Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

Does Optical drives and mounted drives also be considered as one of the partition?

Thankfully no - to the best of my knowledge (based on observation - not documented facts.) :think:

Can the System Reserved be removed without any formatting required?

I really need atleast 4 HDD partitions.

Yes, there's a dirty method to do that.

• Administrator

Would love to know the method. :)

Have never had the occasion to have to do it - check out the 6th post by gregrocker (before following up, on his advice - I'd commit a backup of the system volume if I were you.) ;)

I see. Thanks for the info. I had no idea that the System Reserve contains the boot files. All I thought was that it was somehow connected to one of the features (bitlocker or something).

So, have you tried it yourself? Cause I remember you posting a tutorial on it a long time ago. I personally can't backup due to lack of sufficient space, can only backup a few things on the DVDs...

So, have you tried it yourself? Cause I remember you posting a tutorial on it a long time ago.

Nope, never had the cause for it - I pre-format the partitions (this effectively prevents the 100 MB partition and is the most convenient and surefire method.) :)

I personally can't backup due to lack of sufficient space, can only backup a few things on the DVDs...

In case you decide to go ahead with it, I hope you can arrange for an external HDD for a temporal period - it's just required for a couple of hours (in case something mucks up your attempt at being rid of unwanted partition(s.) ;)

• Administrator

So, have you tried it yourself? Cause I remember you posting a tutorial on it a long time ago.

Nope, never had the cause for it - I pre-format the partitions (this effectively prevents the 100 MB partition and is the most convenient and surefire method.) :)

>I personally can't backup due to lack of sufficient space, can only backup a few things on the DVDs...

In case you decide to go ahead with it, I hope you can arrange for an external HDD for a temporal period - it's just required for a couple of hours (in case something mucks up your attempt at being rid of unwanted partition(s.) ;)

I see.

I don't know. Have got no one like that.

And HDD prices (still) so high, it's impossible to get even a normal HDD for backups.

>I personally can't backup due to lack of sufficient space, can only backup a few things on the D

VDs...

I see.

I don't know. Have got no one like that.

And HDD prices (still) so high, it's impossible to get even a normal HDD for backups.

1 TB 7200 rpm seagate Barracuda costs 4,200/- here. I have one and completely satisfied with it till now.

Yes its a Chat Section, but I want to see the damn wallpapers/desktops. :lol:

And because you have excuses, then make a wallpapers/pictures/graphics section. :rolleyes:

I've been modding my Windows 8, today - have got something breathtaking coming up in the next 2 hours. :D

Edited by dcs18

@dcs18 is it possible to keep the ribbon with your theme? nice theme on your desktop :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment, bro.

Actually, there are just 2 components left; that do not allow skinning - the ribbon and the Office 2013 interface (have not had the opportunity to try this on Office 2010.)

I love the ribbon (despite the fact that it's got a serious bug for SysAdmins) and hope it gets conquered, soon - have left it disabled for the time being. :)

@dcs18, the hybrid idea isn't that good. With red skinning, red icons will make it look like "from the factory".

@dcs18, the hybrid idea isn't that good. With red skinning, red icons will make it look like "from the factory".

Quite true, it goes against aesthetics - have scheduled Sunday for the icon job.