ESET Fixes

shought

Maybe is the operating system...eset v5 has other setings for windows 7 and windows xp ...the picture, under eset v5 working whithout problems is under windows xp....sorry for my bad enghlish :rolleyes:

hard to read with such a tiny font size. could you possibly enlarge it a little please? :P

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe is the operating system...eset v5 has other setings for windows 7 and windows xp ...the picture, under eset v5 working whithout problems is under windows xp....sorry for my bad enghlish :rolleyes:

hard to read with such a tiny font size. could you possibly enlarge it a little please? :P

sorry for the inconvenience :wub:

when pure fix new version releases?

When ready ...

see the difference between this pic after and before

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

==========================================================

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

@BALTAGY :

Mine is WinXP Pro SP3 (32bits) and after having applied the fix ESET PureFix V.2b2 (BETA 2) on ESS 5, it`s all shown without modifications as is on screenshots you posted, part that says "BEFORE", which means it`s all Normal, nothing missing.

Question :- In which OS you found those missing parts shown on "AFTER" ?

It`s important to know the Operational System you have, so other people can confirm.

=JOFRE=

Posted Image

can you see this after this fix ???

No, but after downloaded and installed, found by ESS 5 as Trojan and was quarantined.

Staff Note: Posts merged. Please avoid double / triple posting and use the Edit button. Thank you.

Jordan de Souza

Is this new version working without the safe reboot? I'm on windows 8... dont really knows how to do that and if that worth, why not just using a u/p from a website like this: http://www.esetnod32usernameandpassword.com ?

EDIT:

Just used TNOD and is working fine guys. I prefer it since i dont like having to restart the OS in safe mode to just install a fix... but keep the great work purple!

see the difference between this pic after and before

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

==========================================================

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

@BALTAGY :

Mine is WinXP Pro SP3 (32bits) and after having applied the fix ESET PureFix V.2b2 (BETA 2) on ESS 5, it`s all shown without modifications as is on screenshots you posted, part that says "BEFORE", which means it`s all Normal, nothing missing.

Question :- In which OS you found those missing parts shown on "AFTER" ?

It`s important to know the Operational System you have, so other people can confirm.

=JOFRE=

I can see the "after" one only. Clean install of ESS 5.0.93.7 on Windows 7 x64, no fixes and no keyz used, spanish language. Trial license until mid October.

these problems i tried it in win7 32Bit and win xp 32bit all same problem

Has I said mine is WinXP Pro SP3 32bits and nothing was changed here after having applied the latest PureFix (beta stage ) V.2b2.

If some other member is interested on this Fix and uses Win7 32bits or Win7 64 bits, please try the fix and confirm if there was any changes as found by member @BALDAGY

i think it's a problem in eset with win7 not problem in the fix i tried it again now without the fix in win7 32bit and same problem!!

I can see the "after" one only. Clean install of ESS 5.0.93.7 on Windows 7 x64, no fixes and no keyz used, spanish language. Trial license until mid October.

So... The problem seems to be... not because of the Fix but because of ESET and Windows 7 .... ( 32 and 64 bits ). That means... a new version of ESET will be done sooner or later...( as usual :tooth: )

Good, sense it`s not @PurpleBeanZ fault !

Is this new version working without the safe reboot? I'm on windows 8... dont really knows how to do that and if that worth, why not just using a u/p from a website like this: http://www.esetnod32usernameandpassword.com ?

EDIT:

Just used TNOD and is working fine guys. I prefer it since i dont like having to restart the OS in safe mode to just install a fix... but keep the great work purple!

Or... You can wait for the final PureFix version. I am sure it will be done without rebooting too. Same happened with ESET 4 .

------------------------------------------------------

BALTAGY :

PurpleBeanZ already said the Disable thing will be done too.

We have to let him work calmly and all will be perfect, you will see...

I have the same problems still...

-Not blocking dangerous webpages

-Anti-Spam Engine not working

-Same problem with after picture above

-ESET is not automatically updating

Thank guys, this forum is and always will be the best!

Update-- I tried pinging the the ESET update site (update.eset.com) and I get a request timed out response. It will update manually but not automatically.

Now I'm really confused!

do you use win7 ?

Yes I do, sorry! Windows 7 Ultimate sp1

Well, I tried it after fresh install without the patch and it was blocking sites no problem. Booted into safe mode enabled the fix, rebooted again and ESET failed to stop dangerous pages. Don't have any idea what's going on :frusty: . Hopefullu it will be sorted out in the final fix.

Thanks PurpleBeanZ! B) You are an asset to this site and the forums. Your work makes a lot of people happy, including me!! :thumbsup:

Have either one of you imported your previous settings?

Did ESS ask for these options when you installed it?

Have you combed through all settings in ESS to make sure there is not something different to alter or turn these options on?

Archived