"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

1 hour ago, Dukun Cabul said:

I just did a test
1. Launch Freegate v7.59
2. Open IDM >> Run Quick Update >> (Blocked by firewall)
3. Open browser >> Navigate to IDM homepage >> download file >> (Successful)
4. Turn off Freegate >> Open browser >> Navigate to IDM home page >> (Blocked by firewall)
5. Turn off IDM >> Turn on IDM >> (Still activated)
6. Restart system >> (Still activated)
7. Turn off PC >> Turn on PC >> (Still activated)
8. Scan registry with RTKF >> (No VPK / Clean)
9. Repeat  tasks (1 - 8) several times >> (Same result)

Additional info:
- Desktop PC
- Windows 10 Pro x64

- Microsoft Edge and IE (I'm not using Firefox)

- Windows Firewall
- Kaspersky Anti Virus 17.0.0.611(c)
- LAN/Ethernet

- IDM 6.27 Build 3

- Blocking only one IP: 169.55.0.224

Note: I don't know why, currently I'm not able to insert images in this post

IDM connects to the internet directly by default. Have you clicked on the "Get from IE" button to make IDM use Freegate proxy?
Then if you click on the "check for updates" option in the Help menu, you will see that IDM is not blocked by Windows Firewall anymore. And not immediately but after a while you will see the message that serial number is fake ....

GeYjS95.jpg

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J4NY4R said:

IDM connects to the internet directly by default. Have you clicked on the "Get from IE" button to make IDM use Freegate proxy?
Then if you click on the "check for updates" option in the Help menu, you will see that IDM is not blocked by Windows Firewall anymore. And not immediately but after a while you will see the message that serial number is fake ....

Well, I think we have different purposes ....

All I want is to hold the activation while still able to browse/navigate to any/some sites ...

In my case, I prefer not to sacrifice my activation :D

UPDATE INFO:

I just did what you said and ..... yes, I got VPK in registry :D

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, Dukun Cabul said:

- Blocking only one IP: 169.55.0.224

Sorry guys, I forgot to say that I deliberately use that configuration in order to find "something" that will break my IDM activation ...... Don't try it at home, unless you are willing to take risks :D

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2017 at 3:36 AM, J4NY4R said:
On 2/2/2017 at 1:29 AM, dcs18 said:

3. Is the download speed the only criterion — or, are there any other reasons for not using a VPN?

3. Download speed + security (logged IP on VPN server) + ... 

Let me know if I can interest you with an encryption software which is in developmental stage and practically unknown (to most folks) — it offers the best internet speeds (with the usual security.)

56 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Let me know if I can interest you with an encryption software which is in developmental stage and practically unknown (to most folks) — it offers the best internet speeds (with the usual security.)

Why not? I'm eager to know it. I have always felt well by your suggestions and ideas. 
(Hope everything has been going well for you so far)

[1st April 2017]: "The Acronis Tutorial In A Nutshell"

April Fool  what the hell did you expect . . . . . . in a nutshell? :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 9:47 AM, dcs18 said:

"A Blazing Fast, 2baksa.net — Free From Malvertising"

This tutorial no longer works after the WebMasters at 2baksa made exhaustive changes to their site — would not mind creating a new tutorial for 2baksa (but . . . . . . only if there are enough folks using it.) ;)

• 5 weeks later...

"Installing Greenify (Donate) On Privileged (ROM-integrated) Mode"

(monitor post 2 for all updates)

The Objective:

UnhmrOW.png

The Uninstall:

It's advisable to uninstall Greenify before installing every new update/upgrade. Generally, Greenify uses some higher level of permissions, we're gonna deactivate the following 3 of those elevations:—

Device administrator:

Navigate to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators >> Greenify Automator >> (if the box is checked, un-check the box) >> Deactivate this device administrator >> OK (ensure visually that the Greenify Automator >> is indeed deactivated.)

Apps with usage access:

Navigate to Settings >> Security >> Apps with usage access >> Greenify >> (if it's set to On) >> Permit usage access >> (disable) >> (ensure visually that Greenify >> is now reflected as Off.)

Accessibility:

Navigate to Settings >> Accessibility >> Greenify - Automated Hibernation >> (if it's set to On switch it to Off) >> OK >> (ensure visually that Greenify - Automated Hibernation >> is now reflected as Off.)

Navigate to Settings >> Apps >> Greenify >> Force Stop >> OK >> Storage >> Clear Data >> OK >> UNINSTALL >> OK >> (restart the device.)

The Elevation:

Install the Greenify update but don't tap Open at the end of installation — tap Done, instead.

Run Lucky Patcher >> locate Greenify and hold it down >> (as per the following figure) tap Move to /system/app >> Yes >> (wait patiently without interrupting the process) >> (after Lucky Patcher has done it's thing, tap Yes to reboot.)

NWrNdOR.png

Next, before configuring Greenify, ensure activation of the following 3 elevations by reversing the corresponding steps mentioned on the beginning of this tutorial:—

1. Device administrator:
  2. Apps with usage access:
  3. Accessibility:

Whenever you run your Greenify next, you'll be welcomed by a setup wizard — configure as per your ROM status and after you're done, navigate from (the 3 dot) Menu to Settings >>----> Working Mode {if successful, you should see the Privileged (ROM-integrated) Mode status — as illustrated on the opening screenshot.}

The last truly awesome version of the Free edition of Truecaller (v6.60) before it became bloatware:—

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /file/x7f64xy3qzf72c0/Truecaller_6.60.apk

If anyone has the Professional Edition (not modded one,) I'd like to hear from them — please feel free to post the v6.60 Professional Edition of Truecaller, here.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:34 AM, dcs18 said:

The last truly awesome version of the Free edition of Truecaller (v6.60) before it became bloatware:—

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /file/x7f64xy3qzf72c0/Truecaller_6.60.apk

If anyone has the Professional Edition (not modded one,) I'd like to hear from them — please feel free to post the v6.60 Professional Edition of Truecaller, here.

https://archive.org/details/LightDefaultTruecaller6.60PremiumApkPro

not tested

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you who've been receiving the fake serial pop-up from IDM, does renaming/deleting IDMGrHlp.exe ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe") resolve the issue (for the time being?)

Windows Firewall Control (WFC) Bug:—

A bug exists in the latest version, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) 4.9.8.0 — depending on ones personal configuration, this bug can cause IPs to leak (affecting any app. or program.)

This bears no effect on my personal configuration — if anyone using the firewall block technique, is facing IDM pop-ups and would like the issue resolved, do let me know.

Intending to bring the IP leak bug to the notice of the Developer.

4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Those of you who've been receiving the fake serial pop-up from IDM, does renaming/deleting IDMGrHlp.exe ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe") resolve the issue (for the time being?)

i used the trial reseter instead 

The IDM trouble appear's yesterday (target the date ?).

I assume, that's right there's a bug because the update (WFC_v4.9.7.0 to (WFC_v4.9.8.0) didn't work...

When I had remove and rename it (the file IDMGrHlp.exe), I got this error (at the first launch) :

IDM cannot find 1 file(s) that are necessary for browser and system integration. Please reinstall IDM
---------------------------

Then I assume, this solution can't work... Like in the past, I imagine the solution will be to clean Windows (via regedit) but could remain me (or us) the clsid ? Any idea about the name, now ?

Because according to trashreg_v3.9.4, I don't have anything related to Visual Protect 3.5+...

1 hour ago, Ecarion said:

The IDM trouble appear's yesterday (target the date ?).

I assume, that's right there's a bug because the update (WFC_v4.9.7.0 to (WFC_v4.9.8.0) didn't work...

When I had remove and rename it (the file IDMGrHlp.exe), I got this error (at the first launch) :

IDM cannot find 1 file(s) that are necessary for browser and system integration. Please reinstall IDM

Then I assume, this solution can't work... Like in the past, I imagine the solution will be to clean Windows (via regedit) but could remain me (or us) the clsid ? Any idea about the name, now ?

Because according to trashreg_v3.9.4, I don't have anything related to Visual Protect 3.5+...

use this blank file 

62497a69e0d54648b189e6aa5b0de0b5.png

IDMGrHlp.exe

8 hours ago, dcs18 said:

No need to rename/delete IDMGrHlp.exe.

3 hours ago, Ecarion said:

No need to sanitize the IDM installation, by hunting for and deleting the Visual Protect 3.5+ key

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Windows Firewall Control (WFC) Bug:—

A bug exists in the latest version, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) 4.9.8.0 — depending on ones personal configuration, this bug can cause IPs to leak (affecting any app. or program.)

This bears no effect on my personal configuration — if anyone using the firewall block technique, is facing IDM pop-ups and would like the issue resolved, do let me know.

Intending to bring the IP leak bug to the notice of the Developer.

There's no IP leak from WFC — for the time-being, just add the following entry to your hosts before re-activating IDM:—

127.0.0.1 registeridm.com

It looks as if it's going to take some hosts entries and some IPs to prevent deactivation.

6 hours ago, Ecarion said:

After a certain period, you'll find the Visual Protect 3.5+.

XKAp6LC.png

2 hours ago, Ice Frog said:

not to interfere in your work but registeridm is trial check only , retail setup use www.internetdownloadmanager.com for checking. 

You have no idea.

Undertaker

@dcs18 :hi:

Long time, hope you are good.

I have the IDM-WFC problem, looking forward to resolving this with you.

Tell me what info you need from me.

:)

@Staff I'm not looking for any trouble.

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

I have the IDM-WFC problem, looking forward to resolving this with you.

Tell me what you info you need from me.

:)

+1 

@dcs18 i tried everything and the same problem !! 

Hello guys!

1. Close IDM — ensure that it's not running as a background process.
  2. Use Registry Trash Keys Finder to inspect the Visual Protect 3.5+ key and delete it, if found.
  3. Download Dukun Cabul's IDM Cleaner batch file from the OP and run it.
  4. Switch-off your internet.
  5. Install the latest IDM (whichever edition is your preferred one — Trial or Retail.)
  6. All the IPs remain the same.
  7. All the firewall rules remain the same.
  8. No hosts patching is required.
  9. No dummy IDMGrHlp.exe file is needed.
  10. Let me know if this worked or not, for you fellas.
2 hours ago, Undertaker said:

All set — good to hear from you. F3h9xqz.gif

2 hours ago, Undertaker said:

I'm speaking to them, right away. ;)

Undertaker
9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Hello guys!

1. Close IDM — ensure that it's not running as a background process.
  2. Use Registry Trash Keys Finder to inspect the Visual Protect 3.5+ key and delete it, if found.
  3. Download Dukun Cabul's IDM Cleaner batch file from the OP and run it.
  4. Switch-off your internet.
  5. Install the latest IDM (whichever edition is your preferred one — Trial or Retail.)
  6. All the IPs remain the same.
  7. All the firewall rules remain the same.
  8. No hosts patching is required.
  9. No dummy IDMGrHlp.exe file is needed.
  10. Let me know if this worked or not, for you fellas.

Hey, thanks.

I don't have the fake serial error just yet but I can see my IDM bypassing my firewall block rules.

Even with the block rules it is allowing connection to those IPs. I tried creating new rules from start but they worked for sometime and then again started allowing the blocked connection.

9 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

All set — good to hear from you. F3h9xqz.gif

Hope the same for family(especially for your mom) :)

My like limit for today has reached its peak but you know how much I appreciate your help. Thanx

Yes, Tonec seems to be bypassing the WFC block rule for the IP 169.55.40.5 — it's under observation and yet to be determined whether it's a WFC bug (have yet to file a report with the Developer.)

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived