"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Edit:--

If none of the above works for you - the Red Alloy theme might have be written to work with only a Custom ROM.

zYyVM2O.png

So there is no way I can instal the required theme engine without installing the whole custom ROM?

It is easier to install a custom ROM than it is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have already tried some Xposed based theme engines but none of them worked.

Alright, point me towards a custom ROM for my device.

@dcs18, I looked everywhere including "developer option" but nothing related to theme is there.

@kantry123, it's the Asus zenfone 5 stock ROM (rooted).

RUDAX

I've seen ur device and UR device didn't get a Forum psace on xda thats means u don't have developmemt on XDA(Device specific thread)

so i guess u can only use stock rom!!!!

ALSO THE THEMES U R USING is for cyanogenmod not Stock rom

the themes won't work until u r using a cyanogemod + Deodexed framework

u can apply themes if ASUS allows (signed by asus)

but u cannot apply custom themes at all

DO NOTE if u force to replace any theme of system u may end UP in BOOTLOOP and worst case HARDBRICK

do do take care of these things as i know this is ur first smartphone u must be excited but PLAY SAFE as i had some bad experiences

regards

@dcs18, I looked everywhere including "developer option" but nothing related to theme is there.

@kantry123, it's the Asus zenfone 5 stock ROM (rooted).

RUDAX

I've seen ur device and UR device didn't get a Forum psace on xda thats means u don't have developmemt on XDA(Device specific thread)

so i guess u can only use stock rom!!!!

ALSO THE THEMES U R USING is for cyanogenmod not Stock rom

u can apply themes if ASUS allows (signed by asus)

but u cannot apply custom themes at all

DO NOTE if u force to replace any theme of system u may end UP in BOOTLOOP and worst case HARDBRICK

do do take care of these things as i know this is ur first smartphone u must be excited but PLAY SAFE as i had some bad experiences

regards

Thanks buddy for your valuable input.

I saw a CM 11 custom ROM is made available for Zenfone 5 but the bad thing is that some features are not working. I hope, there will be a thread in XDA regarding my device soon.

One does not compulsorily need to use only a CyanogenMod - that theme also works on other custom ROMs such as AOKP and Paranoid Android.

Moreover, I am running it without deodexing my system framework folder - that is not compulsory, either.

software182

Hey dcs, maybe you want to take a look about DK 12 Server from sledge :)

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/140036-diskeeper-12-professional-16010170/page-60?do=findComment&comment=935612

What's your opinion ? :)

Sounds good, software182! F3h9xqz.gif

Yeah, looks like DK 12 Server has been cracked successfully by sledge :)

This is what i get when i remove the line www.condusiv.com from hosts file

r8WyJKN.png

I saw a CM 11 custom ROM is made available for Zenfone 5 but the bad thing is that some features are not working. I hope, there will be a thread in XDA regarding my device soon.

Most folks buy a handset based purely on budgetary constraints against hardware specifications - personally, I prefer to make my purchase based around the custom ROM support for the device . . . . . . . . . past, present and more importantly the future.

Hate to have to say to you, that if the custom ROM support has been absent in the past and present - it might most likely be lacking in the future, too. h4CvlGL.gif

Most folks buy a handset based purely on budgetary constraints against hardware specifications - personally, I prefer to make my purchase based around the custom ROM support for the device . . . . . . . . . past, present and more importantly the future.

Hate to have to say to you, that if the custom ROM support has been absent in the past and present - it might most likely be lacking in the future, too. h4CvlGL.gif

Asus wasn't seen in the smartphone market before the launch of Zenfones. So it's totally new thing to be dealt with.

Whatever!!!

Now I have to manage my requirements to fit within the stock ROM (rooted).

Can you guide me through the installation process of modded play store in my device (if possible).

I have heard that the modded play store is way better than the original play store. Is it really true? If not what's the best alternative to play store?

Asus wasn't seen in the smartphone market before the launch of Zenfones. So it's totally new thing to be dealt with.

Whatever!!!

It is not merely about how long it has been in the market - it is about popularity and more importantly inherent hardware limitations.

Now I have to manage my requirements to fit within the stock ROM (rooted).

For example . . . . . . . . . . ASUS itself, is unable to support the Zenfone 5 with the current stock ROM - the latest one available for your device is an old V4.4.2

I have heard that the modded play store is way better than the original play store. Is it really true?

The modded Play Store is better for a :pirate: - personally, I use the original one (since most of my own apps. are purchased from the Play Store.)

FWIW, my apps. are disallowed from dialing home (through methods other than the modded Play Store.)

Just survived a soft-brick due to Xposed. Intel based droids are nasty while it comes to customization. Damn!

Firstly im not to sure if the Comodo Firewall entrys for the 23 IP's need to be in "Network Zone" Or "Global Rules" Does It Matter? :dunno:

well mine 23 ips in Global Rules anyway

I looking at a work around for manual entry of global rules for the 23 ip addresses For comodo

i was able to copy (in Registry) a previous block rule modify it and create a registry entry for a global rule, the only thing i could'nt make was a UID entry, but i moved the created global rule in comodo Internet Security around to a Differant (line) and comodo assigned a UID to it.

Warning: my spoiler has information On tweaking the Computers Registry Be Cafefull ay. if its :alien: to u Dont try it.

This Spoiler is My recreated steps not everything in it is the same in your PCs Registry. this was done on windows 8.1

In Comodo create a Global Block rule (Tasks - Firewall Tasks - Open Advanced Settings - Global rules ) IP 99.99.99.99 for example at end Position of the Global rules list

Add - Firewall Rule

Action: Block

Protocol: IP

Direction: In or Out

Source Address

Type: IPv4 Single Address

IP: 99.99.99.99

leave Destination Address and IP Details tabs alone.

Press ok

Press ok again to finalize settings

Lets take a look at entry made

using regedt32 find

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules

do u see

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\22

Yours may be differant or is I have listed 0-22 keynames listed (Thats how many is in my Comodo Firewall Global Rules = 23 and in list order)

noticed:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules]
"Num"=dword:00000017
Num is In hexdecimal so 17 = 23 in Decimal (Thats the total of Comodo Firewall Global rules)
I enter into keyname 22 and navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\22\SourceIP\Address\IPV4
There i see
AddrStart and AddrEnd Both With 99.99.99.99 Next to them (this is the entry made in comodo earlier 22 was the last position in my list)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-i start editing I export using regedt32 -
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\22
Keys tree Into a reg file
in the created reg file i change every keyname in there from \22 to \23
to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\23
and delete Entry
"UID"="{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}" (X will be mixture of numbers and letters)
and change 99.99.99.99
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\22\SourceIP\Address\IPV4]
"AddrType"=dword:00000001
"AddrStart"="99.99.99.99"
"AddrEnd"="99.99.99.99"
to example 50.22.78.28 so it looks like
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules\23\SourceIP\Address\IPV4]
"AddrType"=dword:00000001
"AddrStart"="50.22.78.28"
"AddrEnd"="50.22.78.28"
save it make sure the changes been made to the reg file before saving it and re apply reg file it to the registry.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you have your regedt32 still open use F5 to refresh screen
you should notice
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules/23
key is there
1 more change in registry to go
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\Firewall\Policy\Global Rules]
"Num"=dword:00000017
change 17 to 18 to make
"Num"=dword:00000018
now Made Entry by Registry go see it in comodo internet security Tasks - Firewall Tasks - Open Advanced Settings - Global rules

and see it for yourself.

by the way the Previous 99.99.99.99 thats 22 entry can be changed to another IP or deleted within comodo its only used as a example.

Final thought: hope this opens up a opportunity for a ip patch for Comodo. (if i could only work out To Create Comodo's UID's Sound's Tricky)

Users of the Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on on Firefox V39 (and above) who face the ugly issue of a depreciated current Tab can mitigate that bug by using the following modified Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zag0w8s5rbh1wnh/tab_mix_plus-0.4.1.8pre.150317a1-fx__(Modified).rar

Please note, the above fix is just a temporary workaround until the Developer of Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on issues a new release.

Users of the Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on on Firefox V39 (and above) who face the ugly issue of a depreciated current Tab can mitigate that bug by using the following modified Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zag0w8s5rbh1wnh/tab_mix_plus-0.4.1.8pre.150317a1-fx__(Modified).rar

Please note, the above fix is just a temporary workaround until the Developer of Tab Mix Plus (TMP) add-on issues a new release.

Yesterday a firmware update was made available for my phone. Now, as I have rooted my phone, how to instal the update now?

Yesterday a firmware update was made available for my phone. Now, as I have rooted my phone, how to instal the update now?

Instead of using a potentially risky in-place upgrade, I prefer to adopt the time-tested full & clean install principle.

Either which way, you may most probably lose your root - to some extent or the other.

If I do a full unroot from superSU, can I instal then? Or do I need superSU pro to have the survival mode option?

If I do a full unroot from superSU, can I instal then?

Installation of that firmware does not depend on one's root status - I suggest leaving the root privilege as it is (do not use the Full unroot feature in SuperSU Pro.)

Or do I need superSU pro to have the survival mode option?

Regardless, of how you configure your SuperSU Pro, your root privileges can still be lost to some extent (if not fully.)

SuperSU privileges are dependent on root, not vice versa - therefore, it is advisable to root your device again, after any firmware upgrade.

You mean to say that with my current root status the firmware upgrade won't cause any conflict to the system? The so called "survival mode" during OTA update is for the syvival of superSU, not the system?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived