Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

@ R3CON

Most women hate all my walls - they find it quite aggressive and as foul as me. :lmao:

Women only like pink :rofl:

Lyon275

that looks pretty cool but how about some info ? what is it where did it come from what OS ? WIn8 ?

It's not my desktop :P

Win 7 .

Rainmeter skins :P

This is what i could find ;)

Tech-A by Burnwell88

http://burnwell88.deviantart.com/art/TECH-A-298934441

Media Player Interface for Tech-A skin

http://pointed-arrow.deviantart.com/art/Media-Player-Interface-for-TECH-A-Skin-302488936

Stats Skin (don't know who's the creator)

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/26752937/file.html

thanks for the info

and wow that must have been a lot of work to setup lol

looks good though that is for sure !

flaubert

Why on earth would you want your Windows 7 install to like like Luna on XP ? lol

And how can you stand having that many icons pinned ? That would drive me nuts !

The middle of the space on the taskbar is usually for window grouping etc so what happens when you have lots of windows open ?

Alss i don't see your Firefox icon pinned.. where is it ? ;)

I have seen sooo many people with that language translation icon on the right side of the taskbar too

how many of you change languages for the operating system so much you need a link to it on your task bar ?

Why not open that up and hit the check box to remove it ? You can always open the control panel and access it there anyway..

Also i have that Realtek audio control panel applet too and i usually use one or the other ..doesn't make sense to have two audio tray icons

Note you don't even need ANY of the tray icons OR background services running for Realtek HD Audio features to work.. Kill them and see what i mean.

And i use Realtek's audio normalization feature on the driver settings to normalize all audio output (for downloaded videos in WMC / WMP etc)

My point is even though i killed the start up and background services for Realtek it still works perfect

I like how you have show all tray icons enabled though..the way they changed that on win 7 / vista is dumb i think. (the grouping stuff)

Most people have desktops that i find crazy cluttered.. if my girl isn't tight she gets the boot !

For example all those taskbar icons could be pinned elsewhere.. I put them mostly in a Quick launch recreation like on XP.

6f94346ccd4e94e062e4ff997ea0b4b3.jpg

Same goes with peoples browsers they are always a cluttered space hogging nightmare i think.. here is what mine looks like.

Clean and tight.. that's how i roll lol

Notice how the bookmarks are NOT a mess.

8c16d9e2eba44c607186eb1fc045e47b.jpg

And here is what the browser looks like at the top after my custom changes..

7fde81a08d735233ead7c6c33703deaf.jpg

Edited by xpmule

Icons blocked are those of the sw I use the most for internet activity and tests. To view them, just click here: without going to look for them in the start panel or in desktop.

If you have many applications open, this is not a problem for the taskbar: in fact, when the space is not enough windows automatically creates a second taskbar.

I really like the style xp: very simple and clear. I do not like to change the operativ system with weighty themes, and that especially affect the modification of important files such as "explorer.exe" and other.

I don't like the changes to the browser: especially those of dark color that becomes unreadable many things. Ah:I don't like FIREFOX! I prefer Chrome for your sandbox system and your speed.

In general, I prefer the clean operating system: edit is little in terms of graphics and in terms of both the system registry: including autorun sw. These, when they are off, I always do it through the program options.

The language bar I've always had and I love it. Idea is by Microsoft: not mine..... :lol:

Ultimately ... I like to leave things the way Microsoft makes: except the antivirus!!! ;)

Edited by maia

Icons blocked are those of the sw I use the most for internet activity and tests. To view them, just click here: without going to look for them in the start panel or in desktop.
If you have many applications open, this is not a problem for the taskbar: in fact, when the space is not enough windows automatically creates a second taskbar.
I really like the style xp: very simple and clear. I do not like to change the operativ system with weighty themes, and that especially affect the modification of important files such as "explorer.exe" and other.
I don't like the changes to the browser: especially those of dark color that becomes unreadable many things. Ah:I don't like FIREFOX! I prefer Chrome for your sandbox system and your speed.
In general, I prefer the clean operating system: edit is little in terms of graphics and in terms of both the system registry: including autorun sw. These, when they are off, I always do it through the program options.
The language bar I've always had and I love it. Idea is by Microsoft: not mine..... :lol:
Ultimately ... I like to leave things the way Microsoft makes: except the antivirus!!! ;)

^This and a little bit of...

flaubert

Why on earth would you want your Windows 7 install to like like Luna on XP ? lol

And how can you stand having that many icons pinned ? That would drive me nuts !

The middle of the space on the taskbar is usually for window grouping etc so what happens when you have lots of windows open ?

Alss i don't see your Firefox icon pinned.. where is it ? ;)

I have seen sooo many people with that language translation icon on the right side of the taskbar too

how many of you change languages for the operating system so much you need a link to it on your task bar ?

Why not open that up and hit the check box to remove it ? You can always open the control panel and access it there anyway..

Also i have that Realtek audio control panel applet too and i usually use one or the other ..doesn't make sense to have two audio tray icons

Note you don't even need ANY of the tray icons OR background services running for Realtek HD Audio features to work.. Kill them and see what i mean.

And i use Realtek's audio normalization feature on the driver settings to normalize all audio output (for downloaded videos in WMC / WMP etc)

My point is even though i killed the start up and background services for Realtek it still works perfect

I like how you have show all tray icons enabled though..the way they changed that on win 7 / vista is dumb i think. (the grouping stuff)

Most people have desktops that i find crazy cluttered.. if my girl isn't tight she gets the boot !

For example all those taskbar icons could be pinned elsewhere.. I put them mostly in a Quick launch recreation like on XP.

Same goes with peoples browsers they are always a cluttered space hogging nightmare i think.. here is what mine looks like.

Clean and tight.. that's how i roll lol

Notice how the bookmarks are NOT a mess.

^This

Mix! :showoff:

Thanks, forgot to say few things about it, was in a hurry ...

Can't remember where I got the wallpaper but I can upload it.

Theme is great, it's called Adobulated and it can be found here : Link

Now, I tried a ton of themes over the years and hmm, there were few close to this one, Placebo was the one for example and maybe 2-3 more, but this one is a winner, at least for me.

Rocketdock is on the left, it used to be on the bottom with a different skin, but with this wallpaper I find it more suitable on the left with brighter skin.

Rainmeter is on the right, nothing special, ABP skin is used, little cusotomized (just the colors I think)

If someone is wondering about transparency of the Control panel window when the other window is in focus, that's because of Stardock's WindowFX.

Edit :

Ah yes, knew I will forget something, icons are from another Stardock product called IconPackager :)

Edited by shajt

@shajt is that Gabe Newell in your avatar ? lol

Anyway your 2nd pic seems to only be loading half way for me and it looks interesting :(

Those dark background window themes are rare and often crappy / messed up

i've been searching for ages for a theme with a dark background or black too

you mentioned Placebo and that is one of the few themes i tried and liked a lot ! Placebo by Solmiller in your pic ?

If people don't know what that is just go to the awesome web site Deviantart and search for Placebo etc..

Also did you try out the guys other theme "Glass Onion" for windows 7 ?

even though i'm not a fan of windows 8 i can see by this topic that people are still using some custom desktops that look good.

regardless of the OS they look cool.. many of them i like a lot even if i wouldn't wanna use it myself.

keep em coming :)

shajt can you upload that Adobulated theme ?

the deviantart page download has only a .zip file with a text file inside it with a dead url (redirects to godaddy)

i hate it when people do that over there :(

edit:

i found a Russian web site that is hosting it.. (77.8mb)

server is slow as hell though :(

Edited by xpmule

the deviantart page download has only a .zip file with a text file inside it with a dead url (redirects to godaddy)

edit:

i found a Russian web site that is hosting it.. (77.8mb)

server is slow as hell though :(

Yeah link is dead there now for some reason.

Here it is : Link

You can watch this video below for the installation instructions, see it in action and things like that.

• Administrator

@dcs18: Can shajt's theme be made to work with Windows 8?