ESET Fixes

shought

PurpleBeanZ :-

Tested again the beta fix «PureFix-V.2b2» and now shows on about :--» License Valid until 31.12.2015 and License type: OEM License.

Seems all fine...

I think it was because Microsoft was updating the Security Updates at the same time, 1st test failed...

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see the difference between this pic after and before

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

==========================================================

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

When doing a clean install should I activate trial license and then boot into safe mode to use the fix?

When doing a clean install should I activate trial license and then boot into safe mode to use the fix?

no - it works without activating.

just install nod then safemode.

you can install over V4 - then safemode (make sure you have a clean V4 though "no fixes")

no - it works without activating.

just install nod then safemode.

you can install over V4 - then safemode (make sure you have a clean V4 though "no fixes")

It's done, and apparently you can activate trial license and then use fix over it! lol

For some reason after using the new fix, the web protection seems to be working now!

Spoke too soon, Web protection is NOT blocking sites. :pos:

these screenshot after new fix and i tried it more than three times

Yes hey every one he is right i tried it on three PCs and in all of them this happens after the fix. Purple you should fix this man.

same problem i reported before web scan cannot block pages after apply this fix!! please fix this problem

it works fine for me and everyone else.

i'm afraid i can't fix a problem that i can't re-create :(

so how come I can't change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings\FailSafeServer?

I have already tdisabled HIPS and Self-defance & restart the computer.

no idea, purefix does not lock any registry entries on v5

I have noticed that on v5 we can't edit the Update server via the UI settings.

yeah, i found the same thing. i tried with purefix, trial license, and legit license and it wasn't possible in any of them

BALTAGY is righti tried it on three PCs and in all of them this happens after the fix. Purple you should fix this man. look at the images

BALTAGY uploaded he is right.

Spoke too soon, Web protection is NOT blocking sites. :pos:

I got a similar issue when using Purefix with version 4, because ESET only was detecting malware in On-Demand and not by Real Time protection, but was working when using the normal method with Username/Password. :mellow:

Works all fine with me. Im using Eset Anti Virus 5.

Web Protection >> Works

AntiVirus/Spyware >> Works

All works fine... :)

Thanks PurpleBeanz :D

The Geek Squad

Hi Guys..

With the crack provided by Purplebeanz.. following are the issues that I identified

a) The Antispam module does not initialize

B) Advanced setup options work only one time.. next time onwards the window disappears and you could hear only DING...

Hope to see a fix soon!!

Thanks

Screenshot...

Posted Image

@PurplebeanZ

Clean installed NOD32 EAV 5.0.93.0 and applied fix from safemode on WinXP SP2 & SP3 (x86) PCs,

and the fix seems just fine, updates runs perfectly too.. The License info shown as OEM License and valid until 31 Dec 2015 :D

the previous v2b shows license as No License and blank validity time, does it mean it's permanent?

thx purple, u rock!!!

Yea, I got the "error starting antispam" a few times and then sometimes not; really not a problem for me since my primary email addy gets less than .1% spam. Could bug some ppl though.

Since this post antispam has worked just fine. Everything ok here and I haven't put the last one on yet. No License, no problem....updates just fine.

For those having problems u are either doing it wrong, unlucky or need try different fix.

The Geek Squad

Hi Guys..

Update on my situation

I uninstalled ESET using REVO.. cleaned all registry and leftover files.

Restarted.. Installed ESET v5.. restarted to safe mode.. ran the Betafix..

Restart the computer.. voila.. I have ESET Smart Security with OEM license valid thru 31st Dec 2015.

Am able to use the advanced settings.. both thru F5 and setup options.

Issues pending

1. ESET anti-spam failed to initialize

2. ESET ACCESS DENIED - PAGE BLOCKED not working still.

Thanks

Hope to see these fixed soon.

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

On my system it is the same screen before and after applying the fix and it's blocking web malware, so I think the "patch" is fine.

post-28475-0-21727500-1316062544_thumb.j

The PureFix V2b2 is working fine on my system. All good - even the web protection and blocking is doing fine.

Shows OEM license and validity until 31.12.2015

Thanks a lot! :D

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

On my system it is the same screen before and after applying the fix and it's blocking web malware, so I think the "patch" is fine.

post-28475-0-21727500-1316062544_thumb.j

BALTAGY is right y have same problem Windows 7 64 bit ....three time was instaling, same problem....eset smart v5 not show everthing after the fix...keep the good work, many thanks.

BALTAGY

@ Luandra & BALTAGY i dont use the fix and i got the same settings as your "after" pictures

Maybe is the operating system...eset v5 has other setings for windows 7 and windows xp ...the picture, under eset v5 working whithout problems is under windows xp....sorry for my bad enghlish :rolleyes:

@ Luandra & BALTAGY i dont use the fix and i got the same settings as your "after" pictures

Maybe is the operating system...eset v5 has other setings for windows 7 and windows xp ...the picture, under eset v5 working whithout problems is under windows xp....sorry for my bad enghlish :rolleyes:

oh okie! :D

Archived