ESET Fixes

shought

I have a solution which keeps the web protection active :)

1) uninstall eset 5 + reboot (if eset installed)

2) install eset 5

3) activate trial license (any garbage email address will work)

4) do a manual update - you will get a 15mb ish update

5) reboot in safe mode and run purefix 2beta

6) restart into normal mode and run update again

working for me on 3 pc's :)

let me know

Maybe that's why mine worked without issues from the start :) I had installed a trial license and updated before using the fix.

I think that the before-after difference on protocol filtering might be a misunderstanding, on x64 that screen always has shown the 'after'.

Maybe some limitations due to the architecture, I'm sure it's unrelated to the fix.

Thanks again, much appreciated. ^_^

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2) install eset 5

let me know

Used the first fix with the initial method.. Everything still working on my laptop running Windows 7 x64 SP1..

No problem with the fix :dance2:

Hi PB, is this your recommended/suggested method to install/activate Eset5 only while the fix is in beta or always ? i.e., also after the final version of the fix is released?

2) install eset 5

let me know

If any one tried Eset v5 on Windows 8 Developer Preview (Pre-Beta) Build 8102? I tried Kaspersky but it is not compatible at the moment.

If any one tried Eset v5 on Windows 8 Developer Preview (Pre-Beta) Build 8102? I tried Kaspersky but it is not compatible at the moment.

I'm using Eset V5 on Win 8 8102 with PurpleBeanZ v2b2 fix , Hips will not start and Web Protection has now failed after 1 day working.

gws

I'm using Eset V5 on Win 8 8102 with PurpleBeanZ v2b2 fix , Hips will not start and Web Protection has now failed after 1 day working.

gws

have you tried the new install method posted above?

gws

have you tried the new install method posted above?

Going to try that now

gws

Jordan de Souza

I'm using ESS 5 with TNOD finder. Working flawless!

Ok, need a favour guys...

Can a couple of people test this and check that the 'no licence' text is now showing OEM license (or whatever the equivalent in your language is...)

It is fine to re-run this version over the top of the last beta.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode: ?l1m695z7gwfwyag [?]

Also please, please, please do not share the beta versions around - I am finding the current beta floating around on various forums (one username keeps popping up ), and it is very frustrating as there are no 'fail safes' in the betas (it is just to test the core elements of the fix before i add the fail safes and extra install options) and a novice user could easily screw things up.

This "was" latest Beta «ESET PureFix V.2b2» ---» Now is closed... :P ... Next version will be the Final :dance2: ( maybe Sunday... who knows? Maybe tomorrow...Maybe Saturday... :dance:). Meanwhile use some Trial key... :yes: Or just wait...

The problem with Protocol filtering and disappearing of Web and email clients is caused by Eset SS instability and not by fix .I install eset , activate trial and update , and i notice that i got ``after`` settings before reboot in safe mode and applying fix .We should wait for final-final eset product on 19 sept , HIPS ,protocol filtering are not working so well in this home version

The problem with Protocol filtering and disappearing of Web and email clients is caused by Eset SS instability and not by fix .I install eset , activate trial and update , and i notice that i got ``after`` settings before reboot in safe mode and applying fix .We should wait for final-final eset product on 19 sept , HIPS ,protocol filtering are not working so well in this home version

It was expected, at least I already said previously, ESET has to do a new version sooner or later (which is the usual...) now because of those problems caused in Windows 7. Fortunately I still use WinXP and I am very glad with it...doesn`t give me problems...no need to change yet. :)..Maybe Eset authors test 1st. on WinXP, and later Win7 when they are tired and errors then happen...

19.Sept, just more 3 days?? Hope, this year... :P

We should wait for final-final eset product on 19 sept

19 sept?! :blink:

where you read that info?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:rolleyes:

maybe a fake information ?...

We should wait for final-final eset product on 19 sept

19 sept?! :blink:

where you read that info?

:rolleyes:

maybe a fake declaration ?...

Yeah maybe, we'll see

The Geek Squad

2) install eset 5

let me know

tested and works fine :)

Eset Antivirus 5 + Win7 32Bit

Testing....

TESTED - A-OK

Awesome.. You are the best...

Just one thing i want to add here..

After following your steps, it didn't work the first time.. I rebooted couple of times still no go..

Then under advanced settings for WEB and EMAIL, cleaning was set to strict cleaning, now the blocked message and antispam - both work.. Just remember to check all options under Objects and options..

You rock dude

I use Win 7 Ultimate Sp 1 x86

Everything seems to be working now even the automatic update, just received Signature database 6467. Thanks for the help PurplebeanZ! your the best as usual!! :party:

Hmmm seems automatic update has stopped working. I get an error saying something along the lines of error downloading update file, I will upload screenshot of actual error when it occurs again. Anybody have this issue or know how to remedy it?

I rather like the new version of ESET and I desperately do not want to go back to my KIS12 license (abandoned 200 days left!)

Thanks Guys

Hmmm seems automatic update has stopped working. I get an error saying something along the lines of error downloading update file, I will upload screenshot of actual error when it occurs again. Anybody have this issue or know how to remedy it?

I rather like the new version of ESET and I desperately do not want to go back to my KIS12 license (abandoned 200 days left!)

Thanks Guys

same here with automatic update (just noticed). maybe a temporary issue...

manual update works...

Yea, manual update works for me as well. Just a pain is the ass having to manually update it all the time.

Thanks Guys

same here with automatic update (just noticed). maybe a temporary issue...

manual update works...

auto update is working fine here, so i'd say it's a temp issue

Archived