"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

uMatrix is indeed awesome — it replaced 3 add-ons, for me (including the venerable NoScript — my very first add-on.)

I keep switching between uBlock and Adblock Plus — but, uMatrix has been a constant denominator.

same here until last week i removed all adblockers 

used this 

Use these servers to block ads, trackers and phishing websites

Family Protection

"Default" + blocking adult websites + safe search

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html

and 

https://www.poperblocker.com/

& it is awesome 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undertaker,

Why don't you do a tutorial on the Visual Protect 3.5+ tutorial — shall provide the screenshot (if required.) ;)

14 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Undertaker,

Why don't you do a tutorial on the Visual Protect 3.5+ tutorial — shall provide the screenshot (if required.) ;)

Excellent idea!

I second that.

Nsane community would be greatly beneficited.

Undertaker

Deleting the Visual Protect 3.5+ Key

If your IDM is showing fake serial notification, chances are that you have the Visual Protect 3.5+ key(simply, VP 3.5) in your registry. To do away with the notification, follow the below mentioned steps:-

1) Download Registry Trash Keys Finder(RTKF). Although, full version is preferred but free version is good enough to unearth this key.

2) Close and exit IDM completely.

3) Swtich off your internet i.e. go in offline mode.

4) Open RTKF. In Menu Bar, go to File and select 'Switch to 32-bit mode' option.

5) Now search for the Visual Protect 3.5+ key in the right hand side description.

6) Right click and choose 'Delete Selected Keys' option.

7) Restart your system.

Finally, register your IDM again or use whatever method you use to tame IDM.

Dj7kZWZ.png

Notes:

• The key not need be in the same location as shown in the screenshot, hence you need to use the software yourself to find out about it's location for your particular PC.
  • For Firewall(FW) method users, if before deleting the key, you haven't created the firewall rules, IDM will again make the call and create that Visual Protect 3.5+ key.
  • If you don't have the VP 3.5+ key, a clean install of IDM should do away with the fake serial notification. If you are still receiving the nagging fake serial popup, it means your FW, patch is not handling it properly.

2 hours ago, Undertaker said:

If your IDM is showing fake serial notification, chances are that you have the Visual Protect 3.5+ key(simply, VP 3.5) in your registry. To do away with the notification, follow the below mentioned steps:-

am use to deleting that key daily with not a clue of what is it

THX man because that explains a lot ^^

Before posting the new IPs to resolve the current issue, shall be posting the steps to clean IDM (once I get the time.)

The tutorial on the OP is due for a shake-up, too. ;)

On 6/4/2017 at 6:50 PM, bubbada said:
On 10/16/2015 at 9:40 PM, bubbada said:

this works for comodo * profile 0 and no global rules

i have prepared reg file for the 25 idm ips for comodo for profile 0 also needs interaction from comodo so it assigns UIDs by going to Tasks*Firewall Tasks*Open Advanced Settings*global rules and pressing ok

----------------------------------------------------

Updated 4/6/2017

* Since Comodo's registry settings moved in Comodo Internet Security 10

so here's

DL Link for 27 IPs for before Comodo 10

DL Link for 27 IPs for Comodo 10 (& After)

I thought i'd share since last link was dead and there has been a change with Comodo registry settings since version 10.

5 hours ago, Undertaker said:

OP and credits duly updated. F3h9xqz.gif

"Reviving A Hopelessly Contaminated IDM"

(monitor post 2 for all updates)

The Precaution:—

Check for and delete the encrypted Visual Protect 3.5+ key which Tonec could have possibly used in order to blacklist the IDM activation.

The De-installation:—

Use the Add or remove programs (do not make use of any third party uninstalling apps. or programs) — reboot the computer

The Housekeeping:—

Most of the following debris might not exist — delete the following directories and the driver (if they are present):—

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Download Manager

C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\IDM

C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Download Manager

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\idmwfp.sys

Most of the debris listed in the text document at the following download link, might not exist — run RegEdit from an elevated Command Prompt to delete the registry keys (if they are present):—

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /file/eayzauqye9bbmnq/IDM_Registry_Entries.rar

The Installation:—

Restart the computer and after installing a fresh copy of IDM, check once again and delete the encrypted Visual Protect 3.5+ key (if present).

Closing Notes:—

• The instances of IDM directories, registry entries and the driver were referenced from the 6.28.11
  • This list is a comprehensive one and is intended to be kept updated
  • Keep checking this space for the new IPs to reactivate IDM.

12 hours ago, dcs18 said:

"Reviving A Hopelessly Contaminated IDM"

The Housekeeping:—

Reveal hidden contents

Convenient ways for me use Everything to find and delete left traces in directory ( but be careful if you have dual OS ). Then use CCleaner to clean registry (most of them detected). But its your choices..guys

Thanks dear

Cheers :wub:

11 hours ago, sirri said:

Convenient ways for me use Everything to find and delete left traces in directory ( but be careful if you have dual OS ).

I agree with this part — there's a new portable release (Revision 2) for those interested.

11 hours ago, sirri said:

Then use CCleaner to clean registry (most of them detected).

I don't agree with this part — but, can't disclose the reason until the new firewall rules are published. :secret:

Is there a new IP to block? IDM is calling home when I go to "Check for updates".

On 6/7/2017 at 2:32 AM, Undertaker said:

what would happen if i made a blank one as read only ?

Undertaker
4 hours ago, A.lemane said:

You can try but I don't think it would matter much.

Also this key becomes insignificant if you are using trial resetter, because it hinders the registration part only and since in trial reset you are not registering, this key doesn't affect you. Why this key comes back daily is because your system is allowing the connection.

Just now, Undertaker said:

You can try but I don't think it would matter much.

Also this key becomes insignificant if you are using trial resetter, because it hinders the registration part only and since in trial reset you are not registering, this key doesn't affect you. Why this key comes back daily is because your system is allowing the connection.

well in the old days idm wouldn't bother u with those popups even if u were blacklisted as long as ur trial days arent over yet but now u have to unregister 

and am not a fan of the trial reset method i prefer what u guys r working on and obviously the same goes for u 

so THX

Undertaker

IDM v6.28 build 12 released

Changelog:-

• CIDR FW blocking is now bypassed in this build. :tooth:
  • The serial check(test.internetdownloadmanager.com) at 'download completion' has now been removed.

Must be Dave sneaking in on us. :sneaky:

hamanokaito
4 hours ago, A.lemane said:

IDM will make some key in registry. If you make it only read. IDM check key but don't have data IDM ignore and run.

So if you block key registry by only read. You can use trial forever or registration success with idm.

P/s: Current version idm make 3 key registry. 1 key check registration, 2 key notice to use pirated copyright <build 11 and 12>

6 hours ago, anakin206 said:

Is there a new IP to block? IDM is calling home when I go to "Check for updates".

There are many new IPs. :secret:

55 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

IDM v6.28 build 12 released

Changelog:-

• CIDR FW blocking is now bypassed in this build. :tooth:

But the retarded CIDR continues to block non-IDM IPs from half the globe. A5qMhta.gif

55 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

• The serial check(test.internetdownloadmanager.com) at 'download completion' has now been removed.

Must be Dave sneaking in on us. :sneaky:

There was a valid reason for not publishing the new IPs — would be a great idea to wait for the V7 (the pressure is on Tonec.)

On 6/4/2017 at 0:49 PM, dcs18 said:

Have been trying out Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus once every 6 months — all those little nuggets you mentioned are available as ready made templates (which is actually a great boon for the average Joe and others venturing into the firewall concept.) Personally, I deleted all of those and crafted my own custom templates.

Hi dcs18!

Please may you share your sets of templates? This may be really helpful for me.

Undertaker
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

But the retarded CIDR continues to block non-IDM IPs from half the globe. A5qMhta.gif

I told you I was learning :P

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

There was a valid reason for not publishing the new IPs — would be a great idea to wait for the V7 (the pressure is on Tonec.)

We thought that IDM would release v7 with w10, that didn't happen, so the wait continues...

7 hours ago, J4NY4R said:
On 6/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, dcs18 said:

Have been trying out Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus once every 6 months — all those little nuggets you mentioned are available as ready made templates (which is actually a great boon for the average Joe and others venturing into the firewall concept.) Personally, I deleted all of those and crafted my own custom templates.

Hi dcs18!

Please may you share your sets of templates? This may be really helpful for me.

Hi J4NY4R, would've loved to — but, I had to uninstall Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus the very same day due to leaking and did not export the settings.

Hope you realize that I was referring to Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus and not Windows Firewall Control. For Users of Windows Firewall Control, I have some lovely new firewall hardening rules, which haven't been shared, as yet.

Don't know if this is anything to go by working out how to rid of the fake serial message by looking on how its produced.

with IDM 6.28 build 12 installed and serial with the 27 IP's blocked by comodo global rules.

and using System Explorer by Mister Group (SE).

I see from the History Tab in SE.

"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" -Embedding    |        Details www.internetdownloadmanager.com:0 (169.55.0.224)

when i get the fake serial notification i look at things ran by idm and either of these is seen.

"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 3 /w 787362
"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 4 /w 787362
"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 5 /w 787362
"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 3 /w 525766
"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 4 /w 525766

"c:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMGrHlp.exe" /ch 6 /w 525766

I'm not sure what the command line switches are, but i thought id share this someone may work it out.:D

2 hours ago, 0bin said:
4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Hi J4NY4R, would've loved to — but, I had to uninstall Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus the very same day due to leaking and did not export the settings.

Hope you realize that I was referring to Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus and not Windows Firewall Control. For Users of Windows Firewall Control, I have some lovely new firewall hardening rules, which haven't been shared, as yet.

@dcs18 could you say more about the leakings of Windows 10 Firewall Control when you have time? Thx.

0bin, please subject the Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus, with your personal (customized) settings to the GRC ShieldsUp Test — reveals the anti-leak status of ones firewall (hoping to see your results beat mine.) F3h9xqz.gif

On 6/7/2017 at 8:02 AM, Undertaker said:

The latest Registry Trash Key Finder (RTKF) 3.9.4.0 portable is here.

15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

The latest Registry Trash Key Finder (RTKF) 3.9.4.0 portable is here.

Hope it revival my trial version of NIS and not depend on requesting the key. Thanks for the referral link.

18 minutes ago, 0bin said:
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

0bin, please subject the Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus, with your personal (customized) settings to the GRC ShieldsUp Test — reveals the anti-leak status of ones firewall (hoping to see your results beat mine.) F3h9xqz.gif

@dcs18, I tried the test, but cannot pass my first firewall hardware. Maybe I'm typing the wrong URL, I saw it first start testin UPNP for router. Do you have specific link for the test that Windows 10 Firewall Control fails? Thx.

Your first GRC ShieldsUp Test starts here >> (click) Proceed >> then, at the page that opens-up, the rest of the following tests can be run:—

ASAwdGD.png

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived