Windows 7 testing

bearoninternet

Hope it works for you soon....time is of essence.

---------------------------------

I am prepared to mod Bios now, but first I want to see how " Macro$$$ " is going to react. I think they can win so much money that they don`t care about a few thousand people using loaders. « Power for the poor too ! »

...and all the best for you !

Right now you can hold off indefinitely via by making Win7 stay a trial forever. Please see Win7 Fixes.

Also if you have a .edu email address in the U.S. or U.K, I believe you can purchase a legit copy of w7 HP or Pro for ~$30. Just google it, if you know someone in the U.S. who has a .edu address who could help you. The key comes via email to the .edu address that is used.

• Replies 330
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I say time is of essence....I meant jofre age.:rolleyes:

Look....he is more than 90....not much time to play with 7.:pope: lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to install windows 7, so far I have downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate AIO Activated (torrent file by ORBIT), based on the txt file, it seems that this would use HAZAR'S activation script. I am planning to do an upgrade (I currently have vista home basic genuine) instead of a clean install. I want to hear some suggestions before I go ahead with this plan. Thanks.

Would prefer a clean install.

You are not able to upgrade if I remember correctly unless you mess with the files a bit.

Would prefer a clean install.

You are not able to upgrade if I remember correctly unless you mess with the files a bit.

Thanks for the prompt reply KotaXor. I have already run Microsoft's upgrade advisor and so far most of the programs I have in my laptop appear to be compatible with Windows 7, the upgrade advisor gave me 4 programs that are not compatible and would uninstall them first before doing the upgrade.

What concerns me though is the torrent file that I've downloaded, would it work as promised (activated)? I have read mixed comments on that torrent file that's why.

I was able to upgrade a Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate.. I heard that cross upgrading .. say from Vista Basic to 7 Ultimate could not be done.. so I dunno in your case..They also noted that some of the quirky-ness of Vista could bleed over to your 7 install.. but as far as the one I did.. it seemed to greatly improve it..

I had quite a few upgrades to do.. had to redo some of the customizations.. so it could be a good idea to make an 'Image' of your HD if you have the space to do so beforehand.. if your just doing the upgrade if you cross-upgrading then I would say do the same thing but keep it on external hardware.. so that you can pull your resources from there should you need them..

Anywa pop in the disk after that and wait.. it should do all of the stuff for you..The new startup screen really got me this time.. I looked like one of those anime dolls with the huge sparkling eyes..:lmao: . But yeah wish you luck.. was pretty easy.. Mine won't as I am on XP.. and it will take a complete fresh install..fresh everything.. I think I still may wait untili get the proper hardware.. 7 is a better answer.. but my system was built around XP.. so many features that won't be there.. and I like that stuff...

7 tends to run quite well on old hardware. In many cases it's more efficient and quicker than even XP. I put it on my old T42p laptop (my backup machine) and it's quite surprising to me how snappy it is on that 4 or 5 year old machine.

Yeah I experienced the same thing on a machine made in 1999..even with 512MB RAM..single core.. and 32 MB video.. the OS still ran okay.. I had also installed Vista Ultimate on the same machine as I mentioned above.. XP was original.. which was okay but still has/had problems with video..Vista after it was tweaked to death.. ran fine.. and 7 even better.. Still have some issues with DirectX related things since it is s old.. and not capable.. but it runs quite smoothly.. I tweaked it as well.. did a few litle custom things to it using the new O&O Clever Cache.. but for some reason.. it seems as though the old Clever Cache seemed to do something little better.. Tempted to do a roll back..or uninstall the re-install the older version..

I had a copy of Orbit AIO Ultimate and had it installed on a HP Compaq old computer. It auto activate and working well till date...no problem so far.

But as it is using the older loader...I am still monitoring it (anyway, it belong to a good friend).

Just in case M$ find a way to deactivate it.

If they do...you can always use Daz's loader to re-activate it again.

Hope this helps!

As for upgrading from Vista home premium to Windows 7 Ultimate...well...you can always try.

I, too had Vista home basic and when I tried to upgrade, my pc does not allow me to do so.

I think its due to the manufacturer of the pc and not m$.

Cause you must remember that Windows 7 requires SLIC 2.1 (which also works for Vista)

Whereas Vista requires only SLIC 2.0

I finally had to do a clean install.

I had a copy of Orbit AIO Ultimate and had it installed on a HP Compaq old computer. It auto activate and working well till date...no problem so far.

But as it is using the older loader...I am still monitoring it (anyway, it belong to a good friend).

Just in case M$ find a way to deactivate it.

If they do...you can always use Daz's loader to re-activate it again.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Kotaxor for confirming that it is actually working (so far), I think I'm ready to upgrade to win7 by tomorrow... bye bye vista .... if ever after 2 days you guys don't hear from me that means I messed up everything :frusty: Wish me luck guys ^_^

Ha.haha Don't worry....that should not happen.

Windows 7 is so much easily install when compare to XP or Vista.

And less time too..:lol:

For your info:

After installing Windows 7...there will be a folder in the root dir called "Windows.old"

This is where all your previous data is kept.

You can delete it after retrieving your necessary data.

Good Luck!

For your info:

After installing Windows 7...there will be a folder in the root dir called "Windows.old"

This is where all your previous data is kept.

You can delete it after retrieving your necessary data.

Good Luck!

Bro luck is not on my side ... after upgrading to W7 ... my laptop would not boot anymore ... it was stuck in asking me to boot to W7 or loopback to my old OS when choose W7 it prompts me that the installation failed and I must restart my pc ... if I choose loopback .. it says there was an error in the upgrade then it would restart and back to those choices. I ended up using my recovery disk and i'm back to my good old vista. :frusty:

Try a clean install instead as was suggested.

Would do, I think my iso file was corrupted in some way, I'm downloading it again and will try a clean install instead. Thanks.

@Kotaxor

I was able to do a clean install of W7 ... I'm amazed how fast it is ... thanks for the tips.

I have a big problem and long story short: Whenever I open an EXE File or a shortcut 7-Zip opens it.

How do I turn back?

EDIT: Fixed it by removing the 7-Zip folder on Program files and moving it to the desktop and using Revo to remove 7-Zip's registry entries. Restart and then install 7-Zip and move the folder that I put on the desktop back to program files to keep all my settings.

I am in the process of reinstalling some of my games after a clean install of Win7 Ultimate, so far here is the list of those games that will work in windows 7 (tested)

- Left4dead

- Counterstrike 1.6

- Rome total war (barbarian invasion and Alexander included)

I will post more as soon as I'm done downloading and reinstalling them. Please feel free to post games that you have tested to work on windows 7.

Update:

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero Hour would not install on my laptop ... I'm using daemon tools to mount the iso image, but installer won't run :(

Archived