Welcome back Nsane

rerigam

• Replies 65
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, welcome back! I thought Nsane had gone down for good. What happened to the site this week? Did the servers die, did we get hacked, or something else?

I'm really glad nsane is back. It is my first reading daily and I was missing it a lot.

Phew :D, i was getting seriously worried for a while, hearing lots of gossip about take downs etc, glad to see your back up and running.

Pedro

2 hours ago, ajdibi said:

Indeed, welcome back! I thought Nsane had gone down for good. What happened to the site this week? Did the servers die, did we get hacked, or something else?

Indeed, it would be an elementary courtesy, to inform on the situation. There is, after all, Facebook account, Twitter account, etc. But nothing.
This is the level of management and the attitude towards.

Dear Staff! If you cannot honestly say, at least you can lie something. And all will believe.

3 hours ago, Crazycanuk said:

Not to worry Admin's will surely respond to this, But i can reassure you, that the problem is in no way a threat to this forum or its members ;)

A suggestion will be made on my behalf to the forum Admin's to give notice, via Facebook maybe, if or when something like this happens again. 

Who needs Fb? Please make sure that there is an alternate friends site/forum which is close to nsane team[trustworthy] and they post info before or while respective of downtime/maintenance/attacks/shut-down. Also, they have to be in private and not to be viewed to the public. This will make sure that these issues aren't happening.

The reason to avoid Fb / social networks is that we knew what happened to KAT !!!

Also, a trusted private chat integration to nsane would be much helpful.

6 hours ago, Kalju said:

Indeed, it would be an elementary courtesy, to inform on the situation. There is, after all, Facebook account,

I seen you guys over on Facebook spreading gossip .. I was not signed in of course .  i seen this happen before in the past years back the site went offline for a week before and it came back just like today it's back .No sites hardly use Facebook for years  to post site info . its most likely a bot that updates Facebook with FrontPage news . If they would have really closed they would of told us because the domain is still good :)

I dont think  it was because KAT had a Facebook page was the reason it got shutdown . If this was so there would be no sites left ..Most torrent sites and Warez sites have or had a page  that was suspended. Its the fact people post on them with there real name  is the reason they can get you're info from Facebook. . This is a open site anything you post is open to the public so you take a risk just like users at KAT did. But i would not compare Nsane with KAT . Its in the rules here they forbid you too post sites too make money off warez . This is one of the few sites old school left were someone can come too that's not about  making a profit . :)

Glad too see Nsane back too,   and I never doubted it would come back because it always has before.

Hell.. The first website I go to after I have my PCs formatted.. Was kinda hard to find my way around.. Glad to see it back up and running.

12 hours ago, Crazycanuk said:

Not to worry Admin's will surely respond to this, But i can reassure you, that the problem is in no way a threat to this forum or its members ;)

A suggestion will be made on my behalf to the forum Admin's to give notice, via Facebook maybe, if or when something like this happens again. 

what happened with nsane last 5 days sir ? DoS attack ? i can't access :huh:

makes me feel sad thinking that i am to lose all these good persons gathered in this forum.Glad to have you back nsane.:D

• Administrator

Thanks for all the care and wishes guys. It's good to see so many people concerned about it.

As for the issue. It's not completely fixed. As I have stated it before, it will take 5-7 more days for it to be fixed. Especially the FP database, which will not work for next 5-7 days for sure from what I know. Having said, shought is looking into it.

The issue is same as mention before, server config issues. That is all I can reveal right now and cannot be more specific about it. For any further information, you can PM me.

As for not alerting you guys on other sites, well, a lot has been said above and most of it is true. Having said, one, I would have done it already if it was possible and two, we are considering it now.

I must mention, I cannot insist enough on how much we care for the site and the visitors / members. There is absolutely no lack apathy from our side, I can assure you about it. Most of us even go out our way to maintain the site and are also doing so to get the site back working properly. Even if we have limited time available or having some personal reasons behind them.

Out of topic, but just to give you guys an example. My internet was not working from last 3 days, yet, every time I got access online through other methods, I was making sure to look into the site's issue to make sure it's getting fixed. From last few days I'm continuously trying to get my internet working and also the site working, from all the things that can be possible for me to do. To add to that, there have been even major issues in our country - the country is in a war like situation right now as few days ago state sponsored terrorists from our neighborhood country attacked us. These terrorists have repeatedly, unjustifiably, uncontrollably attacked our country. In addition, armed terrorists have been sighted in/near my own city, which is one of the most economically important city in the region and one of the many major economically important cities in the world. Any such terror attacks or war can lead to major diplomatic and geo-political changes and can also effect personal life, including that of the staff. You guys might wonder why I'm saying this. I'm not saying all this for discussions or to make a statement. I'm saying this just to give you guys some idea about the situation, from which the staff have to deal with when we are not online. This is just my example. There are many such examples for the other staff. Yet with all this, we do not forget about the site.

So yes, just you let you guys know. We absolutely care for you guys and the site and irrespective of limited time and workload we get, we try to make sure we do as much as we can for the site.

Archived