"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

On 10/7/2016 at 6:10 PM, Ice Frog said:

thank you doing this. can you tell when its complete?

It's complete.

Unfortunately psarips.com uses an advertising platform which delivers ads. from a server that (automatically) changes it's domain every few minutes (something similar to the one used by nSane — through infolinks.com) — have nonetheless factored for the same. ^_^

In case you encounter any advertisement/s or pop-up/s, do post back the (full) relevant URL address and also detailed steps to reproduce the same — hopefully, someone should be able to sort out the codes to combat the same. ;)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/7/2016 at 4:43 PM, dcs18 said:

Preface:—

Reveal hidden contents
  • All Rules & Filters are Custom made (I do not use 3rd party Rules & Filters, in any form)
  • Enable pop-up blocking — these Custom Filters are good to block pop-ups, though
  • Disable script-blocking — these Custom Filters are good to block JavaScript, CSS, Plugins, Frames, Images, Fonts, etc., etc.
  • Tested on Firefox Nightly separately with Adblock Plus, uBlock and uMatrix (did not have the opportunity to test on Adguard, though) — use any ad. blocker of your choice
  • You need a capable Element Hiding Helper (either in-built or installed as a add-on)

Custom Net (Block) Filters:—

Reveal hidden contents

/pop.js|
||adskeeper.co.uk^$third-party
||dnxpseduuehm.com^
||doubleclick.net^
||facebook.com^$third-party
||psarips.com/wp-content/plugins/hueman-addons/assets/front/js/sharrre.php
||psarips.com/wp-content/themes/hueman-child/email-icon.png$image
||psarips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/PS-NG3.jpg$image
||spaste.com/themes/site/img/spaste-logo.png$image
||www.*.com/*.js|$script,domain=psarips.com

Custom Element Hiding (Block) Filters:—

Reveal hidden contents

psarips.com###footer-bottom
psarips.com###tag_cloud-2
psarips.com##.group.sidebar-top
psarips.com##div[id^="psari-"]
spaste.com##.col-md-9 > .row > .col-md-12:nth-of-type(1)
spaste.com##a[href="/site/rates"]
spaste.com##div:nth-of-type(5) > center

thank you sir. i see network tab of site and seethere  websocket request which do ads on the inside pages of site if u disable the rule psarips.com##div[id^="psari-"] can you block them too? the last rule in block filters is not thirdparty,hope it not block first party on site. i not see my side connecting to some domain like dnxpseduuehm.com , spaste is one connecting site, there others on site like keeplinks,bc.vc, sh.st, linkshrink but i don't know if u do all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2016 at 6:28 PM, Ice Frog said:

thank you sir. i see network tab of site and seethere  websocket request which do ads on the inside pages of site if u disable the rule psarips.com##div[id^="psari-"] can you block them too? the last rule in block filters is not thirdparty,hope it not block first party on site. i not see my side connecting to some domain like dnxpseduuehm.com , spaste is one connecting site, there others on site like keeplinks,bc.vc, sh.st, linkshrink but i don't know if u do all.

if anyone can help with this?

Please check my previous post (relevant part reproduced below)— also, screenshots would be of added help, towards resolution:—

On 10/9/2016 at 10:59 AM, dcs18 said:

In case you encounter any advertisement/s or pop-up/s, do post back the (full) relevant URL address and also detailed steps to reproduce the same

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Please check my previous post (relevant part reproduced below)— also, screenshots would be of added help, towards resolution:—

my friend already helped me out with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Important (and exciting) Developments:—

• The latest Firefox releases (especially Nightlies,) have been infused with an unprecedented degree of security.
  • uBlock Origin has made the most advances in blocking capabilities (especially in the element-hiding direction — it's however not yet in the same class of Adblock Plus, in terms of logging.)
  • Adblock Plus has taken a hit (in element-hiding capabilities) due to point # 1 — has nevertheless evolved in other directions (not as much as uBlock Origin, though.)
  • There's not much to choose between Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin — however, uBlock Origin has recently outdone Adblock Plus, IMO.
  • The TopGun continues to be uMatrix, especially when partnered with either uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus — uBlock Origin seems to handhold better.

Given the above developments, it's now possible to use some rather extreme and aggressive levels of ad. blocking — shall be revamping the Softexia and 2baksa tutorials, with a complete new set of rules & filters, that would deliver the following advantages:—

• Drastic reduction in the total number of filters.
  • Introduction of heuristic-based blocking.
  • Future compliance with extended effectiveness even when drastic changes would be made to the site.
  • Almost non-existent failure ratio.
  • Speedier performance (especially suitable for Users on a slower internet connection and/or lower bandwidth.)
  • Blocking with a far, far wider net.

On 10/2/2016 at 2:42 PM, dcs18 said:
Spoiler

*$image,object,object-subrequest,script,stylesheet,subdocument,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=softexia.com

this adblock rule.this not work because other adblockers use different modifiers.

Tested on Firefox Nightly separately with Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix (did not have the opportunity to test on Adguard, though) — use any ad. blocker of your choice

"A Blazing Fast, Data File Host — Free From Malvertising"

(monitor post 2 for all updates)

Before:—

rb5Ei7t.png

After:—

DrBsSuy.png

Preface:—

• All Rules & Filters are Custom made (I do not use 3rd party Rules & Filters, in any form)
  • Enable pop-up blocking
  • Disable script-blocking on Data File Host — these Custom Filters are good to block unnecessary CSS, Fonts, Flash, Frames, Images, Plugins, Scripts, Videos, Websockets, etc., etc.
  • Tested on Firefox Nightly separately with Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix (did not have the opportunity to test on Adguard, though) — use any ad. blocker of your choice
  • You need a capable Element Hiding Helper (either in-built or installed as a add-on)
  • Install Stylish (Beta) to rock-n-roll with the above ad. blockers (for some truly awesome mileage)

(Bonus) Safety Feature:—

Data File Host offers many download facilities not made available by most other hosts — however, they carry a nasty payload that is sometimes delivered through their inbuilt site download manager that uses the check-box option Download with Secured Download Manager.

In order to bypass the likelihood of forgetting to un-check the check-box and getting infected in the process — have implemented the following safety which is an additional feature:—

wF04v2a.png

Custom Exception (Allow) Filters:—

@@||datafilehost.com/img/rounded.css$stylesheet
@@||img.datafilehost.com/download.png$image
@@||img.datafilehost.com/rounded.css$stylesheet
@@||www.datafilehost.com/img/copy_link.gif$image
@@||www.datafilehost.com/ZeroClipboard.js$script
@@||www.datafilehost.com/ZeroClipboard.swf$object

Custom Net (Block) Filters:—

*$image,object,object-subrequest,script,stylesheet,subdocument,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=datafilehost.com

Custom Element Hiding (Block) Filters:—

datafilehost.com###dldtable > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(1) > td
datafilehost.com###form > div
datafilehost.com###menubtns
datafilehost.com###newfeat > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(1) > td:nth-of-type(1)
datafilehost.com###newfeat > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(2) > td
datafilehost.com###pp
datafilehost.com###report
datafilehost.com##div > h1
datafilehost.com##table:nth-of-type(2) > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(3) > p
datafilehost.com##td:nth-of-type(1) > p

Custom Stylish Rules:—

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("datafilehost.com") {

#header {
    border-radius: 16px 16px 0 0 !important;
    }

#dldtable,
    #container {
    background: hsla(206, 16%, 91%, 1.0) !important;
    border-radius: 16px 16px 0 0 !important;
    }

#round {
    background: hsla(206, 16%, 91%, 1.0) !important;
    border-radius: 0 0 16px 16px !important;
    }

body {
    background: hsla(210, 40%, 98%, 1.0) !important;
    }

.check-secure::before,
    .download_next {
    visibility: hidden !important;
    }

input[type="checkbox"]:checked {
    animation: blink 2s ease-in infinite !important;
    }

@keyframes blink {
    from, to { opacity: 1 }
    50% { opacity: 0 }
    }
}

17 hours ago, Ice Frog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*$image,object,object-subrequest,script,stylesheet,subdocument,websocket,xmlhttprequest,domain=softexia.com

Reveal hidden contents

Tested on Firefox Nightly separately with Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix (did not have the opportunity to test on Adguard, though) — use any ad. blocker of your choice

As already mentioned quite clearly — the tests were conducted on only 3 ad. blockers, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix (in no particular order.) Other ad. blockers may or may not work — that is way beyond my control. FWIW, those who insist on running a older version of even these 3 ad. blockers may also not see the full effect.

Though the tests were conducted on only 3 ad. blockers, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix, I do encourage Adguard based on the experience and feedback from other Users.

If you meant something other than what I interpreted, the following instruction-set still stands:—

On 10/23/2016 at 2:38 PM, dcs18 said:

In case you encounter any advertisement/s or pop-up/s, do post back the (full) relevant URL address and also detailed steps to reproduce the same

Data File Host Tutorial:—

• Added Custom Exception (Allow) Filters (which I had forgotten to.)
  • Added 2 demonstrative illustrations Before and After

2baksa Tutorial:—

• Removed 2 Custom Exception (Allow) Filters.
  • Added a new Custom Exception (Allow) Filter.
  • Added a new Custom Element Hiding (Block) Filter.
  • Replaced the 2 demonstrative illustrations Before and After.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 0:39 PM, dcs18 said:

As already mentioned quite clearly — the tests were conducted on only 3 ad. blockers, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix (in no particular order.) Other ad. blockers may or may not work — that is way beyond my control. FWIW, those who insist on running a older version of even these 3 ad. blockers may also not see the full effect.

Though the tests were conducted on only 3 ad. blockers, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix, I do encourage Adguard based on the experience and feedback from other Users.

If you meant something other than what I interpreted, the following instruction-set still stands:—

i use uBo on firefox latest.

6 hours ago, Ice Frog said:
On 11/6/2016 at 0:39 PM, dcs18 said:

i use uBo on firefox latest.

uBlock Origin is working fine here, with all the latest editions of Firefox.

This combo seems to be also working great for others who are using the above guides — or else, there would be plenty of complaints, by now.

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Softexia Tutorial:—

• Added a new Custom Stylish Rule.

• Added some new Custom Stylish Rules.
  • Optimized Stylish codes.

thank you for your efford bro.

I would like to get you add/edit search scrip for 2baksa.net

I knew you don't prefer but me :)

On 12/13/2016 at 5:53 PM, Dusktilldawn said:
On 12/13/2016 at 3:12 PM, dcs18 said:

Softexia Tutorial:—

• Added a new Custom Stylish Rule.

• Added some new Custom Stylish Rules.
  • Optimized Stylish codes.

thank you for your efford bro.

I would like to get you add/edit search scrip for 2baksa.net

I knew you don't prefer but me :)

The 2baksa Search Engine is buried right in the middle of many other elements — there are 2 drawbacks of restoring this Search Engine:—

1. There will be an entire new column (albeit blank) on the left hand side of the web page, causing a loss of horizontal real estate.
  2. The older Custom Element Hiding (Block) filters would need to be replaced completely with a new set, to accommodate the restored Search Engine.

New Custom Element Hiding (Block) Filters:—

2baksa.net###im_popupFixed
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(10)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(12)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(14)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(16)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(18)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(4)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(6)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(8)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(11)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(13)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(15)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(17)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(3)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(5)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(7)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(9)
2baksa.net##.rightel
2baksa.net##.td_blocks > .block_text
2baksa.net##.td_blocks > .leftblock
2baksa.net##a[href^="/news/"]:nth-of-type(2)
2baksa.net##body > div:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##body > div:nth-of-type(3)
2baksa.net##font > .leftblock:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td > .pageswitch > b
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > center:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > div:nth-of-type(2)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > div:nth-of-type(3) > center
2baksa.net##td:nth-of-type(2) > table > tbody > tr > td > center > font > b

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

The 2baksa Search Engine is buried right in the middle of many other elements — there are 2 drawbacks of restoring this Search Engine:—

1. There will be an entire new column (albeit blank) on the left hand side of the web page, causing a loss of horizontal real estate.
  2. The older Custom Element Hiding (Block) filters would need to be replaced completely with a new set, to accommodate the restored Search Engine.

New Custom Element Hiding (Block) Filters:—

Reveal hidden contents

2baksa.net###im_popupFixed
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(10)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(12)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(14)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(16)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(18)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(4)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(6)
2baksa.net##.block_text:nth-of-type(8)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(11)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(13)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(15)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(17)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(3)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(5)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(7)
2baksa.net##.leftblock:nth-of-type(9)
2baksa.net##.rightel
2baksa.net##.td_blocks > .block_text
2baksa.net##.td_blocks > .leftblock
2baksa.net##a[href^="/news/"]:nth-of-type(2)
2baksa.net##body > div:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##body > div:nth-of-type(3)
2baksa.net##font > .leftblock:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td > .pageswitch > b
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > center:nth-of-type(1)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > div:nth-of-type(2)
2baksa.net##table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > div:nth-of-type(3) > center
2baksa.net##td:nth-of-type(2) > table > tbody > tr > td > center > font > b

thank you bro

you r right as you have been alltime :)

On December 24, 2016 at 2:18 AM, dcs18 said:

Wishing all my dear friends a merry CHRISTmas. RlW5CMh.gif

Same to you my friend. Hope to see you more often here next year. New year new resolutions!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering ... how many times I have to patch IDM in this year :unsure:

Comparing to the last 2 years

2016 = 25 times (at least)

2015 = 30 times (at least)

Ref: IDM Updates

while trial users need to fix only 12 times in a year ;)

and users with IP block/firewall need only ...... (sorry, no data ... but my IDM still activated, it's been 2 years by now)

The only limitation with IP blocking method is one cannot use proxy tools.

One can use the IP blocking method with proxy tools and VPN (or, any other form of encryption) as well — provided one has the ability to calculate the fresh, new set of corresponding IPs. 7HSB47o.gif

Hi dude!

I don't have any problem with VPN and finding new IPs but I don't know how to do it for a proxy tool. Would you please guide me how to find and block? (Windows Firewall is not compatible with proxy tool...)

Sure, you might want to post at the playground since our ensuing conversation is likely to stray off-topic — also, this topic here, has a shorter shelf life.

You might also want to post details on the proxy tools and your reason/s for using them.

Thank you for your kind response, dear!

Curiosity and interest in learning is the main reason, and I can download almost with my complete bandwidth if I use a proxy tool like Freegate. My download speed is much less when I'm using my VPN service.

I'm looking for a way to find the new IP when it's redirected by Freegate. 

1. When you use Freegate, does it reroute your entire Computer — or, does it have a separate redirection provision, individually for your browser and for IDM, too.

2. How often do you use Freegateall the time, sometime or rarely?

3. Is the download speed the only criterion — or, are there any other reasons for not using a VPN?

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

1. When you use Freegate, does it reroute your entire Computer — or, does it have a separate redirection provision, individually for your browser and for IDM, too.

2. How often do you use Freegateall the time, sometime or rarely?

3. Is the download speed the only criterion — or, are there any other reasons for not using a VPN?

1. Freegate reroutes the entire computer unless there would be an option to choose or not to choose proxy in the program. For example one can make Firefox and IDM connect to internet directly (without rerouting) while using Freegate. 

2. Sometimes

3. Download speed + security (logged IP on VPN server) + ... 

I just did a test
1. Launch Freegate v7.59
2. Open IDM >> Run Quick Update >> (Blocked by firewall)
3. Open browser >> Navigate to IDM homepage >> download file >> (Successful)
4. Turn off Freegate >> Open browser >> Navigate to IDM home page >> (Blocked by firewall)
5. Turn off IDM >> Turn on IDM >> (Still activated)
6. Restart system >> (Still activated)
7. Turn off PC >> Turn on PC >> (Still activated)
8. Scan registry with RTKF >> (No VPK / Clean)
9. Repeat  tasks (1 - 8) several times >> (Same result)

Additional info:
- Desktop PC
- Windows 10 Pro x64

- Microsoft Edge and IE (I'm not using Firefox)

- Windows Firewall
- Kaspersky Anti Virus 17.0.0.611(c)
- LAN/Ethernet

- IDM 6.27 Build 3

- Blocking only one IP: 169.55.0.224

Note: I don't know why, currently I'm not able to insert images in this post

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived