mara- ;)), thanks for this!

how do i use that host site? Do i have to register? :wacko:

Just wait until we frontpage mara-'s fix :think:

@mara-: Yes, I meant that :)

I don't think you need to rewrite the program, you just need to compile an EXE that does the same thing as what happens on boot and then we can schedule that EXE(yes, I know I say 'just' whilst I have no idea how hard it might me, but that would be really nice). Maybe you could use the ESET scheduler to schedule it to run every time ESET updates(which ensures the computer is on and ESET updates nearly every day). I believe Marsufix works somewhat like this, not sure though.

If you're not able to create that entry in the scheduler but you can make the EXE that would be very nice also, then I'll just have to write a readme to show users how to ;)

But the first time I ran your fix(after setup) two ESET icons appeared, it isn't very nice if that would happen every time, but we will see what happens. If you made anything just send it to me and I'll Beta test it.

I will have to uninstall your fix and ESET and then try it to make sure another modification I made isn't required :)

I installed ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.314.0 on a clean install.

I use Marsufix 2.5 and everything went fine.

I followed these steps:

1. Uninstall any previously used fix (in my case, Marsufix)

2. Uninstall ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0

3. Reboot

4. Clean the registry with jv16 PowerTools 2009

5. Reboot

6. Install ESET (choose setup username & password later)

7. Uncheck 'Enable Self-defense', click 'Ok'.

(Double-click ESET's logo, switch to Advanced mode, Setup, Advanced Setup, Antivirus and antispyware)

8. Reboot

9. Install Marsufix 2.5

10. Reboot

11. Add all of the servers from this list to the Update servers in your Advanced configuration.

(Double-click ESET's logo, switch to Advanced mode, Setup, Advanced setup, Antivirus and antispyware, Update, Edit and add them there)

Genuine update server list:

* u20.eset.com

* u21.eset.com

* ... (All numbers between)

* u48.eset.com

* u49.eset.com

I also added these servers:

http://u35.eset.com/eset_eval

http://u49.eset.com/eset_eval

12. Select 'Choose automatically' at the Update server drop down box.

13. Update your ESET (This did not work in my first reboot)

It is possible that for the first hour/reboot Marsufix will not work properly, so after you installed it wait at least an hour, reboot your computer and then try to update.

14. Reboot

15. I waited 30 minutes and tried to update ESET again, this time it worked fine.

Pictures to prove it:

a1. My virus definition just updates to 3922 (20090309) without any problem! Check the date :)

esetav.png

a2. The virus definition update keeps updating it flawlessly ! Check the date. 3931 (20090312)

update.png

b1. Remaining Trial Period: 31 days ;)

esetav2.png

b2. Remaining Trial Period went to 30, but now it's on 31 days again :)

trial.png

Marsu-Fix ROCKS !!!

Thank you very kindly marsupilami for your fix,

Hope this helps :think:

P.S: Thank you very much for your reply shought !

Archived