ESET Fixes

shought

So there are no more problem with the fix? Thanks~

So far sir, none :)

There is small problem with latest PureFix v2.01 regarding ESET web access protection.

Correct instalation procedure should be:

1) uninstall eset 5 + reboot (if ESET installed)

2) install ESET 5

3) activate trial license, or using Username and Password

4) do a manual update

5) reboot in safe mode and run purefix 2.01

6) restart into normal mode and run update again

Without this procedure my ESET web access protection did not work on Windows 7 x64.

Now everything is OK.

Big thanks to PurpleBeanZ!

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESS running well with the Beta fix ...

so if final is to be used , do you have to undo the Beta

or

just simply run the Final over the existing set up .... ?

I ran the Final over beta and all is good on 2 machines. XP & Vista.

There is small problem with latest PureFix v2.01 regarding ESET web access protection.

Correct instalation procedure should be:

1) uninstall eset 5 + reboot (if ESET installed)

2) install ESET 5

3) activate trial license, or using Username and Password

4) do a manual update

5) reboot in safe mode and run purefix 2.01

Without this procedure my ESET web access protection did not work on Windows 7 x64.

Now everything is OK.

Big thanks to PurpleBeanZ!

My XP machine didnt need no trial... - installed then fixed... all green.

or

cool ....

thanks for the reply mate ..... :)

(p.s. - nothing serious ,just out of curiosity - but you still using Vista ...! ! :think: )

or

cool ....

thanks for the reply mate ..... :)

(p.s. - nothing serious ,just out of curiosity - but you still using Vista ...! ! :think: )

Red Alert 2 PC game will not go full screen on windows 7 on my laptop. So i have to stick with vista :( (unless they fixed the graphics bug in win7 with games not going full screen).

I'm having a problem with ESS right now, I tried the mentioned procedures known to avoid the Web Protection bug but I'm still getting it after recieving a 40 MBish update. I need your help guys. :(

I'm having a problem with ESS right now, I tried the mentioned procedures known to avoid the Web Protection bug but I'm still getting it after recieving a 40 MBish update. I need your help guys. :(

Have you tried this ?

I have a solution which keeps the web protection active :)

1) uninstall eset 5 + reboot (if eset installed)

2) install eset 5

3) activate trial license (any garbage email address will work)

4) do a manual update - you will get a 15mb ish update

5) reboot in safe mode and run purefix 2beta

working for me on 3 pc's :)

let me know

NOTE :- This is an Eset 5.0.93 bug that happens on some Windows 7 users ( x86 and x64 OS ).

Can someone reupload the fix? Since I can't download it from MediaFire as MediaFire's Captcha doesn't appear.

Be sure you're on the correct site - MediaFire has never had a captcha...all you do is click the download banner - unless the download has been set to private - but even then there is no captcha - the download will 'just' start by browser download.

:)

The Mediafire download link is set to private and will someone please post the Fix again.

The Mediafire download link is set to private and will someone please post the Fix again.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. The link is working just fine. Go back to PB's last post before he signed off...the original post...on about 3 or so pages back - at about 18:00 hours last evening the 16th. Earlier posts than that had links to an earlier beta that was taken down.

However, PB will be back online today and add some instructions to this final...so wait a bit and all will be better anyway.

;)

Sir are you sure you got the correct link? I just tried now and its working fine, no password, not private..

Automatic updates working fine, web access protection working fine. Everything is all good to go! Big up to PurplebeanZ! Your the man! :party:

• Administrator

Hey guys...

given that some people have posted some bugs with the current version of eset 5, I have stayed with the latest version of 4.2

My question is if I DO switch to eset 5, apply purplebeanz's purefix, will the program update its version (i.e. will it automatically update to 5.1/5.2 etc)?

Looking to shed some light on this, otherwise might wait with 4.2 for now until the bugs get ironed out.

I think, they have change it in v5, you can update the versions. I'm not sure but I read somewhere.

Red Alert 2 PC game will not go full screen on windows 7 on my laptop. So i have to stick with vista :( (unless they fixed the graphics bug in win7 with games not going full screen).

Maybe you upgraded from Vista? If that's the case, try a clean install of Windows 7. Also, did you try Alt+Enter? :P

fix working great all problems now from Eset i wait another update that must fix these problems like update and web protection and parental control

hello all, when i try to download the new fix by purplebeanZ, i get this from mediafire -This file is currently set to private. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, regards

hello all, when i try to download the new fix by purplebeanZ, i get this from mediafire -This file is currently set to private. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, regards

You are clicking on the beta - which has been replaced by this:

http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode: /download.php?u7bwp20nde8qvs6 [?] [?]

But - If all would give a bit more time...PB stated he would add more instructions to his final and post it sometime shortly.

Archived