"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Well I know one way he could stop it with without a firewall but i dont want make things to easy for them :lol:

That's ur wish but i m answering only within the realm of this topic and to the best of my knowledge.

One way can to use Peerblock and the 22 IDM Block IP's to it,not try but can work ...., or maybe also with the IPSEC Policy Windows, same not try but why not ....

Yes there's lots of ways to block ips but Peerblock not a very good way because it must be on all the time to to work . Its good for stuff like torrent clients that you dont allow to start up with your machine.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But im going to stick to using a very old one I have that dont have no limitations . ;)

Are you talking about this ?

k96E4CY.png

Maybe the software is stuck in 30 days trial mode and you will need to clean it with revo every 30 days . You can try it with a newer one and see does it work as well.

Did you try it with newest version 4.75.0.0 ?

Is Allow rule required in newer version or only Block rule is sufficient in WFC ? :think:

Both are required ;)

Back then, I used to use the "routing" method to block specific IP addresses, even making the changes permanent ones. I don't remember devs. defeating that method, as they sometimes do with the widely know HOSTs or FWs workarounds (as the paranoiacs' king Gavrila does), but even when they could do it, one can still create the the very same redirections, thru' the router's settings. :whistle:

Back then, I used to use the "routing" method to block specific IP addresses, even making the changes permanent ones. I don't remember devs. defeating that method, as they sometimes do with the widely know HOSTs or FWs workarounds (as the paranoiacs' king Gavrila does), but even when they could do it, one can still create the the very same redirections, thru' the router's settings. :whistle:

if you remember back then i was using a legit key for TU and had figured out you could keep using host block by using 5.0.1 with host blocks and installing over top and you would stay registered . But i knew as soon as version 6 came out host block method would be gone all together . All so martau put bans on most fw but a few worked still . In version 6 every one switched to blocking IPs in there FW instead of EXE . Still if you use programs like Kaspersky they like to come unregistered. If the program wasn't rentware I would have a key still. No wonder nothing has leaked for it since 2013. :lol:

But the case with IDM most having trouble its due to loop back and leaking . If i used and anti-virus like kaspersky I'd block programs a different way than a FW . ;)

Prevent CCleaner From Dialing Home + Self Updating

Download Link For Program : https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/professional

Activation Codes :

http://pastebin.com/cBXAQtbE

Program path to be blocked : "C:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner64.exe"

IPs to be blocked : 108.171.164.205,103.245.222.175

Block Rule To Be Created( Illustration For WFC) :

image.png

Can it be updated ?

Since we have prevented it from live updates, it cannot update from within itself or by automatic updates.

But you can download the new updated installer and run that over old one, without the need of uninstalling the old version.

Conclusively, we can update the program manually.

Proof of activation being retained even after updating program manually :

image.png

image.png

As you see above, the product remains activated even after updating from ver.4.16 to ver.4.17

Since, this app does not require internet for its functioning, allow rule is not required.

Instead of adding IPs, you can also block the app altogether in your firewall.

Credits: hihello & steven36

I used a serial software182 posted and block exe head on and its worked every since. this program is not required internet to function so blocking ips are not required .

I used a serial software182 posted and block exe head on and its worked every since. this program is not required internet to function so blocking ips are not required .

have already mentioned that as well ;)

The IPs was for those who want to have greater control over their apps

I have it blocked in windows Firewall its self not WFC I have another program called Firewall app blocker that lets me block exes In WF in a few secs .

I have it blocked in windows Firewall its self not WFC I have another program called Firewall app blocker that lets me block exes In WF in a few secs.

I mentioned WFC only as an illustration, doesn't matter which firewall you use as long as it's working as it should :yes:

And like I said earlier, nSaners would be more than eager for your own topic/methods in 'Guides And Tutorial' :ganja:

I have it blocked in windows Firewall its self not WFC I have another program called Firewall app blocker that lets me block exes In WF in a few secs.

I mentioned WFC only as an illustration, doesn't matter which firewall you use as long as it's working as it should :yes:

And like I said earlier, nSaners would be more than eager for your own topic/methods in 'Guides And Tutorial' :ganja:

Well for programs that dont require internet function at all blocking ips are never needed if they was to ever get another ip they would become unregistered when blocking the whole program would not.

Its just like Windows Manger All I had to do was turn my net off install it turn updates off and register and block both exe with a firewall and it could not call home at all . And people in this topic trying to figure out all the live update ips a lot work for nothing.

Well for programs that dont require internet function at all blocking ips are never needed if they was to ever get another ip they would become unregistered when blocking the whole program would not.

Why are you saying the same thing again and again, see your conversation below.

You are just roaming around in the circle, i can do it all day long if you want.

Is this a tactic just to increase your post count so you could be a V.i.P :think:

Why are you saying the same thing again and again, see your conversation below.

You are just roaming around in the circle, i can do it all day long if you want.

Is this a tactic just to increase your post count so you could be a V.i.P :think:

I dont care about post count I been a member here since 2007 I was and Elite at another board were the only person had more post than me was the owner and I just up and quit .. if that tells you anything.

I dont care about post count I been a member here since 2007 I was and Elite at another board were the only person had more post than me was the owner and I just up and quit .. if that tells you anything.

Why complicate matters even when its not required ?

Had I not mentioned the same what you are talking abt i wud have more than welcomed your suggestions

But when it was alredy mentioned then why have some baseless arguement ?

All i can say is congratulations :clap: you have achieved your status :win:

Why complicate matters even when its not required ?

Had I not mentioned the same what you are talking abt i wud have more than welcomed your suggestions

But when it was alredy mentioned then why have some baseless arguement ?

All i can say is congratulations :clap: you have achieved your status :win:

You need to reed the 1st post i have my right to speak in this topic if i want too . This whole topic was started because of something I said .

I agree with Steven - no need to block IPs if you can block just exe.

If you block IPs you can't visit a home page, what might be usefull (for downlowds, guides, information).

If you block IPs you can't visit a home page, what might be usefull (for downlowds, guides, information).

lady you don't know what you are talking abt seriously

what u r saying is that blocking a part of program will prevent you from browsing a sitepage but blocking it completely will not :o

:lmao: :rofl: :lol:

You need to reed the 1st post i have my right to speak in this topic if i want too . This whole topic was started because of something I said .

I am done wasting forum space arguing with you

Also i will not help in your new aim : steven36 -> steven36 :uhuh:

BTW

For some time now I've been not able download anything from Piriform site.

All my browsers and IDM as well - they download only .htm file instead of .exes.

Did anybody experienced the same lately ?

Why is it so ?

lady you don't know what you are talking abt seriously

what u r saying is that blocking a part of program will prevent you from browsing a sitepage but blocking it completely will not :o

:lmao: :rofl: :lol:

Not funny some firewalls block ips though the exe some firewalls block ips thorough the whole pc and block whole sites off all fw are not alike

Not funny some firewalls block ips though the exe some firewalls block ips thorough the whole pc and block whole sites off all fw are not alike

Ok i promise myself this is the last reply to u, god help me in my pledge :beg:

Then those firewall are not properly configured, you can't leave everything to default settings, can you ?

He can mad all he wants I'm not a mod that's there job I dont see were I said anything I was posting the truth .. If he has some firewall method that's useful then post it. I could post methods all day long about programs how to block ips that dont require internet contention but what good is it when you can block the exe.

I dont know why but I always get this error pop up when start IDM at first time (FYI I disable IDM startup on msconfig)

JKWejl_KHDjhcx_EDe3r4p_F.png

Can it be solved?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived