• Replies 330
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Install Windows 7 Professional without Product Key

- Untick Option 'Activate Windows when I'm Online'

- Complete Installation of Windows 7 Professional

- From START menu, ACCESSORIES, run "COMMAND PROMPT" as admin

(Right click the "COMMAND PROMPT" icon, select "Run as Admin" from the sub-menu)

In Command Prompt (Admin mode) dialog, type

slmgr.vbs -ipk FJ82H-XT6CR-J8D7P-XQJJ2-GPDD4

- Setup your Internet access, then

- From START menu, ACCESSORIES, run "COMMAND PROMPT" as admin

(Right click the "COMMAND PROMPT" icon, select "Run as Admin" from the sub-menu)

In Command Prompt (Admin mode) dialog, type

slmgr.vbs -skms kmsr2.dynalias.com

wait for confirmation that the KMS Server has been set, then type

slmgr.vbs -ato

wait for few seconds, Windows 7 Professional will now be activated !!!

To check status, type

slmgr.vbs -dlv

Please explain how this works.

So you are basically telling windows to check at dynalias whether your product key is valid?

I may be wrong but the activated license is time limited (180 days). I also believe that Win7 needs to phone home to validate the license.

"Set interval (minutes) for unactivated clients to attempt KMS connection. The activation interval must be between 15 minutes (min) and 30 days (max) although the default (2 hours) is recommended."

Set renewal interval (minutes) for activated clients to attempt KMS connection. The renewal interval must be between 15 minutes (min) and 30 days (max) although the default (7 days) is recommended."

• 1 month later...

7 tends to run quite well on old hardware. In many cases it's more efficient and quicker than even XP. I put it on my old T42p laptop (my backup machine) and it's quite surprising to me how snappy it is on that 4 or 5 year old machine.

• 1 month later...
bearoninternet

Hey guys, long time no see :).

Good to see this post is still up.

Hope you can help me out.

I am running windows 7 build 7100 ultimate. Its activated by official licensekey (received from ms).

Yesterday i received a system notification to backup my system and upgrade to final version within 4 days :o :fist:.

Doing backups now, read a lot of posts, but i cant find my way.

Please point me in the right direction. I am looking forward to upgrade to latest version 7 ultimate 32 bit.

What's the latest version and best activiation method? :think:

Or is there a method to keep running this version (i am happy with it).

Thanks in advance, cheers. :snack:

7 tends to run quite well on old hardware. In many cases it's more efficient and quicker than even XP. I put it on my old T42p laptop (my backup machine) and it's quite surprising to me how snappy it is on that 4 or 5 year old machine.

:o Wow, that's encouraging - did you manage to get the transparency effect, though?

Yes, but that machine had discrete graphics with 256 MB of dedicated video ram, iirc.

• Administrator

Hey guys, long time no see :).

Good to see this post is still up.

Hope you can help me out.

I am running windows 7 build 7100 ultimate. Its activated by official licensekey (received from ms).

Yesterday i received a system notification to backup my system and upgrade to final version within 4 days :o :fist:.

Doing backups now, read a lot of posts, but i cant find my way.

Please point me in the right direction. I am looking forward to upgrade to latest version 7 ultimate 32 bit.

What's the latest version and best activiation method? :think:

See this thread. Don't forget to see the WAT tool post and please mention if it works for you. ;)

@bearoninternet<br><br>

What's the latest version and best activiation method? think.gif

Latest win7 version is 6.1.7600 build 7600 ... best activation method .. buy a legit key :lol: ... BIOS mod or use Daz loader and don't download this update <font color="#ff0000">Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033)</font> - (WAT) ;)

I think loaders would not run on build 7100, so i dunno if you can keep your current win7 version.

I found traces of two numbers on mine.. 7600.16385 and 7600.16450.. the latter being the version of Explorer.exe stated in the Details on Properties..

:o Wow, that's encouraging - did you manage to get the transparency effect, though?

Yes, but that machine had discrete graphics with 256 MB of dedicated video ram, iirc.

:) Thanks for the reply. I am using a similar machine but could not enjoy the transparency due to the 32 MB graphics.

You're running the RC build which is self-Nuked to expire before the 1st of July. Microsoft hard-coded this time bomb into all the pre-release versions. It's advisable to do a clean install with build 7600 (don't try an in place upgrade which works but will make you feel sorry for the rest of your computing life.) :lol:

One wise thing you could do is to resist the temptation of activating your final copy (don't enter any product key even during the installation.) Dont hack it, not yet (you'll have a full 30 days period of trial.) Wait for the Windows WAT update and for the subsequent fix and you'll be rewarded with the best possible working activation.

bearoninternet

Thank you for your fast replies. :)

You're running the RC build which is self-Nuked to expire before the 1st of July. Microsoft hard-coded this time bomb into all the pre-release versions. It's advisable to do a clean install with build 7600 (don't try an in place upgrade which works but will make you feel sorry for the rest of your computing life.) :lol:

:fear:

Thanks for the advise but i decided to update instead of clean installation afterall.

I have tons of programs, multiple user accounts and other stuff which would take me days to backup download and reinstall.

I did an update from beta to rc before this RTM, so i know a fresh clean install would be much much much better but for now i will have to take my chances.

Seems to be working pretty good so far.

One wise thing you could do is to resist the temptation of activating your final copy (don't enter any product key even during the installation.) Dont hack it, not yet (you'll have a full 30 days period of trial.) Wait for the Windows WAT update and for the subsequent fix and you'll be rewarded with the best possible working activation.

I will make plans for a clean install when the WAT thingy is fixed.

I am a happy Daz fan for the time being. ^_^

• Administrator

I think WAT remover is already posted here somewhere. :unsure:

Okay, I have a pressing question which is bothering me...First explanation..

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my old Windows XP SP3 machine.. ( running quite nicely and I haven't even touched it in any way yet.. :) ) Anyway.. When I installed, I forgot to format.. so I wound up with a WINDOWS.old folder and remnants of the old folders and files in my root directory for the Local Hard Drive.. ( see, enlarge, click image below ). Now what is bothering me is that I have files left behind from XP.. I have an assumption on some that I may be able to delete.. BUT.. I need to be sure.. so to verify with anyone here who can tell me what files in the image don't exist on their installation.. I would be grateful.. :)

EDITED..

Please ignore the 'autorun.inf' .. its mine.. presents an icon ( being Autoplay is disabled anyway ) no matter what.. the autoexec.bat says something about being a 'dummy' so I don't know.. hiberfil.sys will be gone too.. I just haven't gotten there yet.. but need to know about the rest and ignore the 'Blurred' items..LOL

Anyway on day three of the installation.. ( if you only knew what kind of work I have been doing on this ) almost done.. but took a break from installing to do some manual clean-up that needed to be done and would ( like I said before ) be grateful for the help..

Thanks..

BTW.... after four years on a single installation of XP .. I had some issues.. seems smooth, and responsive.. used VistaGlazz.. still haven't gotten to a point to use it yet.. but looking forward to this coming together..

EDITED: REsolved..

Sl@pSh0ck™

windows.old contains your old files from previous OS, you can use this to recover anything from it or just delete the folder entirely. I had this once after installing 7 on a vista.

Oh yeah I definitely worked through this already.. in fact as you can see from the image above.. its already gone.. cleared out about 20 GB of files when I finally got through it and erased it..

You know the odd thing is when I go to my backup that I did with Acronis.. like right before.. I noticed that I cannot go into my main account.. says I don't have permissions. Odd I thought.. Regardless I will have to find a way to redo my XP Backup so, its almost a wasted 55 GB... I did well for a four year old installation ... but it had some things wrong with it.. so its fresh again but from backup when I get ready.. I wound up with basically three forms of backup when I got done..

But yeah on the files thing.. got that one already.. LOL..I started to just deleted anything that existed, created or modified before the installation date.. but I know how files can be a little difficult sometimes so I thought I would get a second verification before I go cleaning something and kill my system.. I know I could recover it.. but I don't need that at this point..LOL.. Need to be moving forward.. all of the new installs.. all have t be modded to reflect an entire network infrastructure I have of my servers, and all of the system mods I have.. so its been hard.. in some ways.. glad I did some work beforehand and thought it through.. whew..LOL

EDIT: Oh and WAMP.. is getting replaced with IIS 7.0..( everything worked..except the MySQL would not start.. ) big HUGE change there... so I am approaching new territory.. and the versions of PHP are different for Apache and IIS 7.0.. so I have a conflict.. I don't know what I am going to do about.. a few issues thus far... I am trying to get from doubling up on some programs.. so thinking right now is where I am stuck about this part before I start optimizing the system and making other changes.. and finalizing it before other mods.. Still have to go dark.. which should be difficult with the system files I have to change... ( This is where I feel XP had something on Windows 7.. for those of you without readily changing versions and Video card/hardware to use )..

BTW what is decent AV (apart from not working really new patch for Avast and $tupid download amounts/sizes With Comodo IS)?

Archived