Windows 7 testing

bearoninternet

OMG, I don't know what I did but my Win7Ux64 (real) restarted in 36 seconds. That's a record. I better take a snapshot of it.

Oh whoa...mine is 40 sec, you managed to bootup 4 sec faster.

Well done.;)

My record is also 40. But the average is between 45-50.

• Replies 330
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an update from Microsoft today.....Update for Windows 7 (KB974332)

Installation date: ‎23/‎9/‎2009 9:06 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues with non-compatible applications for Windows 7. For complete details of this update, see Knowledge Base Article KB974332. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/974332'>http://support.microsoft.com/KB/974332

Help and Support:

http://support.microsoft.com

It was leaked earlier... guess the official update is beginning.

I got this update very silently. Couldn't notice it being updated after checking the installed updates... it's good to see it's being updated and that the update is working.

I got this update very silently. Couldn't notice it being updated after checking the installed updates... it's good to see it's being updated and that the update is working.

I got the update too. Still loving W7 x64 Ultimate, (although any of the versions starting with HP and above are all great).

I'm going to be hosting a very small W7 launch party in Oct. MS is sending me a "party pack" for it. Among other things I get a free copy with retail key of W7 Ultimate as a reward for doing this. Should be fun.

I would like to add this:

Today, I did a Memory Diagnostic Test.....just for the fun of it.

After the test....it took about 10 to 15 minutes, I found that Windows 7 boot up faster, about 10 sec less time.

Gonna to try it on another pc to verify.

Maybe someone could try it out and report.

Just type "mem" in the search box and click on Windows Memory Diagnostic, and click the Restart now and check for problem.

After the test....it took about 10 to 15 minutes, I found that Windows 7 boot up faster, about 10 sec less time.

Just type "mem" in the search box and click on Windows Memory Diagnostic, and click the Restart now and check for problem.

Untrue in my case. Far from 10 seconds... I booted in 49s, which is between the average boot time for me (45-50s).

By the way, did you have any memory errors? I didn't... maybe that's why I didn't feel the effect.

Untrue in my case. Far from 10 seconds... I booted in 49s, which is between the average boot time for me (45-50s).

By the way, did you have any memory errors? I didn't... maybe that's why I didn't feel the effect.

No memory error.....it seem to work only on my Quad Core pc...

It does not work on my Pentium 4 pc

My Quad Core now boot up in about 30 - 35 sec (from previous 40sec)

My Pentium 4 boot up in about 50 sec ( remain the same)

Maybe it something else which I had done....gonna to re-trace my steps.

Just for info....I am using ReadyBoost..also

OK, I got my Win7x64 to boot in 27 seconds (no, it was not on standby). I made a special hack that disabled the Windows Activation. So in theory, not having to check the licensing really speed things up. I am testing it now for stability. :dance2:

OK, I got my Win7x64 to boot in 27 seconds (no, it was not on standby). I made a special hack that disabled the Windows Activation. So in theory, not having to check the licensing really speed things up. I am testing it now for stability. :dance2:

------------------------------------------------------------

Great Work BOX !

27 seconds will be probably " The Win7Boot World Record " for many years !

I installed Windows 7 v.6.1.7600.16385, just to see if loaders I got here and there would work and Win7 was Activated using =Hazar`s 7 Activation= (just tried this one)

So everything was easy, except the Modem HUAWEI Smartax MT882. Drivers I have in CDrom are only for XP and I can`t reach NET.

Probably have to buy a new Modem that do not need drivers. A Speedtouch of something...

Maybe I`ll wait a little bit more to see if HUAWEI will release new drivers for W7.

After all, WinXP is working fine.

Cheers

Jofre

Will you share it ? :dribble:

Well, I installed it on a netbook and another old machine P4 1.8. It did not appear to be any faster (I clocked it.) However, on my netbook, I used the soft mod activation before and decided to uninstall it first. Now, I can not get rid of the desktop watermark (not genuine). On the other 2 PC without any activation mod, there was no watermark after the my hack. CRAP! :frusty:

Well, I installed it on a netbook and another old machine P4 1.8. It did not appear to be any faster (I clocked it.) However, on my netbook, I used the soft mod activation before and decided to uninstall it first. Now, I can not get rid of the desktop watermark (not genuine). On the other 2 PC without any activation mod, there was no watermark after the my hack. CRAP! :frusty:

Try these box..

I suggest u try the attached one first and if it doesn't do the job, remove it and use the one upped on mediafire.. http://www.mediafire.com/?zroow4ku0mj

I'd be more careful w/ the 2nd tho.

RemoveWatermark_20090509.zip

Hey box,

Disabling Activation....

Reserved

This should disable the sppsvc.

But will it decrease the bootup time? Not sure.

Hey box,

Disabling Activation....

This should disable the sppsvc.

But will it decrease the bootup time? Not sure.

Yes, I have successfully done it now. See below.

Post #648

I will run your bat file and see. Stay tune!

Added: Yes, this method works also. My bad, the Windows Update doesn't work.

My method allows Windows to update.

Added: Ok, here is the scoop. My hack does reduce the boot time to 27 seconds. I have tested by installing and removing my hack and rebooting. However, it doesn't allow ALL of the Windows Update. I just noticed this. So, Daz is what I am sticking with. Now that I know how to make it boot faster, I am wondering if I can use it with Daz..

Try these box..

I suggest u try the attached one first and if it doesn't do the job, remove it and use the one upped on mediafire.. http://www.mediafire.com/?zroow4ku0mj

I'd be more careful w/ the 2nd tho.

I haven't tried the above but I have successfully removed the water marks (not genuine) without patching. Thanks.

Added: The first one works. The second did not get rid of everything.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

I figured i'd add something since i have been running win7 (x64) on both my modded desktop which i updated my signature for, and my Lenovo - T400 which didn't need modded as the slic 2.1 is embedded in the bios i used Daz's activator v. 1.6.7 slic method on both systems the only thing on my desktop not yet supported was asus's away mode or asus live according to the bios so i just disabled it, install was fast and easy on my raid partion after backing the whole system up to a sata external 1.5tb and doing a clean install. the lenovo laptop on the other hand is missing 2 device drivers, and ati graphics driver, but the intergraded intel driver was picked up, talk about crap and the fact that lenovo has yet to release even a beta of TVSU fo rwindows is annoying even though the 3.14 version for vista works fine, i'll probly do a fresh install when the lenovo release's a windows 7 supported copy of TVSU. Otherwise loving the performance

Win 7 (x64) Experinece index scores:

Desktop in Sig: 5.9

Lenovo T400: 3.4

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 6 Windows Update for Windows 7 today....installed without problem.

-Security Update for Windows 7 (KB975467)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:26 PM

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to cause the affected system to stop responding. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

-Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - October 2009 (KB890830)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:26 PM

After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.

-Security Update for Windows 7 (KB974571)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:24 PM

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to misrepresent a system action or behavior without the knowledge of the user. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 (KB974455)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:24 PM

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

-Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 7 (KB973525)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:23 PM

Security issues have been identified in ActiveX controls that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

-Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Installation date: ‎14/‎10/‎2009 6:23 PM

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

hello, I have a laptop with C2D T5xxx 2.0 ghz and 3 gig of ram. The graphic card is a lame one, intel graphic x3100 and I believe that is the thing that slow everything in windows 7.

If I installed x64 on that laptop, will I able to benefit the x64? Also, will I able to dual boot with x86 like I am doing now?

The main benefit of x64 (at the present time) lies in its ability to address (use) more than 3 GB of ram. Therefore, although you can run it on a system with 3 GB ram, you will not see much, if any, benefit from it over the x86 version. If I were in your shoes, I would only install the x64 version if I was planning in the not too distant future on adding an extra GB of ram (very cheap now from someplace like newegg.com) to bring the installed ram up to 4 GB. (Since you only have 2 slots for adding ram, you would have to buy a 2 GB module and I believe it needs to exactly match the specs of your current 2 GB ram module to enable dual channel operation.)

Thanks for the explanation. That is also what I thought, there will be no significant improvement unless I plan to go over 4gb ram.

I will stick on 3gb ram because mentioned before, the graphic card is slowing everything down. The bad part, I can't upgrade since it is built in motherboard with no extra slot available.

I am upgrading my mac book pro from xp pro 32-bit to 7 64-bit and I have a few questions:

I have a external hdd that I keep all kinds of programs, video, photos, ect. By changing to 7 I should not run into any problems with my external correct?

Enterprise allows for volume license keys, Ultimate does not. I do not plan on using the media center features... Any other advantages/disadvantages I should consider?

Do all the current cracks edit the bios? Will that change with the final (non RTM) release? I am using a mac book... which uses Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI).

Any other thoughts going from 32-bit to 64-bit, 7 on a mac book,ect.

Thanks

There should be no problems with the external hard drive but I can't answer the other questions. I know nothing about cracking win 7 and nothing about macs. Hopefully someone else can help you with those other questions.

Archived