ESET v4 Fixes

shought

before that happens nodlogin will have provided me new username/passwords.. so i think it doesnt really matter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
before that happens nodlogin will have provided me new username/passwords.. so i think it doesnt really matter.

Yeah, but NodLogin can't anticipate keys being blocked, can it?

how can one tell if it actually loaded new user/pass?

you have to have self-defense disablle and reboot then do or each time? or can self defense be enbale now? wasnt sure with all the talk that that one.

when i click on setup it makes the nodlogin in "C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft". i exclude that folder too. it said it received the goods. copy and paste the nodlogin into este which is excluded from scans also. made both schedulers as you did. is there any place inside este that will actually show me the new user/pass or how long its good for?

also had 9.9az installed. i just deleted the setup and nodlogin and ran 9.9b afterwards

@dumble

Fast of you to update the scheduling of nodlogin <_<

Nod32 v4 protects it folder as such you might have problem deleting nodlogin.exe, you need to disable Nod32 v4 first.

That is why the new nodlogin is install in its own folder instead now.

When you schedule nodlogin, you are actually configuring it to run as and when required, not as in scheduling it to run at certain time.

@dumble

Fast of you to update the scheduling of nodlogin <_<

Nod32 v4 protects it folder as such you might have problem deleting nodlogin.exe, you need to disable Nod32 v4 first.

That is why the new nodlogin is install in its own folder instead now.

When you schedule nodlogin, you are actually configuring it to run as and when required, not as in scheduling it to run at certain time.

so have the sceduler go to the new folder instead. okay.

okay with self defense enable i click on the nodlogin 9.9b desktop icon and it found a user/pass. went into este and clickon user/pass setup and the one that nodlogin found is actually in there now.

still havent been able to verify the time/date the user/pass good for. im guessing these are all trial user/pass versions?

This is typical for v4 only, in v2.7 I just copy nodlogin.exe to Eset folder and let it run from there.

It doesn't matter where nodlogin.exe is as long as you point it in the right direction.

this is the key i'm using, and it has never given me trouble ever since I installed nl 9.9 alpha

ulisessoft.info/utilidades/nodlogin/data.php?av=PERU

Yeah, but NodLogin can't anticipate keys being blocked, can it?

No, it can't! But it check whether the existing keys is still valid or not.

NL now has 11 keys in its database....:dance:

there won't be any problems updating now :D

this is the key i'm using, and it has never given me trouble ever since I installed nl 9.9 alpha

Yeah, no problem here too since version 9.xx

ulisessoft.info/utilidades/nodlogin/data.php?av=PERU

okay that is the same user that nodlogin 9,9b found for me also

It's not really smart to schedule it after a successful update, is it? Because if the license would stop working you can't update anymore...

I've thought the same thing, here. However, there's no "after failed update" option 29161164nc8.gif If you come up with an idea that's more applicable, definitely put it out there.

nodlogin will verify with its server on whether the u/p is still valid.

when self defense is enable, one just can't delete anything from Nod32 folder.

one need to disable self defense in order to delete anything from its folder.

I think the change in version of nodlogin is because user cannot delete the older version of it to replace with newer version without disabling self defense.

nodlogin will verify with its server on whether the u/p is still valid.

But, nodlogin can only verify such when it's running, yes? And, it only gets run upon successful update, yes? Therefore, if the un/pass is invalid, it doesn't count as a successful update, causing nodlogin not to run, causing it not to ever check if the u/p was invalid or not.

Is any of that wrong?

Is it that hard to double click the NL shortcut on the desktop, if the update fails?

OK, guys, new version of the fix is finished. I send a message to shought and he should put it on frontpage soon.

What's new in v1.1 of the fix:

- Trial will reset daily without need to reboot (new .exe file is added and it will activate once daily and self-defense still needs to be disabled)

- New .exe will be automatically added to exclusion (Users will need to disable NOD protection before downloading and installing new fix as Eset detects false positive virus, VirusTotal report)

- Improved reset on reboot.

Cheers <_<

I haven't got time to test and check everything now, so I will frontpage it tomorrow/tonight(after a party :angry:).

You guys will just have to wait one more day <_<

Edit: I've just heard that marsupilami is also working on a new fix.

I haven't got time to test and check everything now, so I will frontpage it tomorrow/tonight(after a party :P).

You guys will just have to wait one more day :cheers:

hey shought, i couldn't get the Marsufix 2.5 to work on my computer that was posted there. The trial days kept on going down .... thats why I registered to the forums to discuss this.

As soon as I removed it, rebooted, installed mara-fix 1.0, rebooted it went back to 31 days. :D Which made me happy because its working and holding.

the only question I still have is what is this self-defense in NODS ??and is it safe to have it un-checked !?!?! because look like mara is trying to make it so you dont have to remove that protection.

Can someone tell me if its save to remove it or not, and why.

Thanks again team, nsane is some kicka$$ forums :cheers: :dance2: :wacko:

I haven't got time to test and check everything now, so I will frontpage it tomorrow/tonight(after a party :P).

You guys will just have to wait one more day :cheers:

hey shought, i couldn't get the Marsufix 2.5 to work on my computer that was posted there. The trial days kept on going down .... thats why I registered to the forums to discuss this.

As soon as I removed it, rebooted, installed mara-fix 1.0, rebooted it went back to 31 days. :D Which made me happy because its working and holding.

the only question I still have is what is this self-defense in NODS ??and is it safe to have it un-checked !?!?! because look like mara is trying to make it so you dont have to remove that protection.

Can someone tell me if its save to remove it or not, and why.

Thanks again team, nsane is some kicka$$ forums :cheers: :dance2: :wacko:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use Nodlogin 9.9b, which is on Frontpage with explanation done by @kotaxor about how to schedule it (Nodlogin )then you dont need to disable Self-defense. I dont like that too. All others "medicines" need to disable Self-Defense for now.

With ESET self-defense disabled, your computer isn`t prepared to avoid that an expert hacker can enter on your PC.

That can happens even if some people say that is a remote possibility.

cheers

Jofre

because look like mara is trying to make it so you dont have to remove that protection.

Sorry, but that is not possible, at least for now. Self defense will have to stay disabled with upcoming v1.1 fix.

With ESET self-defense disabled, your computer isn`t prepared to avoid that an expert hacker can enter on your PC.

Sorry jofre, but that is wrong info. Self-defense is only to protect Eset product from modifying, it wont protect your PC. If hacker gets to your computer avoiding NOD32 then there is no point in protecting product itself. Eset need to protect your computer and not itself. Also, if any of medicine we are making can work with self defense enabled, where is the point here? If we can avoid the self defense then ESET failed with this feature, which again is not very useful. Maybe they just made it so that users are afraid of disabling it and in that way to minimize usage of medicines. Previous versions of this products worked just fine without this feature. Why would anybody now be afraid with it disabled?

Cheers ;)

Sorry jofre, but that is wrong info. Self-defense is only to protect Eset product from modifying, it wont protect your PC. If hacker gets to your computer avoiding NOD32 then there is no point in protecting product itself. Eset need to protect your computer and not itself. Also, if any of medicine we are making can work with self defense enabled, where is the point here? If we can avoid the self defense then ESET failed with this feature, which again is not very useful. Maybe they just made it so that users are afraid of disabling it and in that way to minimize usage of medicines. Previous versions of this products worked just fine without this feature. Why would anybody now be afraid with it disabled?

Cheers ;)

I think and that's only my point of view but when u disable self-protection there is a risk someone will write virus exactly for nod and compromise your security like it was with Kaspersky when someone put virus inside of installer. Also when product have self defense disabled it's very easy to make a code which first disable nod and then start doing bad stuff on pc.

As far I remember previous nod version got only about 30% of self protection when Kaspersky's got more than 95%.

So when your AV can't protect itself how it could protect you ? It's like with woman which can't cook - how she's gonna fed you ? ;)

marsupilami

No´t being here 4 a wille.... but I have a new fix... 2.6

take´t slow... mara and me will get u a fix

@mara-

"Sorry jofre, but that is wrong info. Self-defense is only to protect Eset product from modifying"

Surely the knock-on effect from ESET defending itself more thoroughly means greater protection for the users pc? If ESET's product is compromised this is also bad news for the user!

Having said this, I am sure that Self-Defence is something most of us could live without as we have through versions 2.x and 3.x ;)

It would be nice to have Self-Defence enabled but I would imagine that it would mean patching ESET program files or using a loader to achieve this?

marsupilami

Cheers ;)

I think and that's only my point of view but when u disable self-protection there is a risk someone will write virus exactly for nod and compromise your security like it was with Kaspersky when someone put virus inside of installer. Also when product have self defense disabled it's very easy to make a code which first disable nod and then start doing bad stuff on pc.

As far I remember previous nod version got only about 30% of self protection when Kaspersky's got more than 95%.

So when your AV can't protect itself how it could protect you ? It's like with woman which can't cook - how she's gonna fed you ? ;)

I think... when U install windows there is a risk someone will write virus exactly for U.....hmmmm

What ever U do ... U R a loser

Get linux instead... or deal with it

Marsu

Archived