ESET v4 Fixes

shought

I don't add it to the second post because this topic is only regarding V4 :dance2: TemDono doesn't work on V4, does it?(Honestly don't know, I suppose not)

For V3 the best solution(IMO) is still the Marsufix 2.5, still working perfect on two systems at my home.

Some other guy, and me, have already mentioned that TemDono works with v4. It works under xp and windows 7 (so I guess and under vista). That was the second time that I mentioned it works. And it doesn't need any special procedure but the one used for v3

Which is:

1) Get install Eset NOD32 32bits.

2) Get install this FiX and restart your computer.

3) Update the virus definitions.

4) The remaining period of test always will be of 31 days.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 132.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a sharecode for the version of TemDono thats working?

Thanks

I don't add it to the second post because this topic is only regarding V4 :dance2: TemDono doesn't work on V4, does it?(Honestly don't know, I suppose not)

For V3 the best solution(IMO) is still the Marsufix 2.5, still working perfect on two systems at my home.

Some other guy, and me, have already mentioned that TemDono works with v4. It works under xp and windows 7 (so I guess and under vista). That was the second time that I mentioned it works. And it doesn't need any special procedure but the one used for v3

Which is:

Ok guys, I just installed ESET V4 following the steps with NodLogin and NodEnabler and it's 100% working! First I forgot to reboot after disabling Self-defense, but it is really necessary.

You guys need to tell me something :dance2:

1. What is the difference between the 4 modes NodLogin has(Normal, Manual, Hidden and Proxy)?

2. What is the difference between NodLogin and NodEnabler?

3. Is there a way in which one of those will NOT show and icon in the task bar, even not when updating the license?

4. Do you HAVE TO schedule NodLogin/NodEnabler, or will they schedule themselves to run after .. minutes?

Thanks for the info.

shought, I think this was explained by Jofre many moons ago. :D (item 1 and 2)

Nodlogin manual was in Spanish, I can't read Spanish....maybe Jofre can help.

What I have done is to 'always hide' in the notification, as such, Nodlogin's icon never show at all. (Whether it is updating or not)

I schedule Nodlogin so that I do not need to manually click update when keys expired, as such the tutorial in the Tutorial page.

What I have done is to install v4 over v3 and keeping all the setting of v3 while installing v4.

After installing, all the schedule, virus definitions, exclusions remains intact.

After tweaking v4 (you know, the Self-defense) and REBOOTING, Nod32 v4 updates fine with the latest definition and continue to auto

updates as what I have set (ie every 60mins).

For the past two days, v4 updating is normal as in v3. Nodlogin is automatically enable when required.

Of course, I have permanently disable Self-defense.

kingkinght60

Well with nodlogin 9.7 i installed 'hidden' mode so Im trying that with nod32 v4...

rebooting, brb and ill tell u if it works

Which is:

Thanks for your patience, I'll try it out and then add it to the second post :unsure:

shought, I think this was explained by Jofre many moons ago. ;) (item 1 and 2)

What I have done is to 'always hide' in the notification, as such, Nodlogin's icon never show at all. (Whether it is updating or not)

I schedule Nodlogin so that I do not need to manually click update when keys expired, as such the tutorial in the Tutorial page.

What I have done is to install v4 over v3 and keeping all the setting of v3 while installing v4.

After installing, all the schedule, virus definitions, exclusions remains intact.

After tweaking v4 (you know, the Self-defense) and REBOOTING, Nod32 v4 updates fine with the latest definition and continue to auto

For the past two days, v4 updating is normal as in v3. Nodlogin is automatically enable when required.

Thanks for the explanation ;)

I have edited your post with the download links for NodLogin, we provide the latest NodLogin on our frontpage ;) NodEnabler is also on our frontpage.

I have edited your post with the download links for NodLogin, we provide the latest NodLogin on our frontpage :unsure: NodEnabler is also on our frontpage.

Sure! No problem. ;)

yup i confirm that v4 here is working fine with TemDono fix. Installed yesterday and the days are still at 30!

thanks for the help

kingkinght60
Well with nodlogin 9.7 i installed 'hidden' mode so Im trying that with nod32 v4...

Nope, didn't work

Nope, didn't work

Did you disable Self-defense and REBOOT! What OS are you using?

hmm....my signature database is at 3911 and online it says 3913...and im using nodlogin 9.8 beta inserts the keys like normal but when i update nothing happens...hmmmm ill c wut happens if i w8 till l8r on today...ill post any changes

Could I second docjynx's request for a share code for TemDono please :)

I must have spent an hour last night combing through the forum and nsane-site looking for a download link for TemDono but couldn't see anything? :s

Could someone say how TemDono does what it does? is it just a registry thing?

Is there a reason that you haven't given TemDono the same time of day that you have all the other fixes that can easily be found here? i.e. is it not as good? or is it just that TemDono is created by someone that's not a member here?

Since the arrival of version 3.x I don't know why people have bothered to use things like Nodlogin? I have happily used BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 which has worked flawlessly with NO interaction required from me! It has automatically updated me - usually every day - with no trouble at all! :D

However two weeks ago for the first time ESS started asking for a username & password :( I un-installed/re-installed and it is working again though I realise this may be a temporary thing, as they may catch up to me again, but I surely hope a new fix arrives for version 4.x that has been as unbeatable as BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 has been!!

Could someone tell me why un-installing/re-installing can make it work again? I'd have thought if they'd modified the trial servers then I'd be shut-out completely? :s

When you get locked out do ESET modify anything on a users PC?

cheers

Could I second docjynx's request for a share code for TemDono please :)

I must have spent an hour last night combing through the forum and nsane-site looking for a download link for TemDono but couldn't see anything? :s

Could someone say how TemDono does what it does? is it just a registry thing?

Is there a reason that you haven't given TemDono the same time of day that you have all the other fixes that can easily be found here? i.e. is it not as good? or is it just that TemDono is created by someone that's not a member here?

Since the arrival of version 3.x I don't know why people have bothered to use things like Nodlogin? I have happily used BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 which has worked flawlessly with NO interaction required from me! It has automatically updated me - usually every day - with no trouble at all! :D

However two weeks ago for the first time ESS started asking for a username & password :( I un-installed/re-installed and it is working again though I realise this may be a temporary thing, as they may catch up to me again, but I surely hope a new fix arrives for version 4.x that has been as unbeatable as BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 has been!!

Could someone tell me why un-installing/re-installing can make it work again? I'd have thought if they'd modified the trial servers then I'd be shut-out completely? :s

When you get locked out do ESET modify anything on a users PC?

cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------

Only one thing I can tell you at this moment because right now I am in a hurry ( dinner-time ) and is :- Forget Temdono 1.2 that stopped working after version 3.0.642 . Those 2 who said it works with version 4 were joking with people here.

cheers

Jofre

----------------------------------------------------------------

Only one thing I can tell you at this moment because right now I am in a hurry ( dinner-time ) is :- Forget Temdono 1.2 that stopped working after version 3.0.642 . Those 2 who said it works with version 4 were joking with people here.

cheers

Jofre

Lol, you serious? I'm going to test it ASAP.

As to why using NodLogin/NodEnabler rather than a Trial fix, it's just that with NodLogin/NodEnabler you don't have to worry about delayed updates at peak times, but you're right, I always took Trial fixes rather than NodLogin/NodEnabler. If Temdono 1.2 is working for ESET V4 I'd be happy to switch to it.

And not, it's not because not someone on this forum created it, but it's because it isn't confirmed working yet :)

I switched from EAV to ESS, and nodlogin seems to be working like a charm (with self-defense disabled) :)

Hi

I am using Eset SS 4.0.314

Installed NodLogin 9.8b and tried to update but no success.

Got a license from one of the Chinese site's and updated successfully. (3915 - 20090306)

Can anyone tell me the differences between the trial version patches and patches that introduces licenses?

Do they download the signatures from the same server?

Is this an Eset server or some personal server?

Cheers

Have you read the Readme that came with NodLogin and followed the instructions to the letter...?

If not I suggest you do that and come back afterwards to tell us how nicely it's working ;)

Ok guys, I just installed ESET V4 following the steps with NodLogin and NodEnabler and it's 100% working! First I forgot to reboot after disabling Self-defense, but it is really necessary.

You guys need to tell me something ;)

1. What is the difference between the 4 modes NodLogin has(Normal, Manual, Hidden and Proxy)?

2. What is the difference between NodLogin and NodEnabler?

3. Is there a way in which one of those will NOT show and icon in the task bar, even not when updating the license?

4. Do you HAVE TO schedule NodLogin/NodEnabler, or will they schedule themselves to run after .. minutes?

Thanks for the info.

shought, I think this was explained by Jofre many moons ago. :P (item 1 and 2)

1.) Normal mode schedules nodlogin to run via nod32 task scheduler or possibly windows startup folder as well. As of 9.8 beta and above, manual mode is the recommended mode since there are stupid people who keep running nodlogin every hour and it uses too much bandwidth from the nodlogin server which is why it crashed recently with v9.7.

Manual mode never schedules anything, you have to execute it when you want.

Hidden mode is supposed to not display the icon in the system tray however I don't know if it really works.

Proxy mode is for nodlogin to connect through a proxy server but you need to configure a special proxy.ini file with the proxy settings for it to work. The documentation no longer provides details on how to configure this.

2.) NodLogin and NodEnabler is the same shit except different piles. They both do the same thing, but use different servers to pull data from and was made by different groups of coders.

3.) Use the /s switch for NodEnabler to run in silent mode.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\ESET\nodenable.exe" /s

Use the /o switch for NodLogin to run in silent mode.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\ESET\nodlogin.exe" /o

4.) See answer for Q1. If you use Vista then the preferred method is to use the Vista Task Scheduler as it is much more powerful than the one inside nod32. Also there are problems with permissions when nod32 executes external programs that prevent nod32 from executing certain types of code like .vbs scripts. I had uploaded generic .xml files to import to Vista Task Scheduler in previous threads where they are set to optimally execute only when an internet connection is available among other enhancements that are not possible when using the nod32 task scheduler. If anyone needs them again I will re upload, just let me know. If you have XP then stick to the nod32 task scheduler because windows xp task scheduler is a piece of shit.

NodEnabler only schedules itself to run on user logon from the startup folder located on the start menu. It does this automatically without asking.

hmm....my signature database is at 3911 and online it says 3913...and im using nodlogin 9.8 beta inserts the keys like normal but when i update nothing happens...hmmmm ill c wut happens if i w8 till l8r on today...ill post any changes

don't worry, there is something wrong at Eset side, I try to update manually too, and it say my definition is up to date.

But it update automatically after a few hours.

Stupid question, after nodenabler is installed and is added to exclusions, is it safe to re-enable self-defense?

no, because i think nodenabler will be picked up by nod32 when enabler tries to modify

Stupid question, after nodenabler is installed and is added to exclusions, is it safe to re-enable self-defense?

no, because i think nodenabler will be picked up by nod32 when enabler tries to modify

self-defense prevent nod32 files for being modify. If you re-enable it, it just mean that if your u/p is blacklisted, nodenabler will not be able to insert new u/p into nod32.

You'll need to disable self-defense again in order for nodenabler to insert new u/p.

Sounds like "self defense" is more for Eset's benefit that ours. ;) At least they made it optional.

damn i see that todays the days remaning are 29!

so yeah guess Temdono 1.2 doesnt really work or maybe did i screw something installing it?

Archived