dcs18

I'm afraid all of these Desktop Docks might consume some resources as they're required to startup with Windows. :(

I don't find any impact - somebody on a more lower-end system might be a better judge, though.

• Replies 691
  • Views 98.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't care about resources if I were not suffering the heating issue. If something uses the CPU 5% continuously, ah man, system goes on flames. Can't watch BRrip movies as they goes high on CPU, about 15%.

This issue is really pissing me off.

You need to reformat, repartition and finally reconfigure your system - your Windows 7 is under a unduly heavy payload. :(

I think you personally booked heavy losses when I destroyed the tutorial on "How To Install Windows 8" which would've covered partitioning (GPT and MBR, as well - for Windows 8 & Windows 7, respectively.) :thumbsdown:

You are right. I've to reformat with win 7 x64 to have a BIOS update.

What may be the cause of heavy payload? Any guesses?

No guesses, one of the major reasons was underlined in my previous post - you need to also sanitize your system (fuckfox is never incidental - it's always the symptom of collateral damage.) :lol:

You gotta also cleanup all the bloat from your 'Add or remove programs.' :think:

Well, fcukfox was the ghost created by me with restorator :rofl:

Well, if we talk about partitions, MBR allows 4 partitions, right? And I have 4 visible partitions and there is one hidden 100 MB system reserved one. Don't tell me that this 5 partition config on MBR heating my system up. If MBR can't allow practically or theoritically (whatever it is) more than 4 partitions, then why the fcuk does it allow that exceeding amount. Last time, in my crashed HDD, I had 6 partitions (ignorant of this MBR sh!t).

So, having more than 4 partitions in MBR, what kind of error symptoms or problem we can get?

Yes, MBR has a theoretical cap of 4 partitions and GPT manages 100 easily (despite the fact that I'm on GPT - check how many partitions you see in my screenshot.)

Yeah, I can see 2 visible partitions in yours.

I was asking, when MBR shows that it can't handle more than 4 partitions?

I was asking, when MBR shows that it can't handle more than 4 partitions?

I wish it would - it will screw your happiness when you least expect it to.

BTW, you don't have just 4 partitions - checkout for yourself under 'Disk management.'

I know that. I've told arleady that there is a hidden 100 MB system reserved partition.

I was asking, at what circumstances MAR will screw me up if I have more than 4 partitions? And, why it allows creating more than 4 partitions if it can't handle it properly?

@dcs18

for the first, we need to make a system restore, right?

from your procedure, there's no need to install restorator. so, when do we need this?

which one of theme do you prefer, v1 or v2 (from Mr GRiM)?

I think I'll try it tonight. ^_^

I just bored with current theme -_-

@dcs18

from your procedure, there's no need to install restorator. so, when do we need this?

I'm his assistant. I can answer some of your queries.

• It's always a good practice to do a system restore before dealing with the things that deals with the system files.
  • You won't be needing restorator, not now, not in future (if you don't want to modify resources to have a desired custom look)
  • The preference is up to you. This is about look, not about performance, so choose whatever you like.

yes, you're the next configurator

sorry, I mean icon installer v1 or v2, but okay, I'll look more into it. :)

rudrax, thanks for the reply ^_^

yes, you're the next configurator

sorry, I mean icon installer v1 or v2, but okay, I'll look more into it. :)

rudrax, thanks for the reply ^_^

I haven't used the icon installer. I've modded resources with restorator for that. It's painful though.

If v1 and v2 designates different color, use the one matching with your theme and if they designate updated program version, then use v2.

Yeah, I see rudrax has addressed your queries:-

@dcs18

A system restore might be fine - I'd personally prefer a 3rd party backup.

Restorator is no longer required - it's for Enthusiasts who have the time & inclination for a manual mod. per resources (all 66 of them.).

I'd go with V2 - it has an additional option of TopShell (which I don't use - but, like to keep for the sake of Customers who prefer it.)

Wow . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I see 5 browsers!!! :o

Wow . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I see 5 browsers!!! :o

Yeah, I have to keep IE and opera for some educational sites as they don't support others. Chromium is on test. Icedragon runs cooler than Firefox. Firefox, can't just leave it. BTW, how is the dock?

The dock is good - circular ones are always innovative (I see you now have SnagIt - that's a great value-addition.) :)

The dock is good - circular ones are always innovative (I see you now have SnagIt - that's a great value-addition.) :)

I was about to uninstall snagIt. Kind of creepy to understand its functions. Now, as you've recommended it, I will try to understand it.

Archived