Windows 7 testing

bearoninternet

SacredCultivator

Okay a little tick I got with Win7... When sorting files... Is tehre a way to make it so Win7 reads...

35.5 as BIGGER than 35?

Why do I ask?

This is for organizing video files of a TV Series. And there are a few Videos that are '.5' of the Full Episode because they add a little side-story/track of the actual Series. So they aren't necessarily labeled as their own Episode but as a '.5'

So for example

Episode 35

Episode 35.5

^This is how I'd like Win7 to read it...

But it reads it as the reverse:

Episode 35.5

Episode 35

^This just looks weird as they are organized in Ascending order and we all know that 35.5 is Greater Than 35.

So not too sure if there is a way to fix this.. As I definitely know that for XP, it organizes it correctly.

• Replies 330
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question :

I downloaded 2 times Windows 7 Ultimate . One was said as being RTM ( English version downloaded on last September). The other one was downloaded today (Portuguese version) and was said as being Final and Retail.

Question is how to know if last one is real Final ? Is there any difference or sommething that shows this is the real Final or are they both equal ?

Cheers

Jofre

Build 6.1 v. 7600 or actually, 6.1.7600.16385 is final. Type "winver" into start, search and hit enter to see your build number.

I refer you to this thread for more detailed answer to this and other questions about W7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17893-faq-commonly-asked-stuff-about-windows-7-a.html

Build 6.1 v. 7600 or actually, 6.1.7600.16385 is final. Type "winver" into start, search and hit enter to see your build number.

I refer you to this thread for more detailed answer to this and other questions about W7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17893-faq-commonly-asked-stuff-about-windows-7-a.html

-----------------------------------

Thanks, harpua !

I know both versions downloaded are 6.1.7600.16385.( I can`t use Win7 yet because of Modem drivers are just for WinXP and Vista).

I still have to install the Portuguese one and the HashCheck to see what it says ...Then, I have to install the English version and see the difference according to HashCheck...

Thanks a lot for the good information.

Cheers

Jofre

You don't have to install windows to use "hashtab" to compare the hash values. Hashtab adds an additional tab to the right click properties context menu. On that additonal tab, you can see the CRC, MD5, SHA1 etc. etc values of any file or iso by simply right clicking the file or iso and selecting properties and the "hashtab." Then you just compare the installation files or the iso. Hashtab makes it easy to copy paste the original MS value into it's screen and it compares it for you and tells you if they match. No need to install anything but the free hashtab. Very cool little app, that should be added to the front page, btw.

@harpua:

Discovered both Win7 Ultimate copies are RTM (6.1.7600.16385 win7_rtm.090713-1255). It`s not a problem, because if there was some correction on final version I´ll receive them from windows update.

All is fine and in DVD`s.

Intend to start using the Portuguese version to learn faster how it works and will change to the International language (English), later.

Again, thanks for the good help,

Jofre

so....you are finally installing 7.:rolleyes:

---------------------------------

Hi, Devil !

Trying to acquire some experiment.

Offered the old computer and now it could be useful...But Deez izz eazzy !

Just make sure the hash values of whatever you are going to install match the official MS hash values which can be found in this link http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17893-faq-commonly-asked-stuff-about-windows-7-a.html

That's the only way to be sure you have an unmodified untouched original version of W7.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy using it.

Hi, Devil !

Trying to acquire some experiment.

Offered the old computer and now it could be useful...(This is easy !!)

Old computer? As old as you?...LOL,

Don't.....you will brick it! :sneaky:

------------------------------------------

Instead of "old" read "Number 2". And there was the "Nr.3" and "Nr.4"...

Question?

Why do Windows 7 put boot stuff in a hidden partition and sometimes it doesn't?

I think it does that if you select the format or clean install option because it may be preparing for the possible or potential use of Bitlocker which requires such a partition to fully encrypt the system disk.

I think it does that if you select the format or clean install option because it may be preparing for the possible or potential use of Bitlocker which requires such a partition to fully encrypt the system disk.

In a way, I really like it. Also, many Win7 loader program don't work with this setup. This is probably MS attempt to circumvent the loader hack, too.

Not right now !

Could not find drivers for my Scanner HP and also for the HP Printer. For the printer, HP says Win7 has basic drivers...

Besides,can`t get Net Connection because of same problem : Modem drivers.

S**T!!!!

Machine (i mean the modem (dial up?) sounds too old.

For the scanner, you can use Vuescan, available . . . where else . . . here at nsane. Vuescan supports most scanners, old or new.

For the scanner, you can use Vuescan, available . . . where else . . . here at nsane. Vuescan supports most scanners, old or new.

--------------------------------------

The Modem isn`t old and works with Ethernet Cable up to 100 Mbps. I have a nice speed. (need to phone to my server).

--------------------------------------

The Modem isn`t old and works with Ethernet Cable up to 100 Mbps. I have a nice speed. (have to phone to my server).

Is there a Vista driver for this "modem?" Most vista drivers work (some better than others) in W7. If there is a vista driver, I would give that a try setting the compatibility tab when installing for vista, if possible. Actually, if you install it in w7, it will probably detect it's for vista and offer to reinstall it for you with the appropriate settings.

----------------------------------------

The Modem it`s not big problem . I can buy a new one, cause they are not expensive, but I have to phone to my Net Server and he can give support by phone and solve the thing if possible, or advise me about which new one I have to buy.

Already downloaded the VueScan Professional 8.5.37.

Hope it works for you soon....time is of essence.

I am prepared to mod Bios now, but first I want to see how " Macro$$$ " is going to react. I think they win so much money that they don`t care about a few thousand people using loaders. « Power for the poor too ! »

...and all the best for you !

Hope it works for you soon....time is of essence.

I am prepared to mod Bios now, but first I want to see how " Macro$$$ " is going to react. I think they can win so much money that they don`t care about a few thousand people using loaders. « Power for the poor too ! »

...and all the best for you !

Right now you can hold off indefinitely via by making Win7 stay a trial forever. Please see Win7 Fixes.

Archived