jalaffa

And I have never had DK installed on this Win8 installation and yet have that key in here :uhoh: I'm starting to believe that we're all barking up the wrong tree ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Views 213.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to believe that we're all barking up the wrong tree ;)

I don't think so. I still have 45 days. When you install DK maybe another key will be created. How did you installed Win8? Clean install?

I don't think so. I still have 45 days. When you install DK maybe another key will be created. How did you installed Win8? Clean install?

Yep. Multi-Booting with Win7 and Ubuntu 12.10. Have DK on another installation, but never even started it up on this installation and I remember that for a certainty ;)

Posted Image

nope thats not diskeeper key. Key will look like this with only" miscstatus" on left and "data" key on right pane

Posted Image

@ kien_vip and anuraag i have found the sub key for Diskeeper 2012 ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}\MiscStatus]

and i deleted it, and whola it worked. Thx guys you are the AWESOME.

but what does {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX} stand for? it's just random numbers that show up?

It could be any string (digits+alphabet). Will vary from system to system ;)

some one cant still find miscstatus key, so i report this image again, hope it helpful. use regscaner sourse:http://www.vn-zoom.c...al-2350239.html

Posted Image

I have do exactly like this but no miscstatus was found on windows 8 x64. IF you use totalunistall and see which keys program write you will see that there is not no one key with miscstatus data on windows 8 x64.. Try

On 8 x64 there is something different

some one cant still find miscstatus key, so i report this image again, hope it helpful. use regscaner sourse:http://www.vn-zoom.c...al-2350239.html

Posted Image

I have do exactly like this but no miscstatus was found on windows 8 x64. IF you use totalunistall and see which keys program write you will see that there is not no one key with miscstatus data on windows 8 x64.. Try

On 8 x64 there is something different

i am using x86 system, i dont know any difference between x86 and x64. it can be some registry key

Repeat: i have controlled with total unistall ALL registry keys created by Diskeeper and NO ONE key has a "MiscStatus" data like in that image. So on 8 x64 THERE IS something of diffferent about countdown..

Repeat: i have controlled with total unistall ALL registry keys created by Diskeeper and NO ONE key has a "MiscStatus" data like in that image. So on 8 x64 THERE IS something of diffferent about countdown..

u must use regscaner by nirsoft then do following image, total uninstall cant detect miscstatus key even when u remove diskeeper, trial cant be resetted

Again, i have used already regscanner with all options like in image from previuos post and NO ONE MiscStatus was found!

@denzel

Total uninstall will not show that key on normal Uninstall. You need to install DK with Total uninstall's monitor feature.

So on 8 x64 THERE IS something of diffferent about countdown..

I am currently on Win8 x64 and that registry key present. Here you can see

Posted Image

@denzel

Total uninstall will not show that key on normal Uninstall. You need to install DK with Total uninstall's monitor feature.

Posted Image

Is this with the patch applied? Maybe it is created with the patch and not Diskeeper.

Nope, it's created by Diskeeper. It' strange that somebody can't find it. This was used even on previous Diskeeper version, as I mentioned. Did you run Diskeeper at least once? Or maybe reboot after installation?

Cheers ;)

@denzel

Posted Image

yes, but that key is not present also if see with regscanner.. so, how is it possible?

Nope, it's created by Diskeeper. It' strange that somebody can't find it. This was used even on previous Diskeeper version, as I mentioned. Did you run Diskeeper at least once? Or maybe reboot after installation?

Cheers ;)

I will try those and see what happens. When you say run Diskeeper, do you mean start the program or run a defrag?

Solved.

1) unistall with total unistall

2) reinstall with program monitor by total unistall

3) key found!

Days resetted ;) Thanks all for help..

Solved.

3) key found!

This worked for me. I had to uninstall and reinstall while tracing the program with Revo.

Solved.

3) key found!

This worked for me. I had to uninstall and reinstall while tracing the program with Revo.
new method and working.................

Archived