Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

Those are some of the ugliest desktops I'd ever had the misfortune to glimpse - similar, but more more filthy looking than the Windows 8 Start Screen that I strangulated with both my hands . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . forever.

Yeah that looks like w8 metro UI but when you use that feels way better and light. You toggle hide/unhide the UI simply double clicking on desktop or you can also slide it to the edges of desktop, then it will be gone. If you want that back again, click in the edge and drag it back. And, you ghost (ask me, why I call you ghost?).

@Ghost..you know, it is really hard to write something that you would like..

Edited by rudrax

Yep, I give rep. to guys who can manage their anger, especially when provoked the way I did. I'm still learning anger-management. :)

Yep, I give rep. to guys who can manage their anger, especially when provoked the way I did. I'm still learning anger-management. :)
You freaky ghost..

• Administrator

Using Fences from a long long time. :)

Reduce the Fence colour and you may enjoy the wallpaper better. ;)

Using Fences from a long long time. :)

Reduce the Fence colour and you may enjoy the wallpaper better. ;)

Doesn't matter..if you want to enjoy the wallpaper then just double click in the desktop or slide it towards the edge.

• 2 weeks later...

@ randomjester

That's literally a wallpaper. :think:

Just obeyed the topics title :lol:

For the full-size Windows 8 image, click here:-

Posted Image

F**king hell I like this thing..It is HUD apocalypse right? Oh yeah it is..but previously you gave me was the red one..gimme this one too if you don't mind. Edited by rudrax

No, don't you bloody try what I gave you . . . . . . on Windows 8 - you will have to re-format the OS (this is different - it's tailor made, hacking individual Windows 8 files.) B)

Have got rid of most of Metro - now, working on the translucency (animation levels have also over-exceeded Windows 7 by far.) Aero is quite close to being conquered.

No, don't you bloody try what I gave you . . . . . . on Windows 8 - you will have to re-format the OS (this is different - it's tailor made, hacking individual Windows 8 files.) B)

Have got rid of most of Metro - now, working on the translucency (animation levels have also over-exceeded Windows 7 by far.) Aero is quite close to being conquered.

Oh yeah! It means it's one of your home-made stuff..Isn't it possible in w7?

Yep, on Windows 7, it's quite easy - however, Windows 8 is equipped with far tighter security (this stuff is under a beta project, right now.)

Yep, on Windows 7, it's quite easy - however, Windows 8 is equipped with far tighter security (this stuff is under a beta project, right now.)
Oh hell you gotta teach me then..You teach me then I'll teach Fl0ppy..Let's start in PM.

Please Do Tell.!., How You Managed To Do This Code And Such.. :rolleyes:

maybe others can give It A Shot :guns:

Yep, I was supposed to open a new thread inclusive of a very comprehensive review-cum-tutorial on how I managed to hack Windows 8 and also to make it look as aesthetic and functional if not more than Windows 7. However, got severely pissed off by some amateurs who started trolling in those Windows 8 thread.

Yep, thanks fl0ppy - FWIW, I love the Windows 8 ribbon on the File Explorer. However, it cannot be possibly skinned.

Moreover, there's a bug in the ribbon that can breach the security of Admin - hence, it's better off disabled.

• Administrator

How did you get the details / preview bar back down (in Windows 8 it exists in right hand side)?

How did you get the details / preview bar back down (in Windows 8 it exists in right hand side)?

That's not the Preview Bar (also displayed) - it's the actual Status Bar that's available on Windows 7 (pretty useful for Users of darker themes, like me.) :)

Posted Image