Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

esoaY.jpg

If you are having explorer crashes in your system, then you should uninstall Fences immediately!

esoaY.jpg

If you are having explorer crashes in your system, then you should uninstall Fences immediately!

Yeah, You are right, I had the feeling that explorer hang was due to FENCES!, but it doesn't happen a lot + I like the software.. so I think I'm just gonna try updating it if possible, thanks =)

Yeah, You are right, I had the feeling that explorer hang was due to FENCES!, but it doesn't happen a lot + I like the software.. so I think I'm just gonna try updating it if possible, thanks =)

That's upto you..me too liked it aLOLtz but for the sake of eye candy I can't compromise with my system resources..

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyyy!!! :angry:

You cannot deploy so many partitions in a MBR environment - your system will fail you under inclement conditions. :frusty:

Only GPT allows up to 100 partitions.

You cannot deploy so many partitions in a MBR environment - your system will fail you under inclement conditions. :frusty:

The T1 and T2 are external one :D

Just an heads-up - MBR operates in an optimized state with a max. of 4 partitions (in NTFS format - probably even less under FAT16.)

• Administrator

Just an heads-up - MBR operates in an optimized state with a max. of 4 partitions (in NTFS format - probably even less under FAT16.)

Now you telling me? I'm using 5 from many years now.

I've stopped being surprised . . . . . . . . . ;)

your system will fail you under inclement conditions. :frusty:

I too had 5 in my last crashed HDD (latter revived) :lol:

• Administrator

@dcs18: Can you provide more info? I want to understand why is it so.

Can merging partitions have any positive effects? And can I use GPT without UEFI support?

@dcs18: Can you provide more info? I want to understand why is it so.

I was running 4 partitions myself, for many years, without an issue (on a low-end laptop.) In the course of my beta-testing used to perform a number of backups & recovery, each week.

On one such occasion, my OS refused to reformat - after failing throughout the night, could just not figure out the root cause. In the morning, the neighbor's daughter visited to borrow my pen-drive (which was plugged into the laptop.)

The moment it was yanked out, the formatting went through smoothly - it dawned upon me that my Windows 7 had constituted that stupid pen-drive as the 5th partition. :idea:

There's an official Microsoft white-paper on this matter, too - shall point a link, to it (if I find it.)

This very same incident took place in implague's life (about a year later - only this time we were wiser and knew how to solve it.)

Can merging partitions have any positive effects? And can I use GPT without UEFI support?

In Windows, GPT cannot be used outside the periphery of an UEFI environment. :(

Yes, merging partitions certainly helps - moreover, it's a good idea to plan a reformat without the system partition of 100 MBs . . . . . . . . . . . . beforehand. Had dropped a video tutorial in a PM to demoneye when members were adamant that it was not possible (discarded that video 2 years ago - he might possibly possess it, though.) :dunno:

Edited by dcs18

• Administrator

Does Optical drives and mounted drives also be considered as one of the partition?

Can the System Reserved be removed without any formatting required?

I really need atleast 4 HDD partitions.