ESET v4 Fixes

shought

@Night Owl

I think you misunderstood: the question was 'Is it really necessary to run the fix in XP mode?' (as in 'compatibility mode', at least that's what I believe the poster is trying to say)

Of course you need an AV in your (virtual) XP Mode, just like in any other virtual machine (well, some allow you to reset everything to what it was like before you started, so you might want to consider leaving out the AV in there).

• Replies 2k
  • Views 203.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there!

I'd like to inform, that Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 won't update fresh installed Eset Smart Security 4.2.40. I am sure, that I have done everything as it should be. When I click Update it says: Virus database is up to date, but it shows 5008 (20100407). I know, that initial update requires a few times manual update, but I have tried many times with no results. I suspect that inside /eset_eval/ folder at update.eset.com there isn't current database files. Mayby there is some trick to do?

Cheers!

Hi there!

I'd like to inform, that Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 won't update fresh installed Eset Smart Security 4.2.40. I am sure, that I have done everything as it should be. When I click Update it says: Virus database is up to date, but it shows 5008 (20100407). I knot that initial update requires a few times manual update, but I have tried many times with no results. I suspect that inside /eset_eval/ folder at update.eset.com there isn't current database files. Mayby there is some trick to do?

Cheers!

Hey,

there shouldn't be any update locations in your Update setup. To try and fix this: UnFix ESET (run the fix again, with Self-defense disabled, press UnFix, reboot), remove all update servers from the list, run the fix again and Fix ESET. When you look at your Update setup then it should only show one update server, well, actually none, called 'Choose automatically'. There should be no username and password.

Also, it is not completely necessary to do the first update manually, it might just take a couple of hours before it first updates.

personally i hate using fixes for nod32

i just go to a site that i know once every few months for valid serial and thats it :)

Installed fresh NOD32 today and box, mara- fix 1.3 on a friends computer. Pressed maybe 5 times to Update and I got it.

Cheers ;)

The "box, mara-fix v1.3" worked great for me on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and Windows XP Mode inside the same PC. It also worked great on another PC running Windows XP Home SP3 x32.

Is it really necessary to run the fix in XP mode?

@Night Owl

I think you misunderstood: the question was 'Is it really necessary to run the fix in XP mode?' (as in 'compatibility mode', at least that's what I believe the poster is trying to say)

Of course you need an AV in your (virtual) XP Mode, just like in any other virtual machine (well, some allow you to reset everything to what it was like before you started, so you might want to consider leaving out the AV in there).

@shought

I mentioned how I ran the "box, mara-fix v1.3" in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and also in Windows XP Mode inside the same PC. The post right after mine was the question if it is really necessary to run the box, mara- fix v1.3 in Windows XP Mode. I don't see why anyone would want or need to run the box, mara- fix v1.3 in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 on a Windows 7 PC. "XP Mode" and "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" are, of course, two very different things.

Many people on the Internet though think that because they have antivirus for their Windows 7 host machine, that they don't or may not need antivirus protection for their Windows XP Mode guest machine.

@Night Owl

Yeah, but I think the guy didn't get what you were talking about, because asking 'is it necessary to run the fix in XP mode' is a little odd, no?

Let's forget about it though :P

Hi there!

I'd like to inform, that Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 won't update fresh installed Eset Smart Security 4.2.40. I am sure, that I have done everything as it should be. When I click Update it says: Virus database is up to date, but it shows 5008 (20100407). I know, that initial update requires a few times manual update, but I have tried many times with no results. I suspect that inside /eset_eval/ folder at update.eset.com there isn't current database files. Mayby there is some trick to do?

Cheers!

- I have the same problem with the bold sentence above, i been trying to test out the update without or with Out being in "pre-release mode" it doesn't update even with auto/manual update ESET probably fixed the registry exploit =(

- i have done all unfix and restart thing more than 3 times.

- used YourUninstaller 2010 to uninstall before fresh install NOD32

- used Registry mechanic (without restart after is cleaned) then install Eset Smart Security 4.2.40

- the only way i can update is by enable/disabling "pre-release mode"

box, mara- fix v1.3 =( any idea? or ESET server is down for Trial versions? not the server because i can update by enabling/disabling "pre-release mode"

Tested on:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits

Windows XP SP3 32 bits

p.s v4.2.40 been working fine with box, mara- v1.3 since the day of release until yesterday April 17, 2010 =\ weird...

hello, i have just installed nod32 antivirus 4.2.40 with Box,Mara-Fix 1.3 like explain in the .txt

but I'have got 2 problem :

- the "valid licence until" is like this :

snap602.gif

and I try to update virus database but it always show 5008....

I try to do this, but it doesn't work

To try and fix this: UnFix ESET (run the fix again, with Self-defense disabled, press UnFix, reboot), remove all update servers from the list, run the fix again and Fix ESET. When you look at your Update setup then it should only show one update server, well, actually none, called 'Choose automatically'. There should be no username and password.

any idea ?

thanks and sorry for my english, I'm a french guy.

No problem, it's pretty good (your English) :)

Clearly you have inserted a license in the Update setup, you should remove it. (You should not input any license information)

After removing the license you should UnFix ESET (disable Self-defense, reboot, run the fix, press UnFix, reboot) and then use the fix again (disable Self-defense, reboot, run the fix, press Fix, reboot).

This should work ;)

• Administrator

@.oZ: Maybe ESET servers are busy. Happens many times on weekends.

Even I haven't got any updates from 17th April. ;)

Same for me too. I even tried to manually update three times, but I keep getting told that there are no updates.

Latest version of signatures is 5039. This is where fixes like MiNodlogin, NodEnabler & NodLogin are superior. However, I don't use fixes (for NOD32) it's always manual typing of valid licenses for me. :hehe:

I've got the 17th as well, but guys, remember, it's only the 18th today ;)

Even on one month old definitions an AV should work perfectly fine for the average user (including us all, yes :P).

@echoes

Sometimes the ESET update servers are having high load, they won't be able to provide updates for up to a week (but most of the times just 3 days or so).

Yeah, I just checked with NOD32 Viewer and it can't connect to any server, so that's the problem.

Cheers ;)

@echoes

Sometimes the ESET update servers are having high load, they won't be able to provide updates for up to a week (but most of the times just 3 days or so).

ok; I'm going to wait so.

thanks a lot.

:)

do you think 'eset" in user & pass is necessary at all? or leave it blank is fine? because ill install it for my friend and she doesn't give or know anything about computers so i want to know if leaving USER & PASS blank will be fine with updates or not. aside from ESET update servers being high loaded. ;)

<3 Mara + Nsane forums

• Administrator

do you think 'eset" in user & pass is necessary at all? or leave it blank is fine? because ill install it for my friend and she doesn't give or know anything about computers so i want to know if leaving USER & PASS blank will be fine with updates or not. aside from ESET update servers being high loaded. ;)

<3 Mara + Nsane forums

Leaving it blank would be just fine. Entering eset is only in some cases.

<3 Mara + Nsane forums

we should all reply if any one of us gets an update OK? (mara fix users only)

• Administrator

<3 Mara + Nsane forums

Don't worry .oZ. This has happened a hundreds of times. The trial user servers go down on weekends. You can expect the update to arrive on tuesday, and the servers may get functioning perfectly from about Wednesday, (as per my experience).

ok.

there is nothing for me by the moment

bye

Hey all, for now Eset Special Key Finder V.1.exe is working ok for those that prefer having a username & password. Up til now I've been able to retrieve u/p. Don't have a clue where i got it from cause i too was using nodenabler for a long while.

I've been using U&P floating across websites.

Hopefully, ESET will remain lax for a long time.

Archived