"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I dont know why but I always get this error pop up when start IDM at first time (FYI I disable IDM startup on msconfig)

JKWejl_KHDjhcx_EDe3r4p_F.png

Can it be solved?

what browser r u using ?

basically IDM integration has not been done appropriately.

U need to manually add them(drag and drop the extension) and then browse ur browser in IDM options panel.

If above fails, reinstall IDM and then do the above steps. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW

For some time now I've been not able download anything from Piriform site.

All my browsers and IDM as well - they download only .htm file instead of .exes.

Did anybody experienced the same lately ?

Why is it so ?

• check your firewall that could block Piriform site.
  • check you Ad blocker that might be also block it. I had same experience that caused by Ad Guard filter then put it exclusion list

what browser r u using ?

basically IDM integration has not been done appropriately.

U need to manually add them(drag and drop the extension) and then browse ur browser in IDM options panel.

If above fails, reinstall IDM and then do the above steps. :)

Firefox 32.0 final.

Ok, will try to configure it before reinstall.

I dont know why but I always get this error pop up when start IDM at first time (FYI I disable IDM startup on msconfig)

JKWejl_KHDjhcx_EDe3r4p_F.png

Can it be solved?

Remember to install IDM with all browsers CLOSED - other way integration can be corrupted.

The latest IDM CC 7.3.85 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V35 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uzpedr16fiauhzk

Just for information changes have been made to make it compatible with the latest IDM and Nightly versions ;)

Hi everybody,

I followed the instruction: block IPs, run the bat file to clean the registration info, then register with random serial, it seems ok the first time but when I restart the computer, IDM still detected that I used fake serial. I wonder if I did something wrong or missing any step?

Hi everybody,

I followed the instruction: block IPs, run the bat file to clean the registration info, then register with random serial, it seems ok the first time but when I restart the computer, IDM still detected that I used fake serial. I wonder if I did something wrong or missing any step?

just try and register again for the second time

if still not successful,post details with regards to ur security setup, the AV/Firewall u r using

any other security app

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing the same.

Did try to register with other serials several times but IDM denied all. I installed the lasted version 6.21 Build 8

I use Windows 7 enterprise SP1 firewall to create rule to block IPs and allow for IDMan.exe like the instruction of first post, both in Outbound Rule section.

Problem solved. Thanks to rkkdjb for checking and fixing it for me. I really appreciate your help.

Turned out I was so stupid to add blocking IPs in "Local IP Address" of Scope section of my Outbound Blocking Rule. It should be added in "Remote IP Address".

i have used the tuto of page one on IDM build 7 with KIS 13 firewall and win7 firewall and it work perfect for me untill now, plus i activte IDM with internet "on" and it dose't tel me fack serial

The latest IDM CC 7.3.87 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V35 :–

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/uzpedr16fiauhzk

kitkatforme013

Just a heads up guys, there's another IP Address that IDM is using to phone home, I've used the IP Addresses in the OP to block it thru HOSTS but still it can check if it's updated or not.

post-8650-0-08071200-1410190095_thumb.jp

Just a heads up guys, there's another IP Address that IDM is using to phone home, I've used the IP Addresses in the OP to block it thru HOSTS but still it can check if it's updated or not.

You are combining two methods - the hosts as well as the IP/(Firewall) Block (the later only partially)

Hence you are bound to have some repurcussions.

If you read properly all the products and apps mention in this topic have been blocked by using Firewall only without touching the hosts file.

Also FYI, the hosts method is not working now, you are bound to get fake serial.

Wouldn't be surprised if ur IDM gets de-registered just after restart.

Also each entry in hosts file have a direct impact on your browsing speed.

Hence, if u r gonna follow this method don't take only a few steps from it, follow it completely.

kitkatforme013

Got it, though I thought HOSTS method was the same as with the Firewall Method here, turns out it wasn't. Also just to be clear, I didn't do the Firewall method, I just applied the IPs mention in the OP to the HOSTS Method. Cheers! :cheers:

You are combining two methods - the hosts as well as the IP/(Firewall) Block (the later only partially)

Hence you are bound to have some repurcussions.

If you read properly all the products and apps mention in this topic have been blocked by using Firewall only without touching the hosts file.

Also FYI, the hosts method is not working now, you are bound to get fake serial.

Wouldn't be surprised if ur IDM gets de-registered just after restart.

Also each entry in hosts file have a direct impact on your browsing speed.

Hence, if u r gonna follow this method don't take only a few steps from it, follow it completely.

Got it, though I thought HOSTS method was the same as with the Firewall Method here, turns out it wasn't. Also just to be clear, I didn't do the Firewall method, I just applied the IPs mention in the OP to the HOSTS Method. Cheers! :cheers:

Didn't u read what i wrote just above :doh:

Don't blame dcs18 then if ur IDM gets de-registered.

If u want we can help u out.(post details of AV/Firewall u r using)

Also, illustrations on how to do it in some popular firewalls have already been posted in the OP

kitkatforme013

I don't want to argue on anything here, thanks that you have corrected me, and I'm not blaming anybody here, sorry also for the misinformation above, I just thought that HOSTS method was the same as the Firewall method, as what you have cleared up with me. :sorry:

TO MODS: If there would be kind Mods here to remove my Post, Post #994, it would be highly appreciated. Sorry for the misinformation.

Also I'm not using any A/V or activated any Firewalls on my PC, 5 months so far it's still malware free.

I don't want to argue on anything here, thanks that you have corrected me, and I'm not blaming anybody here, sorry also for the misinformation above, I just thought that HOSTS method was the same as the Firewall method, as what you have cleared up with me. :sorry:

TO MODS: If there would be kind Mods here to remove my Post, Post #994, it would be highly appreciated. Sorry for the misinformation.

Also I'm not using any A/V or activated any Firewalls on my PC, 5 months so far it's still malware free.

lol no need to be sorry and i m not arguing

i m just stating the fact, if its working for u then good :thumbsup:

if it(hosts) fails, we r here to help u out. :yes:

btw the method works even on default/native windows firewall :o

p.s are we cool ;)

I done told every one back in June internet gets through host blocks its in the 1st post were the topic starter talks about the moment of truth. Before this everyone was trying to use host blocks still .

IDM 6.20 Build 1 When trying to register it with host blocks it was calling out 184.173.188.107.

Build 2 it let me register with host blocks but still internet got though with 184.173.188.104 when checking for updates .

Current build its checking with 184.173.188.107 last I tested host blocks a week or so ago they dont work at all anymore because IDM uses a different port with 184.173.188.107 every time it really cant be blocked in host anymore .

Good :fight: between IDM devs and :pirate: :D

and it looks like :pirate: r winning it :win:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived